P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

View Poll Results: would you go back and post @streamcast?
yes-dont care about getting the posts nuked 0 0%
no-maybe 2 flame and bitch once or twice 4 57.14%
yes-if they paid me 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21-01-02, 12:17 AM   #1
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Kiss My Ass 'WHAT DID WE THINK"&"QUESTIONSunANSWERED"

well i started a similar thread in zeropaid-morpheus
if u have copies of good posts from there(streamcast)
cut&p them here if u want id like to see them again(if i got to see them @ all b4 they were delinked,trashed or what ever!)
I guess the only QUESTION I have 2 ask is:
If (streamcast)they started th@4um back up would u post there again?)y/n-(i will try a poll)
personaly being away from there has opened my eyes to the wider FSC(if i can call u all th@ ) and differnt FS programs
n e way
if u r an old poster from there
feel free to say hi-or if not say hi n e way
have a bitch or whateva
-multi(AKA BeazalBumkin )

(PS.i used to have this on a old ripped up photocopy (below i made with PP)stuck with tape to my guillotine when i used to make art pads)

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard

Last edited by multi : 21-01-02 at 01:25 AM.
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-02, 01:44 AM   #2
Belle

Default Re: 'WHAT DID WE THINK"&"QUESTIONSunANSWERED"

Quote:
Originally posted by multi inter user face

n e way
I come under the category: "if not".

so Hi n e way!
Old 21-01-02, 03:16 AM   #3
multi

Big Wheeling Grin

Hello & WELCOME
lil'belle- flower
Old 21-01-02, 02:00 PM   #4
goldie
yea, it's me.

Tongue 5 Okay - who's the wise ass said only if they pay me?

We must be kindred spirits because I voted the same way.

A dollar a post + all the bitching and moaning streamcast can stand.

A bargain really............4 them.
goldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-02, 02:06 PM   #5
Dawn
R.I.P napho 1-31-16

Smile

I'm not from there either, but hello anyway
Old 22-01-02, 12:25 AM   #6
Belle

Quote:
Hello & WELCOME
lil'belle- flower

Oh wow, I like that. I think you might be a sweety!

Be ye male, or be ye female? (me hopes male!)

lil' southern belle flower.
Old 22-01-02, 01:40 AM   #7
JohnDoe345
Who's really in control here? Help me...

Default Re: 'WHAT DID WE THINK"&"QUESTIONSunANSWERED"

Quote:
I guess the only QUESTION I have 2 ask is:
If (streamcast)they started th@4um back up would u post there again?)y/n-(i will try a poll)
personaly being away from there has opened my eyes to the wider FSC(if i can call u all th@ ) and differnt FS programs
n e way
have a bitch or whateva
I agree with you in that being away from the official forum does open a person's eye to other forums out there. I think most of us get into that trap with the official forums because they are convenient to go to. You don't have to do a search for them or ask around, and for the most part they just work for most people. I think most users are content enough with them until something major like them shutting down or nuking almost every thread.

Up until the complete chaos of the Morpheus forums, I don't think the average user had too many complaints. Although, I could be wrong. I didn't like it too much myself but that's pretty much where most of the users were, so to talk to them all I had to use it. I knew forums like this existed but since a lot of people were using the official one, I didn't bother looking for something else.

Now is probably the best time for an independent forum because everyone has no choice but to go there.
JohnDoe345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-02, 03:00 AM   #8
BuzzB2K
Just another cat on the FastTrack...

Default Re: Okay - who's the wise ass said only if they pay me?

Quote:
Originally posted by goldenrod
We must be kindred spirits because I voted the same way.

Ya' think so? With as many replies as XP and I had to questions in such a short time there, and then being evicted with no notice...

