P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-05, 02:36 PM   #22
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Voluntary to join? yes
Voluntary in the event a short sighted president chooses to send you on an ill conceived and ill fated fools errand? hell no.
The President is short sighted? I have never seen him with glasses. Ill conceived and ill fated fools errand? Says who? You? If you join the army as a infantry soldier then you do and go where you are told as long as you are not violating any international laws which the USA is not, doesn’t what you think. I can not believe anyone would join the military thinking they will not be put in harms way at some point in their employment choice. It is not rational.

Quote:
Which terrorists are you talking about? Bush the terrorist? Blain the terrorist? Osama? Who?
None of the above – Who you ask, well how about Saleh Arugayan Kahlil and Bassim Mohammad Hazeem or even Abu Musab al Zarqawi.

Quote:
Dont bother trying to villify the Sunnis, most of them werent baathist, they have every reason to be concerned about their situation in a Shiite controlled government. The majority of Sunnis had nothing to do with the events you have tried to smear them with by association. So dont try to imply that "Sunnis" did anything.... individuals, some of whom were sunni did horrible things, it doesnt condemn them all.
Okay, allow me to rephrase my statement, Most of the Baath party were Sunni Arabs who murdered, raped, etc Kurds and Shia Arabs. Happy now? --Baath was impressed by the ability of al Qaeda to get young men to fight for free, and to carry out suicide attacks. Baath's Iraqi manpower was either former secret police and Republican Guard members, who were out of a job and fearful of retribution from the kin of their victims. If Baath provided some of that lost salary, these fellows were willing to carry on as before. Other Iraqis were willing to carry out tasks like planting roadside bombs and collecting information, for a fee. But the Baath Party plan for taking back power depended on uniting the Sunni Arab population behind them, and then somehow regaining control of the Kurdish and Shia Arab population. Baath quickly discovered that many Sunni Arabs wanted no part of the Baath Party, and were joining the new government police force and army. But Baath knew how to deal with this. Over decades, Baath, and especially their former leader, Saddam Hussein developed terror tactics that were very effective in controlling the population of Iraq. The Baath was largely a Sunni Arab party, and using these hard core members, threats were made to Sunni Arabs who were working for the new government. If threats didn't work, kidnapping and murder were used. Kidnap one member of a family, and you get the cooperation of the entire family, and often a ransom as well. Despite these efforts, the Sunni Arab police and army units continued to form. Many of these Sunni Arab police and troops fled when confronted by Baath and al Qaeda gunmen. The al Qaeda suicide bombing attacks on police stations and army bases were particularly terrifying. But still Sunni Arabs continued to resist backing Baath. ---

Quote:
Well said, another rose colored glass perspective. Face reality, the elections will be a sham. Without participation from the Sunnis, there is almost no chance of any government created to stand on its own. More like the French revolution than the American Rev.
So, first you say I am condemning all Sunni with my post and then in the same breath you do the same. HEY!! Just because some Sunnis refuse to participate in the elections doesn’t mean they all don’t, Don’t bother trying to vilify them by saying Sunnis don’t want a democracy and free elections.

Quote:
Which means either we either stand between them and get caught in the crossfire for another decade. Or we let them have at each other, and leave them in a situation that could easily become worse than it was under Saddam. In reality we cant leave, we cannot afford to relinquish control of the oil in such an undependable situation.
You are right, The USA is not going anywhere.

Quote:
As far as required military service? No way, but then again, it seems the Godlovers always enjoy war more than anything else.

Calling me a God Lover –I don’t believe in God, after-life, or any of that bull shit. The Church is a Business, and a good one, I just don’t buy their product.

Last edited by Sinner : 05-01-05 at 05:16 PM.
Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote