P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-06-02, 07:02 PM   #1
butterfly_kisses
Napsterite

NoSmiley ultimate evil?

this was first brought to my attention by a 3l33+0r (eliter) in the filesharing world and also a "guardian of the net"

by now I hope most of you are aware of the new threat:

viruses in jpg images of all things

if you aren't please read the link to this article provided for you enlightenment...

I've known about hiding things in bitmaps and images for quite sometime as i have been a frequent peruser of Fravia's website (for netlore and reverser's)...

we'll I've discovered KaZaA uses some type of hidden dll inside on of its image icon's...i don't as of yet know what its purpose is...it has a really weird name...looks like its written in Swedish

maybe no one needs any more warnings about kazaa...but i have to expose a few things i've noted just for the sake of conscience...hopefully others can investigate these things for themselves and be able to tell us more about them...

aside from the hidden dll inside of the kazaa icon....

i've noticed that KaZaA affects something called Streaming MRU in your window's registry....something to do with Internet explorer's settings...I think this is one way that the data in your registry can get "manipulated" or switched on and off by kazaa...

I'll post more on this...enough to provide the RIAA with plenty of fuel to shut them down for good if they so desire by showing how they control the network and what they use to do it.

This will probably be my last effort in educating the public on the client known as kazaa...it was good but its now so untrustworthy i'm afraid to use it.

-Hby
butterfly_kisses is offline   Reply With Quote