P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 07-08-05, 09:22 AM   #21
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingLink
How the hell can you feel safe when airplanes are flying overhead, how can you feel safe while trains filled with nuclear waste or toxic chemicals are being driven through your state?
I can feel safe because there aren't a lot of sick minds running around where I live. If you missed the gist of my post it was mostly about getting rid of them so you can be safe. If you're afraid of them getting guns why aren't you afraid of them burning your house or running you over? Some of the really nasty ones throw acid on people now. But all you seem to think about are guns.

Quote:
How on earth CAN a gun protect you from an idiot that will yank the steering wheel of his car? Are you going vigilante on him? Are you going to shoot him? Provided you have your gun neatly tucked away under your armpit in the first place?
Why do you think of guns all the time. I suggested getting rid of the sick minds remember, and I pointed out other ways they could harm you besides using a gun.

Quote:
I can feel safe because I don’t think that my number has come up all the time, I can feel safe because I don’t have to look over my shoulder to see if some one sneaks up on me with a gun!
The whole concept behind the gun is that you don't have to sneak up on someone to use it. So if you're concerned about people sneaking up on you it's a good bet they don't have a gun.

Quote:
Of course I would like to see those sick minds of the street as much as you do but it isn’t up to me to do that. That is up to the legal system however flawed it may be.
Besides that every society has its fair share of idiots. No amount of guns in your house will prevent that.
Again with this gun as the solution to all your problems. If that's the way you see them maybe you're better off without one. I see them mostly as a way to protect lives and property and mainly through deterrence at that, not as a way to cleanse society of undersireables.

Quote:
Ah I see, that must be the reason why cops in America walkup to a car he/she just pulled over with his/her hand on his/her gun! Clearly a representative of the government and clearly he/she doesn’t think you are a criminal.
You see albed over here when a cop pulls me over he gets out of his car with his hands stretched out in order to shake mine, a true insult and serious injustice I must say.
I've lived in the US all of my life and the cops who've pulled me over always had their hand on a clipboard.

But with size of the traffic fines nowdays they might consider that gun idea.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-05, 09:26 AM   #22
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

interesting thread, in spite of the tired rightie-troll talking points lead-in... illustrates the point that painting the opposing viewpoints with extreme ideological brushes only lowers the quality of the debate.

take off the con/lib-colored glasses and this stuff becomes common sense. as with capital punishment, there are certainly circumstances where personal gun ownership is reasonable. hunting, target shooting, personal protection - these are fine reasons to own a gun. but since guns are a tool designed to destroy whatever they are used upon, common sense would dictate there should be limitations on thier possession, for the well-being of the community in which they are possessed. so background checks and limits on how much firepower an individual can possess are also reasonable... because i don't think my alcoholic neighbor with the rage problem and a history of domestic violence has any consitutional right to own a stash of crowd-killing weapons.

that being said, i've lived in several urban war zones in the US, but i've never felt the need to own a gun. i also spent a lot of time in rural right-wing Idaho and always had the impression that serious gun nuts were largely insecure guys who, apparently in lieu of any substantial genitalia, carried guns to make themselves feel more like men.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-05, 09:57 AM   #23
albed
flippin 'em off

Maybe if they were more enthused with your genitalia examination things would have been larger.
Old 07-08-05, 10:57 AM   #24
legion
I took both pills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
Now "homicide" is the truth; "murder" was a lie. Understand the difference?

Heck no, you're a liberal.

No need to investigate homicide bombings anymore.
and homicide squad at your local police department can be cacelled too.

coz homicide is legal!!
the world according to albed
Old 07-08-05, 11:54 AM   #25
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

With muderers and repeat violent offenders, I agree that locking someone up for the rest of their lives is more of a punishment than killing them.
floydian slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-05, 12:46 PM   #26
albed
flippin 'em off

Have either of you two espousing that ever been in prison? Maybe you can explain why it's the preferred choice of the criminals than if it's so much worse.
Old 07-08-05, 01:51 PM   #27
MissingLink
The one that just cannot be missed.

Quote:
No. I've probably spent more on guns and ammo myself than on books
Quote:
But when your government disarms you and renders you helpless it really doesn't matter what you value
Quote:
And you can be just as happy owning a gun. The difference is freedom
Quote:
Defending the lives and property of your family and your neighbors just isn't significant in your country is it
Quote:
But all you seem to think about are guns.

roflmao I wonder why

all these comments refer, directly or indirectly, to guns.
Old 07-08-05, 05:17 PM   #28
albed
flippin 'em off

Not really.

The first one refers to spending; mine compared to my governments.

The second one refers to government repression.

The third one refers to happiness and freedom.

The fourth one refers to social priorities.

But since all you can think of is guns you just couldn't grasp what was really being discussed.

Strangely you missed the one actually referring to guns:
Quote:
The whole concept behind the gun is that you don't have to sneak up on someone to use it.
Old 08-08-05, 04:15 AM   #29
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Guns seem to come in handy when people have arguments over the Iraq war...

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-05, 07:11 PM   #30
Nicobie

If liberal means keeping our freedoms, then I'm a liberal.

Freedom to own weapons in order to protect ourself from govmn't types is what our founders were thinking about when our Constitution was written.

This is so fuckin' obvious, it's ridiculous.
Old 10-08-05, 08:45 PM   #31
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

In that case, the vast majority of Americans are liberal. However liberalism has tended toward two different meanings here in the USA: classical liberalism is more commonly called conservativism, and modern liberalism is also called progressivism. Like you say, Nic, our nation was founded by liberal thinkers in order to establish a government that would protect our individual liberties.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-05, 11:29 PM   #32
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Quote:
classical liberalism is more commonly called conservativism
Interesting ,in australia the conservatives chose liberal deliberately for its associations with progressive nineteenth century free enterprise and social equality, on the other hand the left uses labor(note the american spelling of labour )thanks to King O'Malley

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote