P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-07-02, 03:59 PM   #1
Merijn

Default Kazaa 1.7.2 is out

Hey folks, I saw that Sharman Networks Ltd. released a new version of Kazaa, being 1.7.2.
ZeroPaid.comp posted it today.

New features:
* New Anti-Virus Measures This release includes further protection for users against viruses such as Backdoor.K0wbot.1.3.B. and Benjamin
* Bug fixesA rare vulnerability has been discovered and fixed in in which an attacker could crash your KaZaA. This is fixed with version 1.7.2
* Improved Search & Download Performance content will now be easier to find and more successful to download.

Also, the installer has been redesigned and makes it even easier to click past the License Agreements of Kazaa & Partners, also resulting in a .8 MB size increase. Yay for innovation.

I downloaded the full thing, ripped it apart and created a CleanKazaa 1.7.2 at http://klont.web1000.com/cleankazaa/ .
I advise you all to have fun with it (the FastTrack network seems to have grown to 2.3 petabyte), but I must note that older versions down to 1.4 still work fine. And are less bloatsome.

Merijn is offline   Reply With Quote