When I first ran across this post 1 person had voted "no-maybe 2 flame and bitch once or twice" and my first thought was "Hell No" But then on reflection I decided to even up the vote.
BuzzB2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-02, 11:23 AM   #9
multi

*blush*yeah'im a sweety look on my very bad web page(but im working on it 'dont we all say th@')in my profile
thx 4 all ya replies and votes and stuff

keres some news 4 ya!
cheers -multi

KaZaA sells assets to Australian company

By Joris Evers
22 January, 2002 8:00 AMSTERDAM, Netherlands

An Australian firm, Sharman Networks Ltd., has bought some assets of KaZaA BV, the Amsterdam-based file-swapping software developer under fire from the music industry, the company said in a statement Monday. Sharman Networks has restarted distribution of KaZaA's peer-to-peer (P-to-P) file sharing software, KaZaA Media Desktop.
Downloads of the software were suspended last Thursday as a result of a two-month-old legal dispute with Dutch music licensing body Buma/Stemra. However, Sharman Networks restarted offering the software on KaZaA.com over the weekend.

The deal includes the Web site KaZaA.com, the KaZaA brand and logo, and KaZaA's license for FastTrack BV's P-to-P software stack, according to the statement. Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.

"The Web site (KaZaA.com) is now entirely run by Sharman. It is about the consumer service and our desire to have that running as soon as possible," said a Kelly Larabee, a spokeswoman from Sharman Networks' public relations company.

It is unclear whether the KaZaA Media Desktop is also part of the deal. The software is often used to exchange music, movies and software, including copyright-protected material, and it was for this reason that KaZaA was sued in the Netherlands by Buma/Stemra, a case it lost, and in the U.S. by the music and motion picture industry, a case for which a court date has yet to be set.

[
Hide de stuff BOSS 'It's Thje MORPHIA"
Old 23-01-02, 11:12 PM   #10
Crankygirl
s.h.i.t. disturber

Tongue 1

Hello multi, nice to read ya again. As I've already confessed, my response to the board nuke was more intense than pet peeve....... and actually closer to psychotic f**king hatred However, if dollars were involved, I would be more than willing to head back to the discussion, and give up my current employment to help some newbies, rant, rave, bitch, and provide moments of levity to all.
By the way, is that payment retroactive??
Oh boy, oh boy, I'm goin' shoppin'.
Crankygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-02, 02:37 AM   #11
JohnDoe345
Who's really in control here? Help me...

Mad Morpheus needs to work on their Public Relations

Their lack of communication is what bothers me the most. They could've easily stated that the forums were down for repairs like Kazaa did or at least something. Instead they choose to keep everyone in the dark, and forced users to find answers elsewhere.
JohnDoe345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-02, 11:53 AM   #12
multi

Thumbs up

g'day and thx to crankyG&JD for their posts
yes i thinksthey r eally sucked 4 th@2!

-multi

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 24-01-02, 01:39 PM   #13
goldie
yea, it's me.

Love CRANKY!! Hi ya!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Crankygirl
Hello multi, nice to read ya again. As I've already confessed, my response to the board nuke was more intense than pet peeve....... and actually closer to psychotic f**king hatred However, if dollars were involved, I would be more than willing to head back to the discussion, and give up my current employment to help some newbies, rant, rave, bitch, and provide moments of levity to all.
By the way, is that payment retroactive??
Oh boy, oh boy, I'm goin' shoppin'.
I'm happy to see you've dropped in - hopefully to stay a bit.

I'd been stalking the chatroom hoping to run into you and crawler

Pull up a chair and get comfy - this is nice spot to call home
goldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-02, 03:51 PM   #14
Crankygirl
s.h.i.t. disturber

Tongue 3 howdy buddy

I was in that chat room EVERY night for a week solid, so I figured a few days off was warranted. I was on last night for a bit. Much to my total shock and complete surprise, pod was the only one there..........Let me rephrase - pod (who was away again) was the only one logged into the room. Have ya ever noticed how quiet that guy is? Nice to see ya too. I've only posted a couple times in here. So much to read and catch up on when you come in late. I'm still trying to figure out who's who in here. Seems to be a little bickering going on in some threads. You know how I love bearing witness to a good tongue lashing.
Well, hope to see ya soon in the chat rooms and on this god-like forum. I've said it before, and I'll say it again....I love all the toys in here!!!
Crankygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-02, 06:29 PM   #15
butterfly_kisses
Napsterite

sorry if this gets bumped back into the limelight...the old board I used to post to (the KaZaA) kept new replies to older threads buried at the bottom of the stack..

