P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-08-02, 04:56 PM   #1
ReD

Default A new P2P Network protocol and client

Hey, I recieved email inviting me to these forums to post info about my project. so i thought i would swing by and sai hi.

Anyhow, I started developing a decentralized open source p2p networking protocol. And also a client for this protocol called Sphere. Over last 3 weeks we have had great interest, many developers joining team and users registering to be beta testers.

So i though i would post here this bit of info and maybe spark more interest. We still need more beta testers, developers and ideas we also want your comments and suggestions.

Click here to visit our site

A little about the protocol.

The protocol is a decentralised protocol which allows users to communicate and share files with other users accross a decentralized network. The protocol will support distributed chat and service sharing aswell as file and information sharing. In theory the network is as scallable as Fasttrack and if not more efficient and feature rich.

A little about the client.

The client we are creating will use this protocol to its fullest advantages. The program will feature a skinnable interface (hopefully), Multi-source, chunked and partial downloads, upload/download ratios, leech prevention, Distributed chat, Node pages, Service sharing, Searching for files and services probably alot more features when we get ideas.

I hope this interests anyone, we are working hard to create a free and open competitor for the top p2p programs you can find alot more information at our website, www.spherep2p.com and also download for our old alpha version.

My regards,
Lead Programmer
Mick W.
ReD is offline   Reply With Quote