P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 25-02-04, 02:00 AM   #1
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

Default Who will be Kerry's V.P.? and Bush's

I see Hillary Clinton as VP for Kerry and Rudy G for W.

Attached Images

floydian slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-04, 03:35 PM   #2
span

http://www.bushrice04.org/
span is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-04, 03:47 PM   #3
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally posted by span
http://www.bushrice04.org/
yup, that idea has been kicked around for awhile...it's got obvious populist appeal, but is she ready for the bigtime? methinks not...like the rest of the administration. she seems to be in over her head with regards to Iraq.

besides, there is a pretty persistent buzz that she's gay....and we can't have that in a God-fearing Christian Republican administration, now can we?
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-04, 05:59 PM   #4
span

Quote:
Originally posted by theknife

besides, there is a pretty persistent buzz that she's gay....and we can't have that in a God-fearing Christian Republican administration, now can we?
yeah, is that "buzz" from Atrios or TPM?

protip: liberals fear a strong, black, conservative woman
Old 25-02-04, 11:42 PM   #5
scooobiedooobie

i don't think cheney will retire just yet, but if he does i'd love to see rice as vp. she's brilliant, articulate, and inspires confidence. although, with powell stepping down...rice could most likely be the next secretary of state.

if cheney retires, the open vp slot will have to be someone who could go up against hillary in 2008...i think that would be giuliani, possibly giuliani/rice.

as for kerry, he could choose gephardt. but, in the long run, kerry is going to choose who the masters that be tell him to choose. if it's kerry/hillary, and they win (god forbid) kerry better start sleeping with one eye open.
scooobiedooobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-04, 11:47 PM   #6
multi
Thanks for being with arse

rice wont get VP
the risk of something happening to the pres,would make her the first woman and first black president...they would never ever let that happen...

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-04, 10:25 AM   #7
JackSpratts

kerry/edwards.

seriously tho, outside the kerry camp (assuming he wins the nom) nobody really knows. the facts lean towards youth, to balance his age, and southerners, to appeal to non-northerners.

the nader thing complicates matters but edwards, should he want the position, would be logical choice, and a good set-up for 2012.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-04, 11:59 AM   #8
daddydirt
even the losers

if the poll numbers remain low, i can envision Cheney stepping down for "health" reasons. Rudy would be an excellent choice, still riding high from post 9/11 goodwill.

Kerry better think twice before picking Edwards, because i don't think he'll even carry his home state North Carolina.

in another close election, with Florida as a critical must-win state once again, Kerry would be wise to choose popular Florida Senator Bob Graham.
daddydirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-04, 12:09 PM   #9
Sinner
--------------------

Rudy needs to run for the Senate for NY in 2006. Get Mrs. Clinton out so then she can not run for President in 2008. Not that she would win anyhow but Why take a chance.
Old 26-02-04, 12:40 PM   #10
span

See Condi USED to be black. But the moment she became identified with conservatism, she became white in their eyes. That's because when it comes to minorities in general and blacks in particular, the left acts as if political views are transmitted genetically. If Condi Rice (who is pro-Affirmative Action despite what the cartoon implies) sounded like Ted Kennedy, reflexively opposed everything Republicans support, and referred to Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton as her "leader," her blackness would never be in question. But since she's going her own way and not following the Democratic Party line, she's an "oreo," a "race traitor," and someone who deserves to be racially vilified.

Condi, Thomas Sowell, Clarence Thomas, Armstrong Williams, Larry Elder, Jesse Lee Peterson, Walter Williams, Alan Keyes, Deroy Murdock, J.C. Watts and other black conservatives are a threat to the left. That's because they became popular and well liked in the conservative movement based on merit, not based on race. Their success is a continuing threat to the left, because it exposes the smears that liberals regularly hurl at conservatives on race for the lies that they are. That's why the left is willing to go to such lengths to try to discredit people like Condi & Colin Powell. Because the example that they provide is dangerous to the liberal stranglehold on the black vote and therefore to the left's political agenda....