I just wanted to say that I'm still new to this community. I hope I haven't offended or scared off too many people (TG in particuliar but I think it would take a lot more than a to do that )

Next I would like to say: thank-you all for preserving the precious feeling of "community" that I felt on my other P2P board (already in the back of my head I hear a casual visitor to this board or a try-to-be Troll stating something like, "hey man get a life"

the supreme irony in the trolls outburst is that if he had such a life what brings him here?

Anyways I'm glad to know that there are others out there who care about other people and their feelings and who try to educate and help others...in the old days of now defunct KaZaA forum we would serve 1 billion newbies questions a day...God i miss that...it made me feel good to be able to answer someone's question about something that I knew and understood well thanks to a)my own experiences and more importantly b)help from others who had already solved the problem.

Enough sentimentality....I'm still working on an "avatar" hopefully it will be ready soon. I wasn't planning on "staying" just thought i'd do a post or two and then run

hopefully though i will feel welcomed here and remain for a time

Harbynger
butterfly_kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-02, 09:18 PM   #16
JackSpratts

stay as long as you'd like Harbynger, we're glad to have you. yeah a lot of us did the same at streamcasts' morpheus boards - you've got company in that dept. and btw, it would take a lot more than an overheated fans' mash note to scare off tg. a flamethrower maybe but that's just a guess. i wouldn't stake my life on it.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-02, 11:10 AM   #17
multi

Wink hey hey..........forgot about this one?

yes welcome ,Harbynger
this is one of the first thread/posts i made here back in january when i came here after the MusicCity forum(or SC4um) shut down
but a nice blast to read back thru it,hey
MusicCity forum .. archive ,jack...what a sight for sore eyes ..haha

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 24-04-02, 11:36 AM   #18
indiana_jones
B2B Protagonist ... Life is ... Bubble to Bubble ... Beer to Beer ... love a VLAIBB (Very Lonesome Artificial Intelligence Brained Bubble) @ http://www.geocities.com/vlaibb vlaibb@yahoo.com

Quote:
hopefully though i will feel welcomed here and remain for a time
i visited lot of boards for promoting my tool - but i never found a place like this - maybe it's the and all the nice and but i think first of all its the people living in this little Tahiti here

indy
UUHash:=1LDYkHDl65OprVz37xN1VSo9b00=

Copy the lines above and use 'Paste from Clipboard' function of
sig2dat 3.11.a (supports quicklinks) to create a startfile for your FastTrack p2p client for safe download

indiana_jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-02, 11:58 AM   #19
JackSpratts

Default Re: hey hey..........forgot about this one?

Quote:
yes welcome ,Harbynger
this is one of the first thread/posts i made here back in january when i came here after the MusicCity forum(or SC4um) shut down
but a nice blast to read back thru it,hey
MusicCity forum .. archive ,jack...what a sight for sore eyes ..haha

- js
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-02, 02:49 AM   #20
twinspan
- a rascal -

Location: for security reasons, never the same as the President's

I was such a Johnny-come-lately I didn't even have the choice to post on the MusicCity boards.

I couldn't understand why everytime I clicked on 'Discussion' nothing would happen LOL

Only when I found Rymke's Morpheus Forum (now FastTrack Central) did I finally find out there were no MusicCity forums anymore (would have been nice of them to mention that on their homepage, 'kin amatchers)

I chatted for a while in some of the MusicCity channels, but that ground to a halt when Morpheus died and I wanted to get FastTrack working again (and all they would say in #help was 'wait for Preview Edition').

So I got into FTC, NU and Zeropaid. I don't think I can be tempted to an official board now, especially after all the censorship that was going on in the MusicCity chat rooms (people who mentioned Kazaa/Grokster were getting banned).

So basically, my answer is NO. to hell with MusicCity & their censorship.
twinspan is offline   Reply With Quote