P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > The Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Music Rhythm of the Underground.

Old 29-12-01, 03:37 AM   #1
greedy_lars
everything you do

Default how diverse are your tastes

was a time when what i liked was what was played on the radio. back then it was eagles, and buffett, and ewwww others. but ahhh, time moved on, and i expanded my horizons.

now its anything from bauahus, to joni mitchell, old elo, 10cc, moody blues, floyd, beatles. marshal tucker band, pure prarie league, zappa, ozark mountain daredevils, brian eno, bowie, daniel lanois, stabbing westward, monster magnet. kate bush, tull, my life with the thrill kill kult, bt,....

then came reggae(proud to say ive got umm 30+ reggae cds), then world music, then brazillian stuff, then madagascar.

throw in some classical, particularlly mozart and beethoven. a little opera.

about the only thing i know i dont like is most country, everything else is a possibility...
greedy_lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-01, 05:15 AM   #2
nanook
just one of the gang...

quite diverse, indeed.
i concur......i am open to about everything, except country.
u must be from my era.........i luved all that stuff on the radio as well, that u have listed.
but there are a few there i could be very open to...

nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-02, 08:12 AM   #3
GhettoFab

Very diverse... anything from Hip-Hop and R&B to Eurodance, House, Trance Rave
GhettoFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-02, 10:19 PM   #4
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

also very diverse here....I grew up with the classic 70's rock...my formative years was the early 80's, where I discovered, and still love, New Wave and punk...my tastes kind of stagnated from there until that fateful day (12/21/99) when the guy who installed my cable modem turned me on to Napster...and from there, I discovered a whole new world of music....from techno to trance to brazilian to reggae to celtic to instrumentals to folk...
not to mention the acoustic versions and the remixes and the covers...and of course, there has always been Peter Gabriel, who continues to defy classification...
....yes, a little of everything...
except country music.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-02, 02:12 AM   #5
Jader
iniquitous

What The? Re: how diverse are your tastes

Quote:
Originally posted by greedy_lars
my life with the thrill kill kult, bt,

I so did not expect either of those 2 groups to be mentioned by anyone, let alone you. Good choices.
Jader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-02, 10:37 AM   #6
greedy_lars
everything you do

dood, not sure where i got it. prolly at my old tech support job, i picked up a Thrill Kill song that i dont know the name of. i named it no daddy no, for obvious reasons. but the mix of techno music, a driving rythem, and arabic singing hooked me hard. then i bought the soundtrack to Cool World( of course i did, it had new Eno on it) and was exposed to Her Sassy Kiss, and to a somewhat lesser degree, Sex On Wheels, and i knew these guys had some real talent. my first exposure to BT was the soundtrack to Go, and the fantastic tune Believer.

but theres a great deal more material by both that i havent checked out. prolly will just as soon as i finish downloading every episode of Farscape, as thanks to the recomdation of a friend, im now hopelessly addicted. but hey, in little over a week ive dloaded all but 2 of the first season, 20 episodes in all, at an avarage of 250 or 332 megs each, depending on the compression. the burners been busy.

the name i threw out that i was wondering if anyone would say wow, was Bauhaus. vampire death rock, the foundation of goth perhaps. when they did it it was cool.
Old 04-01-02, 11:58 AM   #7
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

I did say wow. I also became a huge Peter Murphy fan, post-Bauhaus, and consider him one of the most under-rated talents in pop music. Deep, Holy Smoke, and Cascade are some of my very favorite albums. (didn't care much for the direction of the rest of Bauhaus after the demise.)

I don't think of my tastes as diverse as much as I consider them completely schizophrenic. I'm one of the few people I know who can have Einstürzende Neubauten, Gorecki, Cowboy Junkies, Skinny Puppy, Hildegard Von Bingen, Leon Russell, The Residents, Harry Connick Jr. and This Mortal Coil all in my disc changer during the course of an afternoon.
Ramona_A_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-02, 12:44 AM   #8
Jader
iniquitous

Arrow

Quote:
dood, not sure where i got it. prolly at my old tech support job, i picked up a Thrill Kill song that i dont know the name of. i named it no daddy no, for obvious reasons.
Thrill Kill "performed" at a club scene in The Crow -- the song appears on the soundtrack. "After the Flesh" I think the song is called...

Probably the best multi-artist soundtrack I've ever listened to.

"I am the new way to go
I am the way of the future.

There's a lot of innocent people being...

...crucified."
Old 05-01-02, 02:44 AM   #9
greedy_lars
everything you do

hey wow, forgot about that one, i have that cd too, and yea thats a kick ass song, but not the no daddy no one. ill figure out a way to send it to ya, then you can tell me what its name is. cool?
Old 05-01-02, 05:46 PM   #10
Malk-a-mite

Quote:
Originally posted by Jader

Thrill Kill "performed" at a club scene in The Crow -- the song appears on the soundtrack. "After the Flesh" I think the song is called...[/i]

And "Sex on Wheels" was used in the movie "Cool World"

Thrill Kill has always been big in the clubs as well.
===================
Malk-a-mite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-02, 02:29 AM   #11
ONEMANBANNED
Push "winky" ! Push!!!

diverse way too diverse to list
ONEMANBANNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-02, 04:54 AM   #12
napho
Dawn's private genie

Smile

I like Britney Spears, BSB,Greenday,Eminem...gee that sounds like the Top 40
Also like the Top 30 AND Top 50 just to add a little diversity.
napho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-02, 05:15 AM   #13
Jader
iniquitous

Quote:
hey wow, forgot about that one, i have that cd too, and yea thats a kick ass song, but not the no daddy no one. ill figure out a way to send it to ya, then you can tell me what its name is. cool?
I looked all over... couldn't find it. In case ya forgot, it's called "Ride the Mindway". Can you FTP it up somewhere? I'm really wanting to hear it now... need... angry... techno... music...

Old 10-01-02, 09:34 PM   #14
greedy_lars
everything you do

hey dude, figgured some chit out today, check yer pm, or go to my latest test in the test forum, its posted there in link form.