P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 05-08-05, 02:49 PM   #1
albed
flippin 'em off

Default where have all the liberals gone?

With Ramona's departure I'm inclined to wonder 'where have all the liberals gone?'.

Still plenty of sniping at Bush's policies but never any liberal alternatives.

No more defense of taking money from people who earn it and giving it to people who don't.

No more clamoring for reducing military spending and increasing welfare spending.

No more arguments for giving compassion to criminals instead of punishment.

Do liberals today stand for anything except opposing conservatives?

Does anyone here still embrace liberal values?

PS. Does the "BTK Killer" Dennis Rader make anyone else think of Ramona? It's been nagging at me for a long time.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-05, 03:24 PM   #2
legion
I took both pills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
With Ramona's departure I'm inclined to wonder 'where have all the liberals gone?'.
still here! just lurking

Quote:
Still plenty of sniping at Bush's policies but never any liberal alternatives.
Bush just sux .. there happy now ?

Quote:
No more defense of taking money from people who earn it and giving it to people who don't.
isn't it just weird that you peeps spent more on defense than on health, welfare and education combined?

Quote:
No more clamoring for reducing military spending and increasing welfare spending.
read above

Quote:
No more arguments for giving compassion to criminals instead of punishment.
One day they walk out of prison, so why turn them into f*cked up buffed up screwed up murdering mindless droids

Quote:
Do liberals today stand for anything except opposing conservatives?
NO!

Quote:
Does anyone here still embrace liberal values?
YES!

i don't hate republicans, i am just indifferent same result, less effort
Old 05-08-05, 06:05 PM   #3
Nicobie

Default I miss ramona 2

she mostly ran off at the mouth.

T'was fun.
Old 05-08-05, 06:19 PM   #4
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy boy
isn't it just weird that you peeps spent more on defense than on health, welfare and education combined?
No. I've probably spent more on guns and ammo myself than on books, magazines, plus medical/dental expenses.

But unlike you, I have the freedom to do that dont' I?

Quote:
One day they walk out of prison, so why turn them into f*cked up buffed up screwed up murdering mindless droids
So we'll have a reason to execute them later.

It should be done sooner but it's the damn liberals you know.

Quote:
i don't hate republicans, i am just indifferent same result, less effort
Lazy.
Old 05-08-05, 08:06 PM   #5
legion
I took both pills.

Quote:
No. I've probably spent more on guns and ammo myself than on books, magazines, plus medical/dental expenses.

But unlike you, I have the freedom to do that dont' I?
True, i can't buy guns legally here unless you are a member of a gun club. but guess what? I like it that way.

Quote:
So we'll have a reason to execute them later.

It should be done sooner but it's the damn liberals you know.
Yeah we value life ... any life for that matter of fact. silly us

Quote:
Lazy.
True again! you are on a roll tonight
Old 05-08-05, 08:57 PM   #6
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Yeah we value life ... any life for that matter of fact. silly us
Silly alright. Once some scumbag rapes your daughter or beats you half to death for your wallet, maybe you'll start distinguishing between lives you should value and lives you should eliminate for the good of humanity.

But when your government disarms you and renders you helpless it really doesn't matter what you value. You just have to hope that your life is valued. Good luck.
Old 05-08-05, 09:38 PM   #7
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

albed, you know you can troll conservatives too, like you used to do with me. The real challenge, of course, is figuring out how to discredit somebody who agrees with you without labeling them a liar.

It's like you don't even try anymore.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-05, 10:19 PM   #8
albed
flippin 'em off

Set yourself up again then dude. When I caught you lying I let you know and it was no challenge at all; A raffle is gambling, soldiers do refuse to fight in the US army, Roe v Wade restricts the government instead of the citizens so it's not legislating by the court, the US occupied all of Japan after WW2, not just Okinawa.

You're easy. I know liberals are generally liars but I don't cut conservatives any slack because conservatives don't have to lie. You just do it because you don't have the knowledge.

I do.

So watch out.
Old 06-08-05, 03:39 AM   #9
legion
I took both pills.

Quote:
Silly alright. Once some scumbag rapes your daughter or beats you half to death for your wallet, maybe you'll start distinguishing between lives you should value and lives you should eliminate for the good of humanity.
Oh yeah that's right i have never been confronted with crime ... lemme see ... in my old job i had treats on life about each and every day ... some jerk tried to rob me from my wallet early in the morning in a park by knife point ... some jerk broke into my house ... i got beat up once or twice (admitted i was drunk and pretty much asking for it.)

still i am here, i am not afraid to go outside and have fun, i still don't lock the doors at night and i am not mentally damaged (well not by crime anyways ) and still i am happy and don't own a gun.
I just don't think that every illegal act has to be met with capital punishment, not even rape. Maybe women beg to differ?

But even you Albed have to agree with me that capital punishment doesn't work. Are all the death rows in America empty? how much crime was prevented because the state could fry your ass? If i am allowed to have a guess from my side of the pond, pretty much NONE!!!

Quote:
But when your government disarms you and renders you helpless it really doesn't matter what you value. You just have to hope that your life is valued. Good luck.
Some truth in there just al little to black and white. Yes my Gov. does reneders me unarmed on the other hand not every assholes who is willing to steal place empty walks in at night carrying a piece nor does every asshole who tries to rob me in the park will put a gun in my face.
See, there are two sides on a medal
Old 06-08-05, 02:37 PM   #10
MissingLink
The one that just cannot be missed.

I just don't see why carrying a gun is a good thing.
There's a lot of hate in this world and sure... maybe I would feel safer. But it's too easy to pull the trigger and end a human life. Think about it...
I could be killed by now because some idiot got his/her hands on a gun. There are a lot of sick minds running around, when these people can get this kind of power this easily, they would use it too. Even when they get caught and are convicted, you still lost someone close to you, or leaving your family behind.

So please tell me again why this is a good thing...
Old 06-08-05, 03:22 PM   #11
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
But even you Albed have to agree with me that capital punishment doesn't work. Are all the death rows in America empty? how much crime was prevented because the state could fry your ass? If i am allowed to have a guess from my side of the pond, pretty much NONE!!!

the recidivism rate among all released convicts averages 20%-30%. the recidivism rate among executed offenders is zero.

so, when applied righteously, capital punishment works pretty well.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-05, 04:58 PM   #12
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Oh yeah that's right i have never been confronted with crime ... lemme see ... in my old job i had treats on life about each and every day ... some jerk tried to rob me from my wallet early in the morning in a park by knife point
So how did that turn out? Did you give him a warm compassionate hug? Or did you start thinking the world would be a better place if he were dead?

Quote:
some jerk broke into my house
Quote:
i still don't lock the doors at night
Something isn't quite right in your head dude; unless the door or window is your most valuable possession.

Quote:
and still i am happy and don't own a gun.
And you can be just as happy owning a gun. The difference is freedom.

Quote:
I just don't think that every illegal act has to be met with capital punishment,
Who does?

Quote:
But even you Albed have to agree with me that capital punishment doesn't work.
No I don't.
Quote:
Are all the death rows in America empty? how much crime was prevented because the state could fry your ass? If i am allowed to have a guess from my side of the pond, pretty much NONE!!!
If your only concern is preventing crime then no post facto action is going to work. You'll have to take freedom away from a society. Some people don't like that.

Quote:
Some truth in there just al little to black and white. Yes my Gov. does reneders me unarmed on the other hand not every assholes who is willing to steal place empty walks in at night carrying a piece nor does every asshole who tries to rob me in the park will put a gun in my face.
See, there are two sides on a medal
Yes there is. You seem concerned with not having a gun involved in your robbery while I'd rather there be no robbery at all.
Old 06-08-05, 05:37 PM   #13
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingLink
I just don't see why carrying a gun is a good thing.
There's a lot of hate in this world and sure... maybe I would feel safer. But it's too easy to pull the trigger and end a human life. Think about it...
I could be killed by now because some idiot got his/her hands on a gun. There are a lot of sick minds running around, when these people can get this kind of power this easily, they would use it too. Even when they get caught and are convicted, you still lost someone close to you, or leaving your family behind.

So please tell me again why this is a good thing...
I never said carrying a gun is a 'good thing'. I think the 'good thing' in your case would be getting rid of the 'sick minds running around'. How can you feel safe in your house when they can buy gasoline without any government restrictions? How can you feel safe walking down a sidewalk when they can yank the steering wheel of their car and end your life?

Freedom to me is the 'good thing'. If you think your personal circumstances require owning a gun you'd be able to. But when a government treats all it's citizens as potential criminals it's an insult and an injustice.
Old 06-08-05, 05:50 PM   #14
legion
I took both pills.

Quote:
So how did that turn out? Did you give him a warm compassionate hug? Or did you start thinking the world would be a better place if he were dead?
No, i kicked his ass!

Quote:
Something isn't quite right in your head dude; unless the door or window is your most valuable possession.
should i be scared coz some fuckhead threatened me once or twice? have 6 locks on my door so I can feel safe?? I don’t think so!

Quote:
And you can be just as happy owning a gun. The difference is freedom.
Name me one country where personal freedom is larger than right here in the netherlands and i will give you points for this one! so imho the gun ownership is a small sacrifice to make.

Quote:
Who does?
in a way you did: So how did that turn out? Did you give him a warm compassionate hug? Or did you start thinking the world would be a better place if he were dead?

Quote:
No I don't.If your only concern is preventing crime then no post facto action is going to work.
touche, that one is yours

Quote:
Yes there is. You seem concerned with not having a gun involved in your robbery while I'd rather there be no robbery at all.
Only in a perfect world, which is not the world we live in.

@The Knive, recidivism might be zero if you are willing to trade in a little bit of your humanity. The death certificate of some one who just got KILLED by lethal injection, gas chamber or by what ever means the inmate's live was TERMINATED, clearly states MURDER!!!! All done in your name too. (provided you live in a state that does have capital punishment) Indeed i would be proud of that too
Old 06-08-05, 06:12 PM   #15
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
@The Knive, recidivism might be zero if you are willing to trade in a little bit of your humanity. The death certificate of some one who just got KILLED by lethal injection, gas chamber or by what ever means the inmate's live was TERMINATED, clearly states MURDER!!!! All done in your name too. (provided you live in a state that does have capital punishment) Indeed i would be proud of that too
i'm a little more practical about it, TB - my personal experience has been that there are people in this world who are truly dangerous predators, who will always be an immediate threat to thier neighbors and thier community and anyone unlucky enough to cross their path. people who look for opportunities to harm others, have killed and maimed and will do so again without hesitation.

so i do not think it is inhumane to kill people who are a permanent threat to thier fellow human beings - execution is simply the only way to ensