P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-03-02, 03:17 PM   #1
fogelbise

Question Looking for WinMX tips please

(edit to add mxnapper and napmx links)

Hello all,

I decided to give WinMX another try and figured i could really use any tips out there. I finally got a movie there the other day...and that is my main focus right now, though i love music too.

I have searched the forums here, and the web and got a few tips. There are so many threads here that mentioned WinMX that i had a hard time going through many of them. Perhaps a compilation here that everyone could use?

from museekster:
-new to me was with using the ping, stupid me thought the higher numbers were better...now it makes sense.
-warming it up by doing a common/popular search first. i may have gotten a few more results doing this but not sure if i would have gotten those new ones anyway.

from this forum:
-select multiple servers(winmx 3 beta), users(both versions), whatever using shift-click or control-click to avoid repetition.
-using napmx ["down"(load) link at the top] for ver 2.6 or MXNapper for 3.0 beta to add whole lists of opennap servers for better search results.
-messaging: had some luck with, best results are when someone who's queue i was in messaged me! for something i had. worked fine.
-when banned for using winmx, change setting(forget where in app) to report that you are using a different client.
-resuming a file where only the name is different by making a copy and changing the name to the same as your partial download.

problems i am having(even though sharing 120 files/3gigs, including recent movies like resident evil and showtime.)....
-shows "cancelled"
-kicked back in queues continuously
-banned from server, not sharing(once, when i was sharing)
-same user keeps coming back: busy(queuable) after repeated tries to "enter queue" by right clicking. (means i am being "ignored?" with ignore function? or server problem?)

thanks to everyone for any help! please add to the list.

Last edited by fogelbise : 25-03-02 at 03:34 PM.
fogelbise is offline   Reply With Quote