P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 16-02-07, 04:02 PM   #121
RDixon

Attached Images

RDixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-07, 10:15 PM   #122
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

x = 5 cm

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-07, 02:52 AM   #123
RDixon

an elephant in the way
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ramp.jpg
Views:	1541
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	12665  
Old 18-02-07, 03:44 AM   #124
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakonix View Post
x = 5 cm
Don't do his homework for him. He'll never learn.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-07, 11:33 AM   #125
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

I'll only help this one more time.

The presence of the elephant does not effect the physics experiment.

The elephant is depicted standing and facing away from the approach of the object, and would not see it coming and therefor would not react to it.

The ramp is stated to be frictionless and therefor the object going down it will make no noise to alert the elephant.

The presence of other obstructions such as an accumulation of elephant feces is not indicated.

The object will approach the elephant, pass between its hind legs, continue under the elephant and pass between its front legs and continue toward the target spring.

Other observations:

The ramp is stated to be frictionless, but the experiment would have to be conducted in a perfect vacuum in order to eliminate friction between the object and the atmosphere. The size and shape of the object would also have an effect on friction (drag). As such, friction from the atmosphere upon the object is presumed eliminated from the experiment.

Question 2b is a trick question.

It’s interesting how physics teachers, who are trying to teach students about real world science must use extra-scientific explanations such as “frictionless surfaces” in order to simplify the problem.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Old 18-02-07, 01:12 PM   #126
RDixon

So, the elephant is trying to obstruct the solution, but is inconsequential to it.
Old 01-03-07, 05:35 PM   #127
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

this can only be a positive development:
Quote:
Bush relents and invites Iran and Syria to Iraq talks
US President George W Bush has finally caved in to demands to involve Iraq's neighbours Iran and Syria in talks about the strife-torn country's future.

After months of resisting calls to convene a regional security conference, the White House has given the go-ahead for the two countries it blames for much of the insurgency to take part in talks.

The Iranian and Syrian governments have agreed to attend the meeting in Baghdad on March 10 which will also involve senior representatives from the five permanent UN Security Council members - the US, Britain, France, Russia and China.
http://news.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=322472007
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-07, 07:04 PM   #128
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife View Post
this can only be a positive development
I agree, and it's about time. Maybe it took this long to soften up Iran's economy enough to make them willing to compromise, or maybe Bush was just a stubborn ass. Either way I expect this will improve our relations with their nation, perhaps permanently.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-07, 07:40 PM   #129
theknife

it's ironic that the standard US mantra re Syria & Iran is always "all options are on the table" - a phrase that is designed to raise the ominous specter of every dreadful weapon we have, but precludes good old-fashioned diplomacy.
Old 01-03-07, 11:12 PM   #130
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

We needed to have something Iran wanted in order for the talks to achieve anything. I think what they really want from us is our money for their oil, and China's money, too. In other words, we had no reason to engage them in diplomacy until we had something to offer them. Our government has no sense of irony at all. The threat of war was calculated, intended not for the headlines of Farsi or Arabic newspapers but of English ones.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-07, 12:24 AM   #131
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Quote:
but precludes good old-fashioned diplomacy
Maybe that is what YOU think, you can believe whatever you want - but that is NOT FACT, whether you choose to recognize it or not.

ALL OPTIONS means exactly that, and DOES NOT preclude diplomacy.

Diplomacy ALWAYS comes first, it is the first option - and that is what is being used now. The U.N. sanctions against Iran are part of that diplomatic process and did not get in place only due to the U.S. vote for them. The vote was UNANIMOUS.

Old 02-03-07, 06:01 AM   #132
theknife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakonix View Post
Maybe that is what YOU think, you can believe whatever you want - but that is NOT FACT, whether you choose to recognize it or not.

ALL OPTIONS means exactly that, and DOES NOT preclude diplomacy.
like in iraq?
Old 02-03-07, 08:33 AM   #133
albed
flippin 'em off

What good is all this "diplomacy" shit when countries don't abide by their signed agreements.

Oh right, it's to give the brainless liberal traitors another reason to condemn the U.S.
Old 02-03-07, 08:43 AM   #134
multi
Thanks for being with arse

the only traitors are the ones who still support a government that is clearly sending them down the drain

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-07, 09:21 AM   #135
albed
flippin 'em off

I don't suppose you're talking about the government running your country and supporting your worthless parasitical existance.

But you think you can see clearly what's 10,000 miles away instead. And you think people living much more prosperous lives than you are somehow going down the drain.

Ahh if it makes you feel better.

Last edited by albed : 02-03-07 at 10:01 AM. Reason: sp
Old 02-03-07, 09:32 AM   #136
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by

Oh right, it's to give the brainless liberal traitors another reason to condemn the U.S.
Bleach your hair, get down to 70 lbs by vomiting after every meal and schedule your sex reassignment surgery! Your transformation into Anne Coulter is almost complete.
Ramona_A_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-07, 09:58 AM   #137
albed
flippin 'em off

Your envy of only one Anne Coulter is bad enough. With two who knows what'd become of you.
Old 02-03-07, 03:22 PM   #138
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife View Post
this can only be a positive development:
http://news.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=322472007

The only thing the USA should be doing on the negotiating table is listening to them, keeping tabs on them and secretly preparing to topple the regime. Because that`s exactly what they`re doing.
Old 24-05-07, 10:37 PM   #139
multi

Cheney Attempting to Constrain Bush's Choices on Iran Conflict: Staff Engaged in Insubordination Against President Bush

There is a race currently underway between different flanks of the administration to determine the future course of US-Iran policy.

On one flank are the diplomats, and on the other is Vice President Cheney's team and acolytes -- who populate quite a wide swath throughout the American national security bureaucracy.

The Pentagon and the intelligence establishment are providing support to add muscle and nuance to the diplomatic effort led by Condi Rice, her deputy John Negroponte, Under Secretary of State R. Nicholas Burns, and Legal Adviser John Bellinger. The support that Director of National Intelligence Mike McConnell, Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, and CIA Director Michael Hayden are providing Rice's efforts are a complete, 180 degree contrast to the dysfunction that characterized relations between these institutions before the recent reshuffle of top personnel.

However, the Department of Defense and national intelligence sector are also preparing for hot conflict. They believe that they need to in order to convince Iran's various power centers that the military option does exist.

But this is worrisome. The person in the Bush administration who most wants a hot conflict with Iran is Vice President Cheney. The person in Iran who most wants a conflict is Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Iran's Revolutionary Guard Quds Force would be big winners in a conflict as well -- as the political support that both have inside Iran has been flagging.

Multiple sources have reported that a senior aide on Vice President Cheney's national security team has been meeting with policy hands of the American Enterprise Institute, one other think tank, and more than one national security consulting house and explicitly stating that Vice President Cheney does not support President Bush's tack towards Condoleezza Rice's diplomatic efforts and fears that the President is taking diplomacy with Iran too seriously.

This White House official has stated to several Washington insiders that Cheney is planning to deploy an "end run strategy" around the President if he and his team lose the policy argument.

The thinking on Cheney's team is to collude with Israel, nudging Israel at some key moment in the ongoing standoff between Iran's nuclear activities and international frustration over this to mount a small-scale conventional strike against Natanz using cruise missiles (i.e., not ballistic missiles).

More..

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 28-05-07, 09:31 AM   #140
multi

Bush authorizes group formerly headed by alleged 9/11 mastermind to be bankrolled & armed by CIA for covert regime change

Recent revelations illustrating the fact that the U.S. government is using a Sunni Al-Qaeda terrorist group formerly headed by the alleged mastermind of 9/11 to carry out bombings in Iran undermines the entire war on terror as a monumental hoax that is being exploited purely to realize a geopolitical agenda.

"President George W Bush has given the CIA approval to launch covert "black" operations to achieve regime change in Iran, intelligence sources have revealed. Mr Bush has signed an official document endorsing CIA plans for a propaganda and disinformation campaign intended to destabilise, and eventually topple, the theocratic rule of the mullahs."

