P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 28-02-05, 11:11 AM   #1
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Default Iran Signs Nuclear Fuel Deal With Russia

BUSHEHR, Iran Feb 28, 2005 — Iran and Russia ignored U.S. objections and signed a nuclear fuel agreement Sunday that is key to bringing Tehran's first reactor online by mid-2006.

The long-delayed deal, signed at the heavily guarded Bushehr nuclear facility in southern Iran, came on the eve of a meeting of the board of the Vienna-based International Atomic Energy Agency to discuss concerns about Iran's nuclear program.

The U.N. nuclear watchdog meeting takes place amid revelations that members of a black market network had handed Iran all the basic knowledge the Middle Eastern country needed to set up technology that can be used to make atomic weapons by the late 1980s.more..

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-05, 02:35 PM   #2
JackSpratts

i think it's a foregone conclusion that if iran builds a breeder the isrealies will take a whack at it.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-05, 03:09 PM   #3
jcmd62
Alpha Male

i hope they do as well as they did taking out Iraqs nuclear *COUGH* Power plant.

Yes we are all well aware of Iran's shortage of natural resources and their absolute need for a NUCLEAR POWER plant. Oh thats right they only NEED a NUCLEAR power plant to become NUCLEAR POWERED TERRORISTS.

They have enough oil to provide themselves with electricity for eons. The ONLY reason for them wanting a nuclear power plant is to produce weapons grade uranium/plutonium to sell to the highest bidding TERRORIST.

If Israel doesn't take it out we should.
jcmd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-05, 06:57 PM   #4
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmd62
If Israel doesn't take it out we should.
agreed.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-05, 09:01 PM   #5
jcmd62
Alpha Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSpratts
agreed.

- js.
Any thoughts on the Soviets. I was somewhat surprised they so blatently said f-you to the US. Online 2006, No we never wait until the last minute and rush in to anything. How long has Iran been practically bragging it's "untouchable". Wasn't there a story recently where Iran claimed they could defend the power plant, and that what happened in Iraq with the Israeli's couldn't happen in Iran?

It's like we are constantly playing truth or dare, and nobody ever askes us a question.
jcmd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-05, 09:56 PM   #6
multi

i thought in that meeting the other day between bush and putin, bush announced that 'we both agreed that iran should not have nuclear weapons'

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 01-03-05, 03:08 AM   #7
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

Russia did say that they would take the spent fuel so Iran could not make weapons.

On the other hand, Bush was fucked in the ass by Putin, no more than a week after his european tour, this happens. Is russia saying "I dare you now"

Oh yeah and, China signed a US$100 million deal with Iran to import 10 million tons of liquefied natural gas over a 25-year period in exchange for Chinese investment in Iran's oil and gas exploration.
floydian slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-05, 05:30 PM   #8
Sinner
--------------------

!

Quote:
The Iranian government continues to stonewall European efforts to stop Iran's nuclear weapons program. Iran says it will promise to not make nuclear weapons, but won't allow foreign inspectors to confirm that. The Islamic conservatives are behind the secret nuclear weapons program, a program that enjoys wide support among a population that is otherwise hostile to the Islamic conservatives.

The Islamic conservatives who control the government are worried about American intervention, but not an American invasion. Anyone with a bit of knowledge about military strategy and history knows that invading Iran is a very different matter than invading Iraq. Iran is a much tougher opponent, even with most Iranians unhappy with their current government. Iran has three times as many people as Iraq, and the dominant ethnic group, ethnic Iranians, comprise about half the population. In contrast, Iraq has been successfully invaded several times in the last century. Not so Iran. But Iran is vulnerable to a foreign power providing support for rebels inside Iran. Unfortunately, most Iranians want change, but they don't want to use violence to do something about it. If anyone invaded Iran, most of the population would get behind defeating the invaders. Over the last five thousand years, there have been few successful invasions of Iran. The country has geography, and a tough, resourceful population, to provide a formidable level of resistance. But the United States could do a lot more to support the numerous anti-government sentiment inside Iran. That support may be happening already. By providing money, equipment (radios, computers, cell phones) and information about what Islamic conservatives are doing to the population, but trying to keep quiet, the United States just increases the popular pressure against the Islamic conservatives. Unfortunately, American pressure on Iran to stop its nuclear weapons program is generally unpopular within Iran. Most Iranians see the possession of nuclear weapons as neccessary for national defense, and something a nation of Iran's history and stature deserves.
Old 03-03-05, 07:41 PM   #9
Nicobie

Everybody is pissed about Iran and North Korea having nukes and the talk is now maybe 'preemptive' strikes by Israel.

Are you people out of your fookin' minds?

There is a tiny chance that Muslims will trust the USA. There are zero chances they will ever trust Israel. They have reasons for that.... Israel has nukes and lord it over all in that part of the world with the "apparent" blessing of the US.

I say The US needs to do a preemptive strike on Israel's nuclear capabilities before they start WWIII. And we need to do it soon.
Old 03-03-05, 10:01 PM   #10
multi

preemptive strikes on nuclear installations is crazyness ....if any of this madness goes ahead...there will be non-habitable patches of the middle east that could stretch for 1000's of miles..not to mention radiation poisoning that could kill generations
i think these countries trying to get nukes want to play the cold war game
(not that it available to them only to super powers with mega populations)
if you got them you become part of this big stand off...and everyone leaves everyone else alone...
not saying this is a good thing..but its understandbly the holy grail for some of these poorer countries..ie. pakistan vs india

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 03-03-05, 10:13 PM   #11
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicobie
Everybody is pissed about Iran and North Korea having nukes and the talk is now maybe 'preemptive' strikes by Israel.

Are you people out of your fookin' minds?

There is a tiny chance that Muslims will trust the USA. There are zero chances they will ever trust Israel. They have reasons for that.... Israel has nukes and lord it over all in that part of the world with the "apparent" blessing of the US.

I say The US needs to do a preemptive strike on Israel's nuclear capabilities before they start WWIII. And we need to do it soon.
Nic, you are tonight the voice of reason Didn't dare to post on this subject for fear of being labeled anti-american (when i'm really an anti-Bush) once again. I agree with you 100% except on the preemptive part. I'd cut US $$$ support to Israel first before going preemp on them to see how they'd spin with the local arab community for a while without big brotha's help
miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-05, 07:49 PM   #12
Nicobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_silver
I'd cut US $$$ support to Israel first before going preemp on them to see how they'd spin with the local arab community for a while without big brotha's help
Well, you're right about cutting the bucks first. However Israel needs to feel a bit of the dirk too. The dillweeds are trying to kill the rest of the world over their land grab. And I, and alot of others don't like it.

"SO, what has Israel done for you lately?
Old 04-03-05, 08:40 PM   #13
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicobie
"SO, what has Israel done for you lately?
To put it bluntly, nothing what so ever.
miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote