P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 01-03-08, 05:06 AM   #21
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

Stop picking on Albed.

If you carry on, he'll only run off into the woods to play with the insects.
Old 01-03-08, 06:46 AM   #22
RDixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by malvachat View Post
Stop picking on Albed.

If you carry on, he'll only run off into the woods to play with the insects.
Old 02-03-08, 02:08 PM   #23
jcmd62
Alpha Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by tafkaMr.E View Post
Odd. It's always seemed to me that the death sentence is a bit of a let off for the criminal really.
Let off?????Really.......You do realize that people covicted of "MURDER" can receive sentences as light as 5 years? The "death penalty" isn't handed out like lollipops at the bank. It is usually only handed down to habitual violent criminals whos prior prison terms obviosly didn't "bother" them enough to stop them from committing further violence. Others that receive the death penalty are ones who commit extremely heinous and brutal crimes against both adults and CHILDREN, usually multiple times before they are caught.

People that can repeatedly rape and murder without remorse lack the conscience required for their acts to have any "negative" mental effect whatsoever on them "for the rest of their lives". The only negative effects these people will experience is being caught. Their acts don't bother them walking the streets and they aren't going to bother them in prison.

Furthermore you seem to be clueless to the fact that our prisons are full of violent rapists and murderers who received "life sentences". When you get "life" you are not segregated from the prisons "general population" like you are when you receive "death", and are rubbing elbows everyday with inmates convicted of non violent crimes like drug possesion. It is a proven fact that a majority of these extremely violent criminals "get off" sexually by "reliving" and "fantasizing" the murders and rapes of their victims, not just with masturbation but also by having sex with and even raping other inmates.

Execution is final.......hardly a "let off". The real "let off" is life in prison. 3 meals a day, having a television in your cell, internet access, visits from family, having everything that you took from your victims and their families. The only thing "lifers" lose is their freedom.

Quote:
OK, it's a scary arsed prospect knowing that you are going to die but jeeze,
Scary??? You sound like your talking about an amusement park ride. I'm pretty sure being strapped to a table knowing your life is about to end is a little more intense than scary.

Quote:
if it was me and I had a choice between spending every day between now and the day I die behind bars or putting an end to it all I know which i'd prefer. That said I can't say for sure I'd have the guts to go through with it when faced with an actual real choice.
BULLSHIT!.....easily said being that your not strapped to a table and about to DIE! How are you so sure "which you'd prefer" if you aren't even "sure you'd have the guts to go through with it" ? ........you aren't and you wouldn't.

Quote:
Also. I'm 100% certain that if anybody murdered somebody I love I would want them to rot in jail for the rest of their lives and live with what they had done.
100%....Even knowing that the person has no remorse or lacks any conscience about murdering your loved one. Will spend the rest of his life watching TV, using the internet, playing basketball with his homies, getting visits from his loved ones and even fantasizing and reliving the murder or rape of your loved one to sexually gratify himself? I'm quite certain that you haven't had a loved one murdered and that should it happen, that percentage of certainty you so boldly threw out would start dwindling fast.

Quote:
As for the death sentence being a deterent. Murder is very often not a considered act carried out by someone who is thinking about the consequences.
Once again you are either completely clueless or you just conveniently choose to ignore the fact that murder is very often not carried out by someone having the human conscience required for their acts to negativly effect or "bother" them mentally. Yes as painful of a realization as it may be for you a very large percentage of violent human beings can dismiss murder or rape from their minds as easily as what they ate for breakfast.

Do you really believe that most murderers are tossing and turning every night unable to sleep because they are tormented by what they have done????????
.....jeeze

The scumbag being executed is most definately being "deterred" from further acts of violence. Life imprisonment definately doesn't deter others and allows the convicted to continue his violence in prison. Then there is always the chance that some idiot governer running for re-election can commute a life without parole sentence to life with parole so we can parole yet another covicted murderer to go out and murder again.

Bottom line is there are thousands more convicted murderers in our prisons and paroled walking the streets of this country free than have been executed.

I don't buy into that politically correct load of crap that the death penalty is supposed to be a deterrent. It is punishment pure and simple. I think its quite obvious that our legal system waits until it is well past warranted before they finally sentence someone to death. Way too many innocent people have died at the hands of previously convicted violent criminals.
jcmd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-08, 10:49 PM   #24
RDixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmd62 View Post
Let off?????Really.......You do realize that people covicted of "MURDER" can receive sentences as light as 5 years? The "death penalty" isn't handed out like lollipops at the bank. It is usually only handed down to habitual violent criminals whos prior prison terms obviosly didn't "bother" them enough to stop them from committing further violence. Others that receive the death penalty are ones who commit extremely heinous and brutal crimes against both adults and CHILDREN, usually multiple times before they are caught.

People that can repeatedly rape and murder without remorse lack the conscience required for their acts to have any "negative" mental effect whatsoever on them "for the rest of their lives". The only negative effects these people will experience is being caught. Their acts don't bother them walking the streets and they aren't going to bother them in prison.

Furthermore you seem to be clueless to the fact that our prisons are full of violent rapists and murderers who received "life sentences". When you get "life" you are not segregated from the prisons "general population" like you are when you receive "death", and are rubbing elbows everyday with inmates convicted of non violent crimes like drug possesion. It is a proven fact that a majority of these extremely violent criminals "get off" sexually by "reliving" and "fantasizing" the murders and rapes of their victims, not just with masturbation but also by having sex with and even raping other inmates.

Execution is final.......hardly a "let off". The real "let off" is life in prison. 3 meals a day, having a television in your cell, internet access, visits from family, having everything that you took from your victims and their families. The only thing "lifers" lose is their freedom.

Scary??? You sound like your talking about an amusement park ride. I'm pretty sure being strapped to a table knowing your life is about to end is a little more intense than scary.

BULLSHIT!.....easily said being that your not strapped to a table and about to DIE! How are you so sure "which you'd prefer" if you aren't even "sure you'd have the guts to go through with it" ? ........you aren't and you wouldn't.

100%....Even knowing that the person has no remorse or lacks any conscience about murdering your loved one. Will spend the rest of his life watching TV, using the internet, playing basketball with his homies, getting visits from his loved ones and even fantasizing and reliving the murder or rape of your loved one to sexually gratify himself? I'm quite certain that you haven't had a loved one murdered and that should it happen, that percentage of certainty you so boldly threw out would start dwindling fast.

Once again you are either completely clueless or you just conveniently choose to ignore the fact that murder is very often not carried out by someone having the human conscience required for their acts to negativly effect or "bother" them mentally. Yes as painful of a realization as it may be for you a very large percentage of violent human beings can dismiss murder or rape from their minds as easily as what they ate for breakfast.

Do you really believe that most murderers are tossing and turning every night unable to sleep because they are tormented by what they have done????????
.....jeeze

The scumbag being executed is most definately being "deterred" from further acts of violence. Life imprisonment definately doesn't deter others and allows the convicted to continue his violence in prison. Then there is always the chance that some idiot governer running for re-election can commute a life without parole sentence to life with parole so we can parole yet another covicted murderer to go out and murder again.

Bottom line is there are thousands more convicted murderers in our prisons and paroled walking the streets of this country free than have been executed.

I don't buy into that politically correct load of crap that the death penalty is supposed to be a deterrent. It is punishment pure and simple. I think its quite obvious that our legal system waits until it is well past warranted before they finally sentence someone to death. Way too many innocent people have died at the hands of previously convicted violent criminals.
That sure is a lot of words used to say nothing.

You practicing to be a politician?

"What if there were no rhetorical questions?"
Old 03-03-08, 09:13 AM   #25
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmd61
I don't buy into that politically correct load of crap that the death penalty is supposed to be a deterrent.
Amazingly, in spite of your usual shrill hatefulness, the apparent belief that you are omniscient and the absurd pretense that your arguments are based on 'proven facts,' on the particular point above I'm in complete agreement.

I'm completely ambivalent about capital punishment itself--however, I call it what it is: punishment--and clearly not a 'deterrent' except in the so-called minds of fools. (Like albed, who apparently believes anything he partially reads is 'formal proof.' lol)

Quote:
Record Number of Americans in Prison
By DAVID CRARY, AP Posted: 2008-02-28 22:20:03

NEW YORK - For the first time in U.S. history, more than one of every 100 adults is in jail or prison, according to a new report documenting America's rank as the world's No. 1 incarcerator. It urges states to curtail corrections spending by placing fewer low-risk offenders behind bars.

Using state-by-state data, the report says 2,319,258 Americans were in jail or prison at the start of 2008 — one out of every 99.1 adults. Whether per capita or in raw numbers, it's more than any other nation.

The report, released Thursday by the Pew Center on the States, said the 50 states spent more than $49 billion on corrections last year, up from less than $11 billion 20 years earlier. The rate of increase for prison costs was six times greater than for higher education spending, the report said.

The steadily growing inmate population "is saddling cash-strapped states with soaring costs they can ill afford and failing to have a clear impact either on recidivism or overall crime," the report said.

The report said the United States incarcerates more people than any other nation, far ahead of more populous China with 1.5 million people behind bars. It said the U.S. also is the leader in inmates per capita (750 per 100,000 people), ahead of Russia (628 per 100,000) and other former Soviet bloc nations which round out the Top 10.

The U.S. also is among the world leaders in capital punishment. According to Amnesty International, its 53 executions in 2006 were exceeded only by China, Iran, Pakistan, Iraq and Sudan.
All punishments are 'supposed' to be deterrents, from jail time for possession of illegal drugs to fines for traffic violations. The problem is they only 'work' on those willing to conform completely and homogeneously to a code of conduct--and this is almost no one. As simply as possible, you cannot judge what will be a deterrent in a world where people have widely divergent values.

Also, according to the FBI, in 2004 only 62% of all homicides were 'cleared,' and in some individual cities this number is as low as 40%. This means, according to best estimates, that over 6000 people 'got away with' at least one murder in 2004. Generally, if someone is going to premeditate committing a homicide, they are laboring under the pretense that they will get away with it or at least have a chance of doing so, and statistically they do have a fair shot at succeeding. If people are willing to gamble with these odds in spite of the fact that there already is a death penalty in most states, it becomes clear that it being a 'deterrent' is fantasy.
Ramona_A_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-08, 10:35 AM   #26
albed
flippin 'em off

Even single celled organisms are easily deterred with electric shocks or noxious chemicals, though like Ramona, they can't understand why they're altering their behaviour.

More advanced organisms are capable of weighing the rewards and penalities for their actions and deciding accordingly, though a small percentage of warped individuals will have contrary values and perhaps view a prison full of sexually deprived men or even death as an incentive instead of a punishment, most will rationally consider potentially unpleasant consequences when doing almost anything in their lives and adjust their behaviour, as even the most casual observations demonstrate.
Old 03-03-08, 10:44 AM   #27
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
Even single celled organisms are easily deterred with electric shocks
Well, there's your problem. I know it's hard for your single brain cell to grasp, but most people in the world have more than one.
Old 04-03-08, 04:46 PM   #28
jcmd62
Alpha Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDixon View Post
That sure is a lot of words used to say nothing.
Lol.......Nothing........You remind me of a child with his fingers in his ears so he hears "nothing".

It said enough for you to quote it. Your childish conclusion only proves that reading and comprehension are beyond your level of intelligence.

2 words........."Ignore List". This feature is perfect for idiots like you. Its just like putting your fingers in your ears.
Old 05-03-08, 01:11 PM   #29
RDixon

Quote:
Lol.......Nothing........You remind me of a child with his fingers in his ears so he hears "nothing".

It said enough for you to quote it. Your childish conclusion only proves that reading and comprehension are beyond your level of intelligence.

2 words........."Ignore List". This feature is perfect for idiots like you. Its just like putting your fingers in your ears.
Yes.
Nothing, nada, zilch, etc....

Here, have a beer and stop trying to be what you aren't.
Old 05-03-08, 01:48 PM   #30
albed
flippin 'em off

Yeah jc, do you think you're some gifted special education teacher or something?

You couldn't teach a retard to drool, right dix?
Old 06-03-08, 12:12 AM   #31
RDixon

Stop drooling albed.
Oh, wait; that isn't drool....
Nevermind...
Old 06-03-08, 03:03 AM   #32
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

Quote:
Stop drooling albed.
Oh, wait; that isn't drool....
Nevermind...
Now that is funny.
Old 06-03-08, 12:35 PM   #33
albed
flippin 'em off

Your fantasy life is disturbing indeed. You and Ramona should hook up.
Old 07-03-08, 03:58 AM   #34
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

Old 07-03-08, 06:49 PM   #35
RDixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed View Post
Your fantasy life is disturbing indeed. You and Ramona should hook up.
Oh come on now.
You have to admit.
That one was funny.
Old 08-03-08, 07:34 AM   #36
albed
flippin 'em off

It was funny when jc made good points, showed tafka to be clueless moron, and then a real attention starved idiot jumped in with "waa waa waa, you're not saying anything."
Old 08-03-08, 08:18 AM   #37
RDixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed View Post
It was funny when jc made good points, showed tafka to be clueless moron, and then a real attention starved idiot jumped in with "waa waa waa, you're not saying anything."
You just have 0 sense of humor.
I hereby bestow upon you a potion of +12 humor.
Pay no attention to the bitter taste.
Drink up.
It's not poison; I promise.
Old 10-03-08, 04:30 PM   #38
jcmd62
Alpha Male

Quote:
You just have 0 sense of humor.
Thats amusing...............

...because its impossible to reply to your whiny ass posts without one.
Old 10-03-08, 05:44 PM   #39
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

I Know You Are But What Am I?
Attached Images

Old 10-03-08, 07:25 PM   #40
RDixon

Quote:
Thats amusing...............

...because its impossible to reply to your whiny ass posts without one.
Sorry...
But, from way up here on the "high" road, your words look like ants.

Which reminds me.

Has anyone seen my magnifying glass?