"The CIA is giving arms-length support, supplying money and weapons, to an Iranian militant group, Jundullah, which has conducted raids into Iran from bases in Pakistan," the London Telegraph reported yesterday.

Jundullah is a Sunni Al-Qaeda offshoot organization that was formerly headed by alleged 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. Even if you believe the official story of 9/11 to the letter, the fact that Bush has personally authorized U.S. support for this group completely dismantles the facade of the war on terror.

The group has been blamed for a number of bombings inside Iran aimed at destabilizing Ahmadinejad's government and is also active in Pakistan, having been fingered for its involvement in attacks on police stations and car bombings at the Pakistan-US Cultural Center in 2004.

The U.S. government is arming and directing a Sunni Al-Qaeda group to carry out bombings in Iran and yet Bush has the temerity to grandstand during his Rose Garden speech last week and wave the Al-Qaeda bogeyman to strike the fear of God into American citizens.

"As to al Qaeda in Iraq, al Qaeda is going to fight us wherever we are. That's their strategy. Their strategy is to drive us out of the Middle East. They have made it abundantly clear what they want. They want to establish a caliphate. They want to spread their ideology. They want safe haven from which to launch attacks. They're willing to kill the innocent to achieve their objectives, and they will fight us. And the fundamental question is, will we fight them? I have made the decision to do so. I believe that the best way to protect us in this war on terror is to fight them," Bush said on Thursday.

Bush's definition of fighting Al-Qaeda is apparently to lend them all the funds, weapons and tactical know how they need to carry out attacks against innocent civilians in Iran, and let us not forget that America's allies the British have also been caught training insurgents in Iraq to carry out hi-tech bombings that are later blamed on Iran - just as the SAS worked with U.S. special forces to train the KLA in Kosovo, which was also an Al-Qaeda chapter having been financed directly by Bin Laden himself.

But in the world of newspeak and the lowest common denominator propaganda that cloaks the real agenda of the "war on terror", anyone who rises up against occupation, be it a kid who throws a rock in Baghdad or a car bombing on behalf of an increasingly Shiite-led insurgency, the natural enemies of the Sunni "Al-Qaeda," are terrorists and are Al-Qaeda members.

A cruel irony exists whereby anyone and everyone who opposes military occupation is smeared as an Al-Qaeda terrorist and yet the only real Al-Qaeda terrorists are being bankrolled, armed and directed by the CIA itself, with Bush's explicit approval.

Since President Bush didn't know the difference between Sunni & Shiite Muslims until two months before the invasion of Iraq and the incoming chairman of a congressional intelligence committee said Al Qaeda prominently came from the Shia branch of Islam, we can't hold out much hope for Joe Public and this is why the simplest propaganda is always the most effective.

They're the bad guys, we're the good guys - black and white with no shades of gray.

In reality, Al-Qaeda only exists within intelligence circles coordinated by the highest echelons of the U.S. government, and is being used yet again as a tool for destabilization in nations targeted for regime change by the Neo-Cons.

-----------------------------------------------------

Jundullah is not the only anti-Iranian terror group that US government has been accused of funding in an attempt to pressure the Iranian government.

Multiple credible individuals including US intelligence whistleblowers and former military personnel have asserted that the government is conducting covert military operations inside Iran using guerilla groups to carry out attacks on Iranian Revolution Guard units.

It is widely suspected that the well known right-wing terrorist organization known as Mujahedeen-e Khalq (MEK), once run by Saddam Hussein's dreaded intelligence services, is now working exclusively for the CIA's Directorate of Operations and carrying out remote bombings in Iran of the sort that the Bush administration condemns on a daily basis inside Iraq.

After a bombing inside Iran in March, the London Telegraph also reported on how a high ranking CIA official has blown the whistle on the fact that America is secretly funding terrorist groups in Iran in an attempt to pile pressure on the Islamic regime to give up its nuclear program.

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard