P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 25-02-02, 11:34 PM   #1
JackSpratts

Default Morpheus Not Connecting?

the boards are lighting up with reports of people not able to run or connect to morpheus. users are reportedly getting an expired version message. it reads "your version...to old to connect" etc. i'm on tho and ok. i did get a runtime error but a reboot fixed it. anyone else?

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-02, 11:41 PM   #2
pod
Bumbling idiot

Many people are getting connect errors (new version, blah blah blah), but some are able to get on. There's your server-less P2P network... bleh. There also seems to be an 'update' (1.75?) floating around that users are advised to stay away from.

Speaking of P2P, just got the new WinMX beta, and it's working ok, the interface will take some getting used to for a WinMX old-timer like myself :-) BTW, now that 'public' betas are out, the final will be out any day now. At least that was the case with 2.6. The betas were coming in fast and furious, one every day or two, then a final.
pod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-02, 11:49 PM   #3
JackSpratts

hey pod, welcome to nu! hope you like the place. morpheus has never been known for good manners or company-customer relations. as a matter of fact the last time they had a major update they almost started a riot. i guess they learned from that fiasco: they're going to make sure this's one worse! jerks.

- js.
Old 25-02-02, 11:59 PM   #4
BuzzB2K
Just another cat on the FastTrack...

I have been online since last night - I just shut it down so I could switch over to XP from 98. I was able to log right back in...

I have noticed most of the people downloading from me are using Morpheus ( @MusicCity) so a lot of people have not had a problem all day.

I have also noticed all the people on Zeropaid and at the new Morpheus site @ezboard saying they get a message that their client is old and needs to be updated - but I have not seen that myself
BuzzB2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-02, 12:05 AM   #5
Crankygirl
s.h.i.t. disturber

I was able to connect, but the start page is gone. Just that little funky little "gateway timeout" error message to fill my screen. Doesn't bother me though, because I can still search and d/l. I suppose I would be upset if we were still using the "regulars" chat room. I must admit, I rather miss that room. Quite a few laughs were had in there.
The only compulsive user consistently in there was
pod(away)
Glad to see you made it over here pod. It's quite a cozy place, and they take in Morpheus hooligans no questions asked.

Last edited by Crankygirl : 26-02-02 at 12:17 AM.
Crankygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-02, 12:11 AM   #6
BuzzB2K

Default Morph 1.75

Quote:
Originally posted by pod
Many people are getting connect errors (new version, blah blah blah), but some are able to get on. There's your server-less P2P network... bleh. There also seems to be an 'update' (1.75?) floating around that users are advised to stay away from.
Pod,
Glad to see you came on in. I was there in chat.MusicCity and saw someone finally explain that Morph 1.75 is a graphics "morphing" program It has nothing at all to do with Morpheus.

I hope you enjoy it here as much as the rest of us have If you hang around long enough you will recognize a lot of people!
Old 26-02-02, 12:22 AM   #7
BuzzB2K

Quote:
Originally posted by Crankygirl
I was able to connect, but the start page is gone. Just that little funky little "gateway timeout" error message to fill my screen.
I look at the Start Page so infrequently that I was surprised to find out that Spyblocker feels compeled to "protect me" from it. So I would not know if it was down or not. lol
Old 26-02-02, 12:23 AM   #8
JackSpratts

well now i'm seeing patheticly slow speeds and my d/ls are dropping. they get picked up instantly by someone else, only to be dropped again, over and over. my uploads are so slow i want to put my guests out of their misery and drive over to their houses with the cds - it'd be faster. hell, walking would be faster. crawling, mailing...you get the picture

is the riaa finally sinking morpheus or is this just the usual streamcast nuttiness? whatever it is it's not good i'm afraid. tell you what, you guys can solve it and call me in the morning, you're the best on the net and i'm fried. good-night gang.

- jack.

screenshot from inGearX/broadbandreports
Old 26-02-02, 02:11 AM   #9
BuzzB2K

Default Re: Morpheus Not Connecting?

Quote:
Originally posted by JackSpratts
the boards are lighting up with reports of people not able to run or connect to morpheus. users are reportedly getting an expired version message. it reads "your version...to old to connect" etc. i'm on tho and ok. i did get a runtime error but a reboot fixed it. anyone else?

- js.
Jack
I really need to quit reading about other peoples troubles with Morpheus because no sooner do I read it but then it happens to mine! I just got the runtime error on mine... A couple of days back I was reading foglebise saying that he was experiencing BSoD's with his when I started getting a couple myself

I had read your last post of the evening above showing the Error Message in question but hadn't originally seen the attached screen shot, I was busy watching a Movie on PBS and my monitor powered down, when I refreshed the screen that error message popped up - I thought I had just gotten the message myself - lol
Old 26-02-02, 03:34 AM   #10
Xman
It is well established that the RIAA, and only the RIAA, has the right to exploit artists.

Apart from the Start page (this page cannot be displayed) no problems here, although it does take a longer time to connect. The number fo users reported seems normal, around 581,000. But then again, maybe it takes longer for the problems to reach belgium.
Xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-02, 04:04 AM   #11
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Wink

Welcome onboard, Xman - enjoy your stay at Napsterites!

- tg
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-02, 06:17 AM   #12
goldie
yea, it's me.

Quote:
Originally posted by pod

Speaking of P2P, just got the new WinMX beta, and it's working ok, the interface will take some getting used to for a WinMX old-timer like myself :-) BTW, now that 'public' betas are out, the final will be out any day now. At least that was the case with 2.6. The betas were coming in fast and furious, one every day or two, then a final.
HI POD(_away and/or _work)!!! I'm happy to see you've finally found us. Sit down, take a load off and stay a spell

Btw to you Morph users, thanks for the heads up w/connection issues and the return of the infamous runtime error - at one time I was cursed with runtime problems.

Currently logged into morph - start page is down and connected w/583600 users online and all systems are go.

Closing now and back to Winmx
goldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-02, 06:19 AM   #13
goldie
yea, it's me.

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by TankGirl
Welcome onboard, Xman - enjoy your stay at Napsterites!

- tg
Yep-Yep, ~WELCOME~ Xman!!

Old 26-02-02, 06:28 AM   #14
Mowzer
'

Yes welcome X-Man.

You ever used kazaa?
Mowzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-02, 08:13 AM   #15
JackSpratts

hey xman, welcome to nu! how's life in belgium? we're glad you're a member.

- js.
Old 26-02-02, 09:51 AM   #16
Xman
It is well established that the RIAA, and only the RIAA, has the right to exploit artists.

First of all, many thanks for the warm welcome.

The situation here is not that different from the one on the other side of the Atlantic. Our local counterpart of the RIAA also blames the decline in CD sales on illegal copying. The economic slowdown had, of course, nothing to do with it.

As for Kazaa, it was the first P2P app I ever had. I dumped it not much later after I found out it had (alleged?) spyware. That's when i took Morpheus, which resembled Kazaa quite a lot.

And lastly, I've just got the "too old" message. No connection possible. Let's hope it's a glitch.
Xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-02, 10:43 AM   #17
goldie
yea, it's me.

What The? Move over fellas

Well lots can change in 5 hours or so.

Unable to connect to a node - the nodes are whizzing by at amazing speeds but not 1 successful connect!
Start page is back I see .

Screw 'em I say

2.0 experimentation? Sys crash or has someone pushed the "deploy" button by accident........just kiddin'

Will check off and on and see if things clear up.
Old 26-02-02, 10:51 AM   #18
Crankygirl
s.h.i.t. disturber

Hi GR, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one shunned by Morph. I am in the same leaky, sinking boat as you. Start page is there, but now I can't connect. Although it tells me it is trying to "connecting......" I hope this is just an upgrade glitch, but I am becoming a little less hopeful. I had noticed over the last 2 weeks that Morph had taken longer and longer to connect. Well we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed that things will change for the better in the NEXT 5 hours.
Crankygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-02, 11:14 AM   #19
goldie
yea, it's me.

Love

Quote:
Originally posted by Crankygirl
Hi GR, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one shunned by Morph. I am in the same leaky, sinking boat as you. Start page is there, but now I can't connect. Although it tells me it is trying to "connecting......" I hope this is just an upgrade glitch, but I am becoming a little less hopeful. I had noticed over the last 2 weeks that Morph had taken longer and longer to connect. Well we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed that things will change for the better in the NEXT 5 hours.
I hadn't noticed morph taking extra time connecting, I had noticed that a 2-3 weeks ago I get dropping nodes....drop one find another, dropped again grab another over and over, sometimes taking about 10 minutes between drops and connects.......

All that activity had sent me packing in search of other alternatives for my #1 proggie - didn't want to get caught with my pants down ya know

Hey Crankygirl - Chin-up!! Have you set up Winmx yet (thank goodness there's wide selection of apps for your downloading pleasure heehee. Tried the Winmx betas? Grab a open nap list and get busy honey - they (morph/kaz/grok) need us a helluva lot more than we need them, ain't that right <high fivin' ya>.

Passing you the fresh popcorn bag and a six pack of <insert beverage of *your* choice>. We'll all ride it out and see where it leads!

Old 26-02-02, 11:14 AM   #20
wasabodger

Hi getting ..this version too old message when trying to connect here in UK....its says d/l new version from musiccity
When i try i still find 1.3.3 on M/C and Download .com
wasabodger is offline   Reply With Quote