P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 01-03-07, 09:04 AM   #41
RDixon

That pic would be funnier if there was a manbearpig in it.
RDixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-07, 09:43 AM   #42
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GoreExplainsGlobal WarmingToMidwest.jpg
Views:	984
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	12695  

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-07, 08:09 AM   #43
vernarial
The Fungus Among Us

Quote:
Keep on keeping on if it make you happy, but only industrial sized changes are going to make a difference.
That is too true, Mazer. Sadly it is alot harder to get any changes in industrial and commercial energy usage and pollution. Believe me I try to. I send letters to my reps all the time concerning environmental issues.

It's only a mile and a half, Albed. I don't expect everyone to make the same changes, but everyone can make some small changes.
P2P Consortium
vernarial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-07, 09:01 AM   #44
albed
flippin 'em off

Heck everyone should make that change just to reduce the internal engine corrosion short distance driving causes.

If you want to stop industrial pollution boycott their products.

There are plenty of pollution control laws already and if you know some are being broken then you have a basis for a lawsuit.

If you expect a government representative to do something without giving him money or gathering numerous supporters you're wasting your time.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-07, 03:05 AM   #45
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed View Post
in fucking deed!

and those pics drak posted are hillaryarious. lol
floydian slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-07, 10:41 PM   #46
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

You folks in the U.K. better start preparing yourselves for the big "Global Warming Tax Pingo"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-07, 05:57 PM   #47
albed
flippin 'em off

Ah, a fine day of xc-skiing two days before spring. I want a refund on my global warming tax.

Still Waiting For Greenhouse (A Lukewarm View Of Global Warming)
Old 26-03-07, 02:56 PM   #48
romanticguy50
LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT

Glad To Here It

Also Post At ZeroPaid
P2P Consortium and Slyck
romanticguy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-07, 11:34 PM   #49
vernarial
The Fungus Among Us

Quote:
Ah, a fine day of xc-skiing two days before spring. I want a refund on my global warming tax.
Here they are closing the resorts early. I'm not saying it's because global warming, but this is the warmest year I remember. The globe must be warmer(at least in my area) this year.
P2P Consortium
vernarial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-07, 11:51 AM   #50
albed
flippin 'em off

Damn, lower 80's today. The weather sure is changing fast now. Better hurry and get the air conditioner in the window.
Old 27-03-07, 06:28 PM   #51
albed
flippin 'em off

Even the liberal mass media gave a brief squawk about the criticism of Al Gore's energy gluttony. But they wouldn't even make a peep about another public figures energy consumption.

http://www.canadafreepress.com/2007/...ming022807.htm
Quote:
The 4,000-square-foot house is a model of environmental rectitude.

Geothermal heat pumps located in a central closet circulate water through pipes buried 300 feet deep in the ground where the temperature is a constant 67 degrees; the water heats the house in the winter and cools it in the summer. Systems such as the one in this "eco-friendly" dwelling use about 25% of the electricity that traditional heating and cooling systems utilize.

A 25,000-gallon underground cistern collects rainwater gathered from roof runs; wastewater from sinks, toilets and showers goes into underground purifying tanks and is also funneled into the cistern. The water from the cistern is used to irrigate the landscaping surrounding the four-bedroom home. Plants and flowers native to the high prairie area blend the structure into the surrounding ecosystem.

No, this is not the home of some eccentrically wealthy eco-freak trying to shame his fellow citizens into following the pristineness of his self-righteous example. And no, it is not the wilderness retreat of the Sierra Club or the Natural Resources Defense Council, a haven where tree-huggers plot political strategy.

This is President George W. Bush's "Texas White House" outside the small town of Crawford.

partial reprint from the Chicago Tribune from April 29, 2001.
Old 08-04-07, 01:16 AM   #52
RDixon

You can't argue with science.
Attached Images

RDixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-07, 09:03 AM   #53
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

It's Easter and it's snowing like it's Christmas. Temperatures in Hawaii have reached record lows. How does that figure?

Surely, the world must be coming to an end.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-07, 04:47 PM   #54
albed
flippin 'em off

Yeah we got a couple inches of snow here in PA. The global warming dimwits will just have to keep quiet until a heat wave hits or get the derisive laughter they deserve.
Old 17-04-07, 06:35 AM   #55
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernarial View Post
Here they are closing the resorts early. I'm not saying it's because global warming, but this is the warmest year I remember. The globe must be warmer(at least in my area) this year.
How's the "warmer" in your area now?

About 20*F colder than normal for the last 2 weeks where I live. I'm not saying it's because of global cooling but this is the coldest spring I remember.

