P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 16-12-01, 10:16 AM   #1
JackSpratts

Default Winmx Openap? Better Late...

i just found out that dave has finally updated trippymx after taking time off for university. the new servers version was released on 12/5 so it's already almost 2 wks out but it is so much fresher than the previous one it's well worth the d/l.
thanks dave!

(no word anywhere about winmx 3.0...probably not updating the client but thier liability insurance instead.)

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-01, 06:58 AM   #2
zombywoof

The TrippyMX servers list is a nice addon to WinMX. I would like to have seen winmx keep the search for opennap servers the way they used to, like audiognome still does, but since napster died, they stopped. The TrippyMX servers list is worth downloading.

Last edited by zombywoof : 27-12-01 at 07:13 AM.
zombywoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-02, 12:48 PM   #3
pgs92109
Senior Napsterite

Question

Is it possible to use both server lists within WinMX or do you have to choose between the trippymx list and the default Win MX list? Can you simultaneously use WPNP and the trippymx server list within WinMX?
pgs92109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-02, 12:57 PM   #4
JackSpratts

not sure about default servers working w/trippy pgs, but trippy with wpnp works great. just follow installation instructions and you'll be fine.

- js.
Old 19-01-02, 07:16 PM   #5
zombywoof

Quote:
Originally posted by pgs92109
Is it possible to use both server lists within WinMX or do you have to choose between the trippymx list and the default Win MX list? Can you simultaneously use WPNP and the trippymx server list within WinMX?
What I had noticed in WinMX later versions is that there were no opennap servers available, just the wpnp server connection until I downloaded the trippymx list. What I do is keep a copy of the servers list backed up so that I can always remove, download or replace nserver.dat a with a current list and if i want to go back to a specific file, I can download the list back to winmx anytime I choose. What I would do with the default nservers.dat list is just rename it or move it out of the winmx completely and back it up so I have a copy available if needed and replace it with the new nservers.dat file.
zombywoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-02, 07:54 PM   #6
pgs92109
Senior Napsterite

Lightbulb

JS and Oscar, thanks for the info. I'll try doing it that way. Oscar: I know you've been around here and the old Napster board for a long time, but how did you get >10,000 posts?!!!
pgs92109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-02, 07:55 PM   #7
BuzzB2K
Just another cat on the FastTrack...

Eek! Re: Winmx Openap? Better Late...

Quote:
Originally posted by JackSpratts
(no word anywhere about winmx 3.0...probably not updating the client but thier liability insurance instead.)

- js.

Anyone see this yet? I found it earlier today at Slyck

Where is WinMX 3.0...

Not much more then we allready know - Still waiting!!
BuzzB2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-02, 05:24 PM   #8
JohnDoe345
Who's really in control here? Help me...

Thanks Buzz for the link. It seems that you do a good job helping out no matter what forum you go to. I can't wait until version 3.0 comes out. Multi-sourced downloading is a major lacking feature of WinMX. The other added features/fixes aren't that bad either.
JohnDoe345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-02, 06:13 AM   #9
Jader
iniquitous

Default Re: Winmx Openap? Better Late...

Quote:
Originally posted by JackSpratts
They are holding out on us just so it can be made compatible with XP! Fer crissakes... I can't even get my PnP modem to work with XP (does diagnostics okay, won't pick up the line) so it's worthless to me anyways.

How long can this company maintain a "nearing completion" status? Does the remaining percentile grow exponentially? It really had *better* be the second coming of Haysus Kryst... this thing hasn't been touched since last May.

Ahhh what have I become? Guess I'm just used to the bi-monthly "beta updates" of Napster.
Jader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-02, 10:16 AM   #10
JackSpratts

Default Re: Re: Winmx Openap? Better Late...

Quote:
Originally posted by Jader
How long can this company maintain a "nearing completion" status? Does the remaining percentile grow exponentially? It really had *better* be the second coming of Haysus Kryst... this thing hasn't been touched since last May.
anyone remember that weekend when 6 winmx betas came out in 3 days? those guys were on it then. we'd count our testing in hours instead of weeks (now it's months) before a new one'd be released! that prog was really happening for a while.

different century.

- js.