P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 21-02-02, 05:11 PM   #1
indiana_jones
B2B Protagonist ... Life is ... Bubble to Bubble ... Beer to Beer ... love a VLAIBB (Very Lonesome Artificial Intelligence Brained Bubble) @ http://www.geocities.com/vlaibb vlaibb@yahoo.com

Default sig2dat 3.0.a - all inclusive tool for safe download

hi - what you all waited for - v 3.0.a is here

includes new funtionality: signature calculation

now uses the uuencoded hash string, which is also used for access from p2p (thanks to giFT project for that info)

use it and you will become a highly pleased user or M/K/G p2p services

indy
UUHash:=1LDYkHDl65OprVz37xN1VSo9b00=

Copy the lines above and use 'Paste from Clipboard' function of
sig2dat 3.11.a (supports quicklinks) to create a startfile for your FastTrack p2p client for safe download

indiana_jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-02, 06:02 PM   #2
napho
Dawn's private genie

Thumbs up

You guys are putting in alot of good work on Morph but I wonder how your labour will be affected when 2.0 comes out.
napho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-02, 12:41 AM   #3
indiana_jones
B2B Protagonist ... Life is ... Bubble to Bubble ... Beer to Beer ... love a VLAIBB (Very Lonesome Artificial Intelligence Brained Bubble) @ http://www.geocities.com/vlaibb vlaibb@yahoo.com

i don't really expect heavy changes in this matters - they didn't even change with the last update, otherwise the unix-clients couldn't be used anymore.

the only thing, that could really affect my work is, if they add a direct signature(hash) search function. but this would probably be the best, they could do. in this case i just learned a little about, how win32 api works and nothing much is lost for me either

btw. it's ready to use and waiting for comments - not much work will be done anymore.

indy

sig2dat 3.11.a (supports quicklinks) to create a startfile for your FastTrack p2p client for safe download

Old 22-02-02, 12:48 AM   #4
indiana_jones

btw. there is a file verification site for the e-donkey

http://www.sharereactor.com/

they also use a hash-value to identify the files.
its just not the same like for the MKG system.

indy

Old 22-02-02, 12:58 AM   #5
JackSpratts

excellent job indy when 2.0 comes out i'm sure you guys'll be the first out of the gate w/the new files!

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-02, 07:09 PM   #6
indiana_jones

some of you guys ('n gals) put a lot of work in downloading faked movies either and i don't think, this will change with version 2.0.
btw. i don't watch tv - so i have much time to play with win32 api
indy

Old 24-02-02, 04:30 AM   #7
Mowzer
'

Last edited by Mowzer : 23-06-02 at 09:19 PM.
Mowzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-02, 07:02 AM   #8
indiana_jones

thanks ethen,
since you tried it, how's about you starting.
just post a few lines of your favorite songs, movies, ebook or whatever here in this forum.

how's about a game, "guess the favorites of the other" , maybe the thing starts a bit, if it's not only me posting signatures.

indy

Old 25-02-02, 12:57 AM   #9
BuzzB2K
Just another cat on the FastTrack...

Quote:
Originally posted by indiana_jones
how's about a game, "guess the favorites of the other" , maybe the thing starts a bit, if it's not only me posting signatures.

indy
Hey Indy...

Your "Surprise" isn't a surprise anymore... I've d/l that song three times now...

But I guess the important thing is that it has worked all three times...
BuzzB2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-02, 01:27 AM   #10
indiana_jones

Quote:
Hey Indy ... Your "Surprise" isn't a surprise anymore... I've d/l that song three times now...
hey buzz,
thank you for your positive echo and sorry for the inconvenience. I took this song, because it gives a quick result for anybody, who wants to try the thing. (btw. its a nice song too )

Quote:
But I guess the important thing is that it has worked all three times...
another important thing were, that anybody here, who has a good quality rip of a song or an album ready or downloaded or a verfied movie at hand would post the data here. just to verify that it works also with anybody - not just with me it really takes just a minute to do that.
(it's rather boring for me, always to d/l my own mp3's )
indy

Old 25-02-02, 04:55 AM   #11
Mowzer
'

Last edited by Mowzer : 23-06-02 at 09:19 PM.
Old 25-02-02, 05:58 AM   #12
indiana_jones

thanks for the 1. try
this looks really funny. is it really 1.9 G Bytes?

but besides:
you should not take a
  • kazaadownloadyyyy.dat
because such a file could not be shared. It is not completely downloaded and therefore the UUHash cannot be calculated correctly - additionally it could be locked by the p2p client and not accessible for sig2dat.

the file, which signature you want to publish, should be a complete song or movie with appropriate extension like: mp3, mpg, avi or such things.

it is not essential that you share that file, but it should be somewhere accessible at the p2p net.
i would appreciate if you won't give up, but give it another try

indy

Old 25-02-02, 06:42 AM   #13
Mowzer
'

Last edited by Mowzer : 23-06-02 at 09:20 PM.
Old 25-02-02, 07:10 AM   #14
Mowzer
'

Question

Last edited by Mowzer : 23-06-02 at 09:21 PM.
Old 25-02-02, 07:18 AM   #15
Mowzer
'

Last edited by Mowzer : 23-06-02 at 09:22 PM.
Old 25-02-02, 07:53 AM   #16
indiana_jones

i think we can stand the spam - as soon as i'm at home i will try, in office i have no morpheus access.

concerning dbb2dat:
there is a difference. dbb2dat uses the data1024/256.dbb files to get the hash. but there are different drawbacks using this method; 1. the dbb files are locked when the client is running and its rather inconvenient if you have to stop a running traffic just for getting a signature. 2. the dbb file could contain different versions with the same filename even if they are already deleted, thus giving confusioning results if you not familiar with this.
furthermore its not updated to the new UUHash string. but you still can get it from http://www.geocities.com/vlaibb/dbb2dat - sig2dat still can process the "Signature:xx-xx..." string.

sig2dat calculates the signature standalone from a given file, not using the morpheus data base (therfore i called it "all inclusive") - the algorithm was taken from the giFT project.

indy

Old 25-02-02, 01:10 PM   #17
indiana_jones

Quote:
File:<Ruff Endz - No More.mp3>
Length:3905538Bytes
UUHash:=/zRopauHn8P7ac7EEJjcmQm945s=
@ethen - worked perfectly - almost immediately started download from 2 sources.
------
File:<Sade - Lovers Rock - 11 - Its Only Love That Gets You Through - r3mix - cx14b9.mp3>
Length:3686970Bytes
UUHash:=NkvbQQv9opGcupZdPFM/8aadWY8=
File:<Sade - Lovers Rock - 02 - Flow - r3mix - cx14b9.mp3>
Length:4643056Bytes
UUHash:=QvGlUa1jxPKI25HaAV9srsByZuI=
File:<Sade - Lovers Rock - 03 - King Of Sorrow - r3mix - cx14b9.mp3>
Length:5542885Bytes
UUHash:=xy17VTQCApkBQDMPWgqVEtvbrUE=
File:<Sade - Lovers Rock - 04 - Somebody Already Broke My Heart - r3mix - cx14b9.mp3>
Length:5530435Bytes
UUHash:=nluXhS6w8jiHABtHYsEpJD6AB88=
File:<Sade - Lovers Rock - 05 - All About Our Love - r3mix - cx14b9.mp3>
Length:2885259Bytes
UUHash:=i0JzVcIYMxW0/XaaOvnaI2lT94Y=
File:<Sade - Lovers Rock - 06 - Slave Song - r3mix - cx14b9.mp3>
Length:4696818Bytes
UUHash:=C/kglYWOdcQfGW1nZNAZKxE7fXU=
File:<Sade - Lovers Rock - 07 - The Sweetest Gift - r3mix - cx14b9.mp3>
Length:1980414Bytes
UUHash:=eNmUvsDKwxBVZPz+frOXdowaw0c=
File:<Sade - Lovers Rock - 08 - Every Word - r3mix - cx14b9.mp3>
Length:4475128Bytes
UUHash:=CB1c884xfTsaYRtmtdKqYzlGotw=
File:<Sade - Lovers Rock - 09 - Immigrant - r3mix - cx14b9.mp3>
Length:4438306Bytes
UUHash:=lZFGsu5DuTaA5VGzhbl3X+1cRiw=
File:<Sade - Lovers Rock - 10 - Lovers Rock - r3mix - cx14b9.mp3>
Length:4970258Bytes
UUHash:=9eYpzja6b+/NmWXg6KFvdidsK6M=
File:<Sade - Lovers Rock - 01 - By Your Side - r3mix - cx14b9.mp3>
Length:5379963Bytes
UUHash:=9sn0e94UKivti5IRATplzCXR8yo=
-------------

indy

Old 26-02-02, 01:20 AM   #18
Mowzer
'

Last edited by Mowzer : 23-06-02 at 09:23 PM.
Old 26-02-02, 02:27 AM   #19
Stoepsel
Waiting For The Night To Fall...

Quote:
Originally posted by Ethen
I am putting up a signature search page for movies, and one for music. I looked around, even the morph movie page, and nonbody has adapted the importance of signatures yet.
Hi Ethen,

JohnDoe345, the site owner, and I, one of the verifiers, are avid readers of this forum. So if people like you demand this feature often and loud enough , I'm sure JohnDoe can be persuaded to think about adding signatures in some way. Now that Indys sig2dat is so comfortable to use and can create signature files out of downloaded files without having to go to Morphs dbb files, you don't have to download your files using Morph. You can use any P2P client. I personally use iMesh most often because I don't lose downloads when it crashes (unlike with Morph).

Btw, iMesh can 'import' Morph's kazaadownload files. And I guess iMesh can also use the signature files that sig2dat creates. Have to give that a try today.
Quote:
I just want it where people can go to a page, enter in a movie name, and have the signature pop back up. simple and clean.
Since JohnDoe and the others of the Morpheus Info team don't have as much time on their hands as they would like, and probably lack the knowledge of doing a dynamically searchable database of movies (Morph Info is plainly a collection of static pages that JohnDoe updates manually), it will be hard for us to integrate something like that into Morph Info. But maybe you have some brilliant ideas? I could also imagine some sort of collaboration between the two sites, like us adding a 'Search for Signatures' that links to your database, or something.

I'll get into contact with JohnDoe about this and talk it through, that is if he doesn't read this first and adds some comments of his own.

Oh, and keep us informed about how you are getting along with your site. I'd be interested to see it work and how it works.

Stoepsel
Old 26-02-02, 03:25 AM   #20
JohnDoe345
Who's really in control here? Help me...

Ethan,

I admit that I haven't gotten around to Indy's new version of his sig2dat program due to a lack of free time, but I have downloaded and I'm currently talking with Indy on the Morpheus forum in the movies section. Talking to him here too will just mean that we both will be repeating ourselves.

Although, I have just recently downloaded Indy's new program I have already used his older versions and am fully aware of the benefit and potential of Indy's program. Basically, it has been a work in progress and I am waiting for Indy to work out all the bugs before using signature startfiles on my site. If you read the Morpheus forum section I mentioned above then you would know that there are still some problems with Indy's program. We need to wait until many of the bugs are worked out before introducing it to the mass public because most users will have a negative first impression of the program if it is bug prone. They might not want to try it again.

Indy knows how hard it is to get people to use a new program. He's been trying to get more people to use his program for awhile now, but users are still afraid or don't want to deal with it yet.

Also the comments that stoepsel have stated are true. (If you didn't know, stoepsel is one of the 3 volunteers helping me out with the site) His statement about not being able to do a complex database is true. I don't know enough about html to do something that advance. Also, I don't have enough free time to make the website more complex even if I knew how. If you are able to do this and are willing to create a website for it then we should definitely talk. I can easy link Morpheus Info to yours. As I have mentioned on the site, finding correct movies will be more effecient if everyone help out in some way. But we should really wait until most of the major bugs are fixed first.

Indy is doing a great job, and it's too bad that I don't have enough free time to help him progress this program further. I can talk on the forums at work but I can't work on the website or help test indy's programs until I'm done with work.

Last edited by JohnDoe345 : 26-02-02 at 03:36 AM.
JohnDoe345 is offline   Reply With Quote