RWN
Old 26-02-04, 01:46 PM   #11
JackSpratts

minorities voting for republicans are like turkeys voting for thanksgiving.

- js.
Old 26-02-04, 02:00 PM   #12
span

Quote:
Originally posted by JackSpratts
minorities voting for republicans are like turkeys voting for thanksgiving.

- js.
lol, i guess they better vote Nader then

Quote:
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/state/8040153.htm

MIAMI - U.S. Rep. Corrine Brown verbally attacked a top Bush administration official during a briefing on the Haiti crisis Wednesday, calling the President's policy on the beleaguered nation "racist" and his representatives "a bunch of white men."

Her outburst was directed at Assistant Secretary of State Roger Noriega during a closed-door meeting on Capitol Hill. Noriega, a Mexican-American, is the State Department's top official for Latin America.

"I think it was an emotional response of her frustration with the administration," said David Simon, a spokesman for the Jacksonville Democrat. He noted that Brown, who is black, is "very passionate about Haiti."

Brown sat directly across the table from Noriega and yelled into a microphone. Her comments sent a hush over the hourlong meeting, which was attended by about 30 people, including several members of Congress and Bush administration officials.

Noriega later told Brown: "As a Mexican-American, I deeply resent being called a racist and branded a white man," according to three participants.

Brown then told him "you all look alike to me," the participants said.
Old 27-02-04, 02:36 AM   #13
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

retire for health reasons is the excuse that will be used, but we all know that cheney is being brought down.

treason charges for outing valerie plame

the haliburton special interests

the secret energy meetings in 2001

his office being responsible for the misleading intelligence about the iraq wmd

perele is out now. all we need is for rummy and wolfie to resign and i will be happy to vote for bush.
Old 27-02-04, 02:40 AM   #14
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

as far as kerry, yes scoob his sleep will definately be needed to be cut in half. I agree dd, I would love to see bob graham as VP, hes been one of the few for accusing the white house about covering up 9/11 and stonewalling the investigation.
Old 27-02-04, 05:56 PM   #15
scooobiedooobie

Quote:
Originally posted by floydian slip
I would love to see bob graham as VP, hes been one of the few for accusing the white house about covering up 9/11 and stonewalling the investigation.
graham has been more than critical of bush, he's accused him of many things. he also said he wants bush impeached for leading america to war under false pretenses.

yet, graham has also made these statements:

Quote:
Bob Graham in 2002 - We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."

From a December 6, 2001 letter signed by Bob Graham, among others - "This December will mark three years since United Nations inspectors last visited Iraq. There is no doubt that since that time, Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to refine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer- range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies.

in addition:
Quote:
Graham voted against October’s congressional resolution giving President Bush authority to use military force against Iraq, arguing that the measure was “too timid.” He called for a broader resolution that would authorize Bush to wage war against five leading terrorist organizations, in addition to al-Qaida. In the prelude to the first Persian Gulf War in 1991, Graham was one of only 10 Senate Democrats to support the use-of-force resolution.
and:

Quote:
Sen. Graham Urges Possible Missile Attack on Syria:

In a sharp departure from the cautious stance adopted by most in his party, Democrat presidential hopeful Sen. Bob Graham is urging the Bush administration to consider launching a missile attack on Syria.

After a speech Saturday to Miami's Aventura Turnberry Jewish Center, Graham said that U.S. officials "ought to consider launching cruise missiles or another form of warfare on terrorist camps in Syria after giving Syria time to dismantle the camps," reported the Miami Herald.

seems cracker-boy just can't make up his mind on anything. he also was one of the primary authors of the patriot act, but he's also against it. yep...he'd be a good choice for kerry's vp, they could run as flip 'n flop.

now, as if haiti isn't in horrible enough shape, kerry wants bush to send graham there to "help". oh yeah...he'd be a big help.
scooobiedooobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-04, 10:37 AM   #16
Repo

The television talking heads keep bringing up the same names for vice president and oddly it is the name of former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani that always comes up as a replacement for Dick Cheney. The only way that will happen is if the Iraq occupation goes so bad or Bush's poll numbers go so bad that the only way out of the funk is a fresh face on the ticket; it could happen but I wouldn't count on it...

