P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-12-04, 01:05 PM   #21
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellBound
considering you dont have a clue how i voted in the election or even if i did...that is a pretty big statement saying that the american public gave their blessing. No the american public didnt, 51% of the VOTING american public did.
51% of the voters is not half of the population, but for some of those who voted for dubya, I think the message was clear...Keep us safe from those big bad, far away terrorists at the expense of our childrens lives. Let's hammer in democracy into Iraq even tho it's clear they don't want to see the coalition in their country anymore and let's us level another city to teach those iraquies who don't think like us, that they should from now on or be treated as an enemy. Either with us or agains us. The rest of the population who didn't vote, I place them in the same basket for the reason that, if you're too lame ass to go vote or atleast void your vote, you deserve the prez you get and all that comes with it. Unfortunately, in the real world, it's not easy to pronounce those words, sit back and watch the death toll rise every day. A lot of those young adults probably didn't even want to go to war but were forced to.

Quote:
my best friend's son signed up without her permission. he is 18. great kid, but he figured if he ever wanted to make it he needed to go the army route to help pay for college.

Parents do not sacrifice their kids, the kids get hammered at school at career fairs, parent teacher conferences, open house and any other time the services can get into the buildings that the armed services is the best way to get an education if you dont have the money or if you arent sure what you want to be, join the services, we will teach you.
I'm sorry for your best friend Helly, not an easy thing to learn as a mother. You forgot to mention shopping malls in the list, a very popular spot for recruiting On this, have nothing else to say beside, that it's sad to have kids recruted without the knowledge of the parents or legal guardians. If one cannot have a beer before 21, then one should not be able to get recruited before 21 IMHO.

Quote:
have you ever noticed how few females post in this forum? the main reason why i dont, is because of the patronizing attitude men get when women try to talk politics. its as if we dont have the right to our say when you all start blabbering about the subject. Since we are female we get carried away or dont know what we are talking about.
I disagree with you on this, I highly doubt that it was tk's goal. Hey, some other users told me once, "Not to get my panties in a bunch" or "Must be the female hormones" Now that was directly an assault on my gender but hey, those who resort to those lame ass comments are the ones at loss for words. Politics can be a very touchy subject but hey, just need to watch some political debate on television to realise that some elected officials are also a bunch of bitches and trolls when they argue. Don't see why this forum should be any different.

Peace for the new year and hopefully, 2005 will be a better year for the planet.
miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote