P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 16-12-02, 08:24 PM   #1
JackSpratts

Default Wow!

call me amazed.

was poking around soulseek last night looking for some acid jazz. doing the usual. entering search terms then when something looked interesting doing user browse. found some stuff and started getting a few cd's at 50 kBs. nice. but wait. this guy seemed to have an awful lot of files. hmmm. too many to count even. way too many. so i hotlisted him and slid the page over to see his total.

he had 32,202 files! contained in hundreds of folders of mostly albums. not little jpgs mind you but hi-bit mp3s!

don't know about you but that's a record for me. i've never seen so many on a p2p. not even close. the gig figure is extraordinary, well over a hundred. closer to 170 gigs he's sharing. a credit to the cause this one, a true peer! an ultra peer! i pm’d him for a chat and to hand him the first annual jackspratts uberswapper trophy but he was set to away and after a while his speed dropped into the basement so i disconnected and went to bed in wonder.

but I’ll be back.

so maybe it's the holidays.

well then merry christmas baby.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-02, 11:12 PM   #2
ONEMANBANNED
Push "winky" ! Push!!!

Eek!

Quite possible you found the RIAA online database
ONEMANBANNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-02, 04:13 PM   #3
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Uberswapper

A Wolfenstein player, no doubt.

"Das ubserswapper - the super swapper."

Why is it that you never have a DS3 connection when you REALLY need one?

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-02, 11:40 PM   #4
Pacewon

I do remember seeing about 14000 shared files on Napster, but I couldn't tell you if they were full-size Mp3 songs, or maybe there were some sound effects or bullshit like that, because when I tried to explore, it would just freeze.... Good old Napster

ALLAH AKBAR on this
Pacewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-02, 03:28 AM   #5
Snarkridden
OpenNap Server Operator

Brows Big Sharers....

Js ,Said...

he had 32,202 files! contained in hundreds of folders of mostly albums. not little jpgs mind you but hi-bit mp3s!

Well Js, there is one on Filetopia that has over 40,000 files, all in album folders, each with JPG's of the covers. and text files describing the artists, instruments etc

That is well organised, something we all would (or should) emulate..

There are quite a few with well over 10,000, and at least six with over 20,000.

The Record for Pommienet, still stands at 6 users and 31,000 files
over 5000 file per user average, compared to 400-500 for other Opennap servers.

They are there, these big sharers... Pity you didn't have a nickname to post?

Snark..
Snarkridden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-02, 07:45 AM   #6
naz
-

as i understand it, slsk grew out of an IDM (ugh) mailing list, which could be the reason for the high quality of the folders shared ...

there was a consious effort to share high quality material at the beginning, which was propogated through the network when new users downloaded and shared the folders belonging to old users

its a pity more p2p communities don't have such high production values - I recently gave up entirely on fasttack because of the amount of pollution on the network. These days i use slsk for music and usenet for movies, appz and games. To hell with kazaa.
I’ve been a little down because today my doctor diagnosed me with John Travolta Syndrome. It’s a condition where your face or head grows laterally, getting wider year by year. It’s not so much of a problem and it’s nothing to be ashamed of, it’s just a condition. In fact mine is good because it means my brain is getting bigger too. But not that Travolta guy, his head is mostly fat. The doctors said I am much smarter than John Travolta and I believe them.
naz is offline   Reply With Quote