P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 03-12-03, 08:07 AM   #1
tambourine-man
BANG BANG BANG (repeat as necessary)

Default Did you see this reported anywhere?

Widow's Bush Treason Suit Vanishes in Blink of Media Eye
by W. David Kubiak

"The decision 'not to do the story' appears to be multiplying all over the nation." -- Fred Powledge, ACLU
"Whoever said `no news is good news,' was BADLY misinformed." -- Dan Rather

Think you're already amazed, alarmed or appalled enough by the state of US journalism today? Chew on this a while and think again.

Grieving New Hampshire widow who lost her man on 9/11 refuses the government's million dollar hush money payoff, studies the facts of the day for nearly two years, and comes to believe the White House "intentionally allowed 9/11 to happen" to launch a so-called "War on Terrorism" for personal and political gain.

She retains a prominent lawyer, a former Deputy Attorney General of Pennsylvania, who served with distinction under both Democrats and Republicans and was once a strong candidate for the governor's seat...

Full court submissions (with 40-page prima facie evidence) available:
...here
...and here (open letters also available on this link)

"I did not authorise the leaking of the name of David Kelly. Nobody was authorised to name David Kelly. I believe we have acted properly throughout" Tony Blair - July 22, 2003
tambourine-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-03, 08:26 AM   #2
span

the media ignores crack-pot conspiracy theorists for a reason.
span is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-03, 08:35 AM   #3
honeybee
2 smokes, lets go.

Default Re: Did you see this reported anywhere?

Quote:
Originally posted by tambourine-man
[b] comes to believe the White House "intentionally allowed 9/11 to happen" to launch a so-called "War on Terrorism" for personal and political gain.

Thats just too much for me too believe. I'm sorry if I sound like a mis-informed American, but I dont believe our government would have it planned that well. I dont subscribe to conspiracy theories..it just sounds too much like a make believe movie plot.
honeybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-03, 10:09 AM   #4
tambourine-man

Question Re: Did you see this reported anywhere?

Quote:
Originally posted by honeybee
Thats just too much for me too believe. I'm sorry if I sound like a mis-informed American, but I dont believe our government would have it planned that well. I dont subscribe to conspiracy theories..it just sounds too much like a make believe movie plot.
Yeah, I know what you mean. It does sound like a Hollywood movie plot - but I guess hijacking four planes, flying two of them into two of New York's tallest buildings, and another into the Pentagon, kinda raised the bar on what could be considered impossible and what could be considered improbable.

Incidentally, I think they made a movie about a terrorist hijacking a plane and trying to crash it into the White House - I think it was called Executive Decision???? (dunno)???

As for 'conspiracy theories' - I tend to doubt many of them. I subscribe to the theory that the world's Government's are far too stupid to actually concoct (never mind keep secret) some of the plans they're alleged to have executed. What makes this a little different (if not interesting) is that we are being asked to believe that politicians are murderous, greedy, self-serving bastards that don't really give a toss about the people they're supposed to be serving - especially when it comes to lining their own pockets.

I suspect that therein lies the key: the impossible thing already happened on 11th September. The improbable thing - that elected officials chose to let it happen - probably won't be such a difficult 'next step' for some to take. I suppose that's why 'conspiracy theories' flourish - in a time with no real leaders, no real political pioneers, the cynical climate produces such 'theories'. Some will be right, others will be the bullshit that they stink of.

As for this one... I don't know. If you'd told me in August 2000 that terrorists would hijack planes and fly them into the WTC and the Pentagon, killing thousands of people, I'd have suspected that you were suffering from a mild form of psychosis (or that you were a Hollywood scriptwriter). If you were to tell me now that a number of Government officials, with vested interests, allowed such an act to happen... well, my cynicism barometer would have a hard time predicting what happened.

Bottom line: I'm not sure what weighs more - my general disbelief of 'conspiracy theories', or my mistrust of politicians. It seems they both get caught out lying.

"I did not authorise the leaking of the name of David Kelly. Nobody was authorised to name David Kelly. I believe we have acted properly throughout" Tony Blair - July 22, 2003
Old 03-12-03, 11:09 AM   #5
span

it was a Tom Clancy book, i can't remember the name but the plane was flown into a joint session of Congress, killing pretty much everyone including the prez and VP, Jack Ryan (aka Harrison Ford) then became president.

as for the crack-pots vs. evil politicians debate i think it would impossible to keep something like a conspiracy to kill 3000 Americans a secret considering the attention whoring in Washington when it comes to leaking damaging info.
Old 03-12-03, 12:53 PM   #6
RDixon

Default Re: Did you see this reported anywhere?

Quote:
the government's million dollar hush money payoff
That's quite a statement.
Any documentation to back up that claim?
I couldn't seem to find anything refering to any "hush money" in the link you provided. I didn't read it all so maybe you can point it out to me?
RDixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-03, 01:37 PM   #7
span

Default Re: Re: Did you see this reported anywhere?

Quote:
Originally posted by RDixon
I couldn't seem to find anything refering to any "hush money" in the link you provided. I didn't read it all so maybe you can point it out to me?
duuude it's HUSH money, he can't talk about it or the very laws of nature would come undone.
Old 03-12-03, 05:06 PM   #8
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

Quote:
Originally posted by span

as for the crack-pots vs. evil politicians debate i think it would impossible to keep something like a conspiracy to kill 3000 Americans a secret considering the attention whoring in Washington when it comes to leaking damaging info.
exactly, its not a secret anymore.

Remember my thread about GW talking about seeing the first plane crash into the WTC? He said it more than once.

http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/...ght=lying+liar

So if he did see the first plane crash, he had to know that is was going to happen, why else would he be watching the WTC. Then to go read a book to school children and be notified that the second plane crashed and he kept reading.
floydian slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-03, 05:53 PM   #9
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

But still, what if anything was this lady supposedly being paid to keep quiet? She didn't claim to have any damning evidence until two years after she refused the money.

It does sound like a movie plot to me, and not an original one either. In 'The Long Kiss Goodnight' the head of the CIA actually tries to fake a terrorist attack in order to trick the President into giving him more funding. But the twist this time around is that the President made the evil plot.

The fact that the media is ignoring this is not what interests me. What would interest me would be if the case actually went to court, which I really doubt it will.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-03, 08:03 PM   #10
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Default Re: Re: Re: Did you see this reported anywhere?

Quote:
duuude it's HUSH money, he can't talk about it or the very laws of nature would come undone.
now thats funny !

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-03, 08:30 PM   #11
JackSpratts

Quote:
it was a Tom Clancy book, i can't remember the name but the plane was flown into a joint session of Congress, killing pretty much everyone including the prez and VP, Jack Ryan (aka Harrison Ford) then became president.
i read that one - one of the last clancy books i got through. it had about 5 plots. the merger of iran/iraq to make the united islamic republic (uir). the illigitimacy of a ryan presidency, the mountain men, domestic right wing terrorists blowing up the capitol, "movie star" (foriegn terrorists) kidnaping ryan's kid and china and india hooking up with new uir to sink the us navy and distract them from the uir's evil plot to takeover the middle east. it's called "executive decision" and it's a typical clancy porkfest of 1400 feverish pages. hard to pick up - easier to put down. still it distracted me for a few nights.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-03, 04:55 AM   #12
tambourine-man

Default Re: Re: Did you see this reported anywhere?

Quote:
I think the author was being metaphorical with his word's "hush money". I believe he was referring to the Sept. 11 Victim Compensation Fund, "which aids family members of the people who died in the terrorist attacks. Payments to the families of victims have ranged from $250,000 to $6.6 million, with the average award being $1.6 million. Read more...

I doubt that this woman is the puritanical, truth-finding beacon of light that she's presented to be - I'm sure she'll gain in some manner. The interesting question will be whether, as Mazer said, the case gets to court. The point being that there are a number of accusations being made - some of them extreme (with the burdon on the plaintiff to prove guilt) - some of them less extreme (where prima facie evidence would put the burdon on the accused to prove innocence - not withstanding the 'innocent untill proven guilty' principle).
Quote:
Originally posted by Mazer
But the twist this time around is that the President made the evil plot.
As far as 'conspiracy theories' go (as I mentioned before), this one wisely stops short of suggesting that the Administration engineered or designed the attacks. Merely, that they knew of the existence of the attack, had prior warnings, but chose to allow/ignore them for political and personal gain. Either way, if just one of the accusations is upheld - well, I can't even imagine the firestorm.

Old 04-12-03, 05:05 AM   #13
kataboom

yeah, i agree with the negative on this one. the governments are too stupid to orchestrate that, too much leakage of info, & sounds like a movie. its also improbable aliens did it, but just cause it happened doesnt make the improbable any less improbable.
kataboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-03, 02:07 PM   #14
RDixon

Default Re: Re: Re: Did you see this reported anywhere?

Quote:
I think the author was being metaphorical with his word's "hush money". I believe he was referring to the Sept. 11 Victim Compensation Fund
I can only answer that with this:

It depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is. If the--if he--if "is" means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement.

It's all psychobabble to me...
RDixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-03, 05:13 PM   #15
ab-NORM-al
Dreaming of ULTIMATE p2p file sharing....yup yup!

i wouldn't put it past them/him at all!!

Bush = junkie! once a junkie, always a junkie

they'd rob their own mother if they 'had' to!

of course many here may not have heard some of the evidence or seen ALL the videos.....another from a different angle just popped up....and i can't tell you all i've seen....made me ill

the point that got to me was the last building to go down.......check into it, you'll be surprised...

there is a very solid underground on the subject with some pretty weighty evidence .....i'll find the link if i can.....a very good friend is quite active....too active IMO ...yeah, there's evil out there.....i don't participate

luv alla yuz
ab-NORM-al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-03, 04:35 AM   #16
tambourine-man

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Did you see this reported anywhere?

Quote:
It depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is. If the--if he--if "is" means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement.
I think Rumsfeld beat you to the award...
Plain English Foot in Mouth Award

Old 22-12-03, 07:53 AM   #17
tambourine-man

Exclamation I guess this is where the theories have their roots...

9/11 Chair: Attack Was Preventable

For the first time, the chairman of the independent commission investigating the Sept. 11 attacks is saying publicly that 9/11 could have and should have been prevented, reports CBS News Correspondent Randall Pinkston.

"This is a very, very important part of history and we've got to tell it right," said Thomas Kean.

"As you read the report, you're going to have a pretty clear idea what wasn't done and what should have been done," he said. "This was not something that had to happen."

Appointed by the Bush administration, Kean, a former Republican governor of New Jersey, is now pointing fingers inside the administration and laying blame....

Read More...

Old 22-12-03, 08:17 AM   #18
span

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Politics/...1218_2530.html

WASHINGTON Dec. 18 — The chairman of a federal commission looking into the Sept. 11 attacks said Thursday that mistakes over many years left the United States vulnerable to such an attack, but he resisted pinning blame on either of the last two presidential teams.

"We have no evidence that anybody high in the Clinton administration or the Bush administration did anything wrong," chairman Thomas Kean said in an interview with ABC's "Nightline" taped for airing Thursday night.
Old 22-12-03, 06:47 PM   #19
Nicobie

Default Holly shit batman

Quote:
Originally posted by ab-NORM-al
i wouldn't put it past them/him at all!!

Bush = junkie! once a junkie, always a junkie

they'd rob their own mother if they 'had' to!

of course many here may not have heard some of the evidence or seen ALL the videos.....another from a different angle just popped up....and i can't tell you all i've seen....made me ill

the point that got to me was the last building to go down.......check into it, you'll be surprised...

there is a very solid underground on the subject with some pretty weighty evidence .....i'll find the link if i can.....a very good friend is quite active....too active IMO ...yeah, there's evil out there.....i don't participate

If you truely believe what u've typed and are not now in a active violent state of revolt against the USA...

then i piss on you for being the chicken-shit you sound like.
Old 23-12-03, 06:02 AM   #20
tambourine-man

Default Commission troubles...

Condi and the 9/11 Commission
National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice is apparently not keen
on going under oath for the Kean 9/11 commission.
TIME Magazine - by TIMOTHY J. BURGER WASHINGTON

Saturday, Dec. 20, 2003

Poised to convene its first hard-hitting hearings in January, the federal commission investigating the 9/11 attacks continues to be at odds with the White House over access to key information and witnesses. Two government sources tell TIME that National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice is arguing over ground rules for her appearance in part because she does not want to testify under oath or, according to one source, in public. While national security advisers are presidential staff and generally don’t have to appear before Congress, the commission argues that its jurisdiction is broader—and it's been requiring fact witnesses in its massive investigation to testify under oath. The exception: it may not seek to swear in President Bush, Vice President Cheney, Bill Clinton or Al Gore in the increasingly likely event they will be asked to speak to the commission.
Read More...

Terrible really, how the 'Divine Right of Kings' seems to have diminished to just oath-exemption.