I used to look forward to global warming ending winter earlier but it's not working out.
Old 17-04-07, 01:37 PM   #56
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

The weather guys all predicted a foot of snow for Friday last week. We didn't get any. Then they predicted rain all day yesterday and this morning. It didn't start raining until after midnight and we got a total of half an inch at my house. I'm not saying meteorologists are any worse than astrologers at predicting the weather but... Oh wait, yes I am.

Last edited by Mazer : 17-04-07 at 04:37 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 17-04-07, 01:41 PM   #57
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
It's Easter and it's snowing like it's Christmas. Temperatures in Hawaii have reached record lows. How does that figure?
Quote:
About 20*F colder than normal for the last 2 weeks where I live. I'm not saying it's because of global cooling but this is the coldest spring I remember.
Funny that it just appears as a testament to your self-centered short-sightedness and a willful ignorance about what the effects of global warming could actually be to argue it based on local cold weather.

Hello. Global Warming 101. Enough cold fresh water flowing into the North Atlantic (a basic ramification of global warming) could cause changes in the gulf stream and other ocean currents which keep North America and Europe relatively warm and would lead to a disruption of weather patterns and, ultimately, the seasons themselves. Global warming would actually mean freakish weather and an increasingly cold climate.

You might try to grasp this basic concept before pretending to be incredulous experts.
Ramona_A_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-07, 02:50 PM   #58
Sinner
--------------------

NASA researchers used computer simulation models to analyze observed temperature changes on Mars over time.The model showed that the surface temperature of Mars has increased by about 1.17 degrees Fahrenheit over two decades. Mars’ southern polar ice caps are melting.

I think it is Bush's fault. Maybe there is a chance it is Al Gore's since he uses 20 times more energy then the average American.
Old 17-04-07, 03:13 PM   #59
albed
flippin 'em off

Wow, observing the weather makes people "incredulous experts" to Ramona!

I always laughed when I read or heard the global warming proselytizers try to convince people that colder weather might be caused by....global warming. How weak minded do people have to be to believe that?

About as much as Ramona apparently.

They've got it all covered: drought-global warming, floods-global warming, heat wave-global warming, and now; cold wave-global warming. Just a test of faith and the willingness to mindlessly accept the dogma.

Ramona passes.
Old 17-04-07, 04:33 PM   #60
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramona_A_Stone View Post
Funny that it just appears as a testament to your self-centered short-sightedness and a willful ignorance about what the effects of global warming could actually be to argue it based on local cold weather.

Hello. Global Warming 101. Enough cold fresh water flowing into the North Atlantic (a basic ramification of global warming) could cause changes in the gulf stream and other ocean currents which keep North America and Europe relatively warm and would lead to a disruption of weather patterns and, ultimately, the seasons themselves. Global warming would actually mean freakish weather and an increasingly cold climate.

You might try to grasp this basic concept before pretending to be incredulous experts.
I'm well aware of the thermohaline cycle and the effects of global warming upon it, and I can explain it much better than Al Gore did in his documentary; his explanation was overly simplistic. (Lord, I hope you're not basing your explanation on that Roland Emmerich movie. ) You're mistaking informed skepticism on my part (and maybe albed's) for willful ignorance. Are you doing it on purpose? It's true I'm known to shoot from the hip when I don't have all the information, but do you actually believe that I've consciously chosen to avoid the available data on global warming? You know better than to make that assumption.

My own observations of local weather, though circumstantial, are valid: they highlight the inability of computer models to accurately predict precipitation and cloud cover more than a week in advance. The main concern over global warming stems from anticipated changes to the hydrologic cycle, mainly the various positive and negative feedback loops that occur when increased temperatures accelerate ocean surface evaporation. Water vapor, depending on what phase it takes on in the air, is either the most potent greenhouse gas or the best sunlight deflector on Earth. As water vapor concentrations increase, the greenhouse effect will strengthen while the amount of sunlight reaching the earth decreases. So far it is unknown whether these two effects will cancel each other out and to what degree, and computer models are of no help because they're terrible at simulating the hydrologic cycle.

The models that meteorologists use to predict local weather are related to the models climatologists use to predict regional and global climate change, and they suffer the same limitations. You can tell that a particular global climate model is deeply flawed when it inaccurately predicts precipitation rates around the world, and most of today's models do not agree with actual observations, let alone each other. Though climate models are becoming more complex and more accurate every year, they still cannot reliably predict changes to our climate more than a few years in advance.

It isn't global warming I'm skeptical of, it's the idea that policy should be based on the results of these flawed climate models. Reducing carbon emissions isn't as easy as screwing in a compact fluorescent light bulb, you know. The AGW alarmists would have us all make drastic changes to our lifestyles and keep developing nations living in the stone age.

Last edited by Mazer : 17-04-07 at 04:44 PM.