P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 29-10-02, 05:51 AM   #21
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Wink

Slyck reports that Kazaa has released a new version 2.0.1. The only novelty in this version seems to be the blocking of participation cheat programs.

- tg
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-02, 06:50 PM   #22
JackSpratts

leeches 1, kazaa 1 as a needless battle continues.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-02, 11:47 PM   #23
zombywoof

Don't install v2.01 and stay away from sharman versions.
zombywoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-02, 11:59 AM   #24
spstn
No Nonsense Nonsense

NoSmiley Looking Forward To Backwards

I'm still using KL 1.6? and still getting 400 to 550 hits on the rare occasion that I test it by looking for some popular "trash".

My only add-on is the latest Speed tool; the previous ones were lousy and mean to my system resources.

My upload throughput is badly over-capped (read less than promised) by my ISP, Bellsouth.

I have to allow no more than 2 up/slots so each gets some resemblance of decent speed 'tween 2-10 kb.

If I allow 3 or more slots everyone goes down to less than 1 kb. The reason ? it beats me.

So I do the sensible thing and keep it at 2. My d/ls ? fine: 150 to 224 metered kb, 30 d/l slots, and from time to time I get there.

So if I install KL 2.0, the cheating tool, increase u/l to unlimited and what happens?:

My d/ls fine as before. Uploads?: everyone is f@cked up, nice 0.002 kb "average".

Who is the brainless blockhead devising this solutions?

I'm already suffering the impact of this "tool". I've recognized user names that I've downloaded at decent speeds before, now nicely chugging along at 0.0something kb.

And not one but several.

First it was the speed tool, stressing the overhead traffic of the network, with scores of people searching more sources for 10 d/ls 1 sec interval, every ten secs. Useless and stupid at the same time.

Then either the tool got better (which it did in my case) or the novelty wore off, and things returned to some form of normalcy.
For a while.

And now this.

It looks to me that everyone wants to make a meal out of a platter that has only crumbs on it.

After all 56krs, and badly c(r)apped DSL & Cable users have so much bandwith to spare, and at this pace we all are gonna end sharing overhead traffic and little else.

Everyone is so bent on taking some form of advantage that it seems that they are loosing sight of the ball, and the fact that the game is share files, and the least internal network traffic as possible, to begin with.

As much as I hate it, this time I'm gonna take out the first nonsense from my profile.

spstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-02, 07:43 AM   #25
RIAAEnemy#1
Apprentice Napsterite and Music worshipper

I tried it once and noticed it was worthless, I share when I'm not downloading, I'm on 56k
I am always l00king for a g00d music review/music community(f0rum),
If y0u kn0w 0ne, PLEASE pm me a link.
RIAAEnemy#1 is offline   Reply With Quote