P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 23-01-04, 05:02 AM   #1
greedy_lars
everything you do

Default www.BillionairesForBush.com

yes thats right, go check em out.

www.BillionairesForBush.com

and for some nice videos, check out spans favs over at

www.bushin30seconds.org

for the finalists of the Bush in 30 seconds contest. the winners have been picked, my fav. dident make it. i like Imagine best.

and check this out

Ad Rejections by CBS Raise Policy Questions
By JIM RUTENBERG

Published: January 19, 2004

CBS has rejected Super Bowl advertisements from two groups, saying the ads violated its advocacy rules. At the same time, the network has in the past and could again accept spots from the White House's antidrug office, raising questions about what is acceptable and what is not, and why.

Last week, The Associated Press reported that CBS rejected an ad from the Democratic political group MoveOn.org. The ad uses images of children working at adult jobs to criticize the federal budget deficit. The network also rejected an ad prepared by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals that asserts that eating meat causes impotence.

Executives at CBS, which is owned by Viacom Inc., said that their policy originated in the 1950's and prohibited the showing of advertisements that took stands on controversial public-policy issues.

Although Wes Boyd, a founder of MoveOn.org, told The Associated Press that he had no evidence that the ad was rejected because it was anti-Bush, he said, "I worry that it's about ideology."

A spokeswoman for PETA, Lisa Lange, told The Associated Press that CBS's policy was inconsistent, because she had seen ads condemning smoking and drunken driving on past Super Bowl telecasts.

The MoveOn.org ads, said Martin D. Franks, an executive vice president of CBS News, took a stand on "matters of the public debate where there are discernible sides, and we don't want those who have deep pockets to have an undue influence on the debate. Pick an issue, Nafta, gun control, abortion."

Antidrug abuse or antismoking ads, on the other hand, he said, do not wade into such controversial waters. "If you can find somebody responsible who is for drug abuse," Mr. Franks said, "or someone responsible who is for teenagers seeking to smoke, then it would be a credible rebuttal of our policy. I don't know anybody who does."

Asked about last year's drug policy advertisement that linked drug sales to international terrorism, Mr. Franks said, "Is it an absolutely perfect system? Absolutely not. On the other hand, the MoveOn.org ad wasn't even close. I didn't need to rewind that one in the VCR."

nwt source

---------------------

so what then was the ad so objectionable that CBS would not air it? Childs Play, and it can be viewed at bushin30seconds.

to quote a genius, now start the conservative trolling.
greedy_lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-04, 05:19 AM   #2
span

some people have too much time on their hands, and by some people i mean whiny lefties.
span is offline   Reply With Quote