For the Democrats the name of Hillary Clinton is always brought up, usually by Republicans hoping for a gift from God. Senator Kerry would be foolish to put the former first lady on the ticket; nothing against her she is a fine senator and a smart lady. I like her but she would defeat the purpose. Democrats are united, they all can't stand Bush; even those that voted for Nader have fallen in line behind Kerry. Many Dems are still pissed off about the last election and many others are pissed about Iraq and even more don't like the right wing actions of Bush; at the same time many Republicans are lukewarm to Bush's big spending, budget busting, big government policies. That all translates to a massive Democratic turnout on Election Day, while some Republicans stay home stewing. Many in the National Guard and military are not exactly happy with their extended stays in Iraq and might swing over to the former Vietnam vet Kerry. Having Hillary on the ticket would motivate Republicans to vote and contribute even more money to the Bush campaign and quite possibly cost Kerry the election. The only person Hillary helps being on the ticket is Bush, so the Dems would be smart to forget Hillary, no offence to the good senator but forget her...

The name often touted by the media as a good number two on the ticket is John Edwards. Somehow winning the primary of his birth state makes him qualified, that and being from the South. The television talking heads stereotype southerners as dumb bigots, as if southerners aren't smart enough to understand the issues and only vote for one of their own kind. Generally I don't think southerners vote for southerners just because they are a southerner. I do think that if Kerry named a respected proven politician from a state that last voted for Bush as his VP, that politician might be able to carry his or her own state. Bob Graham may be able to carry Florida, John Breaux may be able carry Louisiana, Harold Ford Jr. may be able to carry Tennessee but since John Edwards has never attempted reelection in North Carolina it is anyone's guess whether he could actually carry the state, never mind the South...

People vote for the president not the vice president although in times of war and according to Bush the country is at war, even though the only bombs in the country have been on the WB Network but in times of war a vice president should be qualified to become president. Guys like Dan Quayle aren't up to being picked for the Democratic vice presidential nominee, the number two on the ticket should have gravitas, besides guys like Dan Quayle are already on the top of the Republican ticket. Wesley Clark has what it takes to be vice president; he has gravitas. If General Clark was the vice president and something happened to the president, America would feel pretty secure with the general in charge. At first I wasn't sold on the good general but he fits the Kerry campaign's 'Band of Brothers' brigade. In a time of war who better to be the number two than a retired general? Clark might help swing more of the military vote towards Kerry and he has that needed qualification, he is a southerner. A Vietnam vet and the former NATO Supreme Allied Commander, yea that's the winning ticket...
Repo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-04, 11:06 AM   #17
span

WASHINGTON - No. Yes. Probably not. Maybe.

Those were the wishy-washy answers yesterday from four top Democrats thought to be on John Kerry's short list of potential running mates.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...p-149526c.html
Old 10-03-04, 03:59 AM   #18
scooobiedooobie

'Scary John Kerry' lying to Americans?

Posted: March 10, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

On Monday, John Kerry shocked the reporters in attendance at a Florida fund-raiser when he declared to the audience that "I've met foreign leaders who can't go out and say this publicly, but boy they look at you and say, 'You've got to win, you've got to beat this guy, we need a new policy,' things like that."

CNN did a search of the available records of Kerry meetings over the course of his candidacy and could not find any meeting with any foreign leader. The generous want to credit possible phone calls, but look at Kerry's phrasing – he says he met with foreign leaders, and the leaders "look at you and say" stuff like what a godsend you are, John Kerry.

It seems clear to me that John Kerry made this up – is lying, in short. An Al Gore-like move eight months out. Why would he do such a stupid thing? After all, it is easily checked, and reporters were in the room.

My guess is this: John Kerry knows two things: The election will turn on the war, and on the war, John Kerry is incredibly weak, having flip-flopped and back-flopped and never stopped talking about it from every direction. He is to defense and national security what heterosexuals are to gender – blurring the lines and all things to all people.

And that's not going to fly in the election. Any more than his opposition to the first Gulf War, to the B-1 and B-2, the Aegis cruiser, the M1-Abrahms tank, the Patriot missile or all land-based missile-defense systems. John Kerry would be a disaster for the defense of the United States, and his record of weakness on these issues is long and detailed. Just Monday, in fact, President Bush highlighted Kerry's strange legislative proposition of 1995 calling for a $1.5 billion dollar cut in the funding of the intelligence agencies --a bill that failed to attract the support of even one other senator. Not even Boxer would sign on to that crazy proposal.

So Kerry knows his own record and knows his vulnerability. His response is to create out of whole cloth mythical "foreign leaders" who support his election. Like Harvey the Rabbit, John Kerry has Harvey the "foreign leader" whispering encouragement to him.

That's troubling. Very troubling, and the press doesn't quite know what to do with this odd duck from Massachusetts, but are reluctant to see him implode the week after locking up the nomination. So they aren't pressing very hard.

Here's a suggestion: Just track the "foreign leaders" story with half the energy you tracked the "yellowcake" story. That'll do.

Scary John Kerry. Next thing you know he'll be making up defective voting processes in Florida and hiring lawyers to stake out the Sunshine State.

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/articl...TICLE_ID=37514
Attached Images

Old 10-03-04, 05:44 AM   #19
span

John Kerry, according to a Reuters story that got a lot of attention yesterday, claims that foreign leaders are telling him that he's their preferred candidate:

"Kerry opened another front against Bush on Monday when he said foreign leaders have told him privately that they are eager for him to win. "They look at you and say, 'You've got to win this, you've got to beat this guy, we need a new policy,' things like that," he said in Florida, Reuters reported. Kerry declined to name those leaders."

That's because, as Hugh Hewitt notes, no one has been able to substantiate a recent meeting between John Kerry and any foreign leader. Since Kerry isn't elaborating, we can assume one of two things: either Kerry is lying, or Kerry is telling the truth.

Option 1: Kerry Lied -- If Kerry lied, then this is an egregious lie. It would be a lie designed to hide a particular weakness of Kerry's -- that his foreign-policy approach would leave the US weaker internationally by tying our ability to act to the whims of countries like France and Russia, two countries that made a fortune off of Iraqi kickbacks from the oil-for-food program. It demonstrates yet again Kerry's propensity for saying whatever he thinks will sell at the moment instead of standing for something and sticking with it. Like I posted earlier -- Clinton without the charm.

Option 2: Kerry Told the Truth -- If Kerry really is in clandestine communication with foreign leaders and discussing changes in American foreign policy under his proposed administration, then he is interfering with the foreign policy of the current administration, which may be an actionable offense, depending on the circumstances. It certainly would demonstrate his willingness to subordinate the country's security and interests to his own political ambitions. Nations currently negotiating on trade and security with the Bush administration would suddenly have incentives to stop, or to issue hard-line demands with no flexibility, assisting Kerry's election effort in order to get a better deal in 2005. Such contacts during presidential campaigns are so inappropriate that it's hard to believe Kerry bragged about them. That's why I'm betting on Option 1.

Kerry needs to answer for his statement and detail exactly what contacts he had and their nature so that we can understand what damage has been done to our foreign policy as a result. His failure to do so either demonstrates his lack of honesty or his avaricious pursuit of his ambitions above the national interest.

blogsforbush
Old 10-03-04, 10:43 AM   #20
JackSpratts

ooh ooh - foreign leaders spotted in washington! stop the presses!

wait wait - no need to overheat that brainpan - i have lots of hay in the back when you need more straw to grasp at.

i used to live in dc. you meet foriegn leaders there all the time. they're called "parties." they have 'em at embassies, concerts, charity events. kerry's been around for years. get real you dimwits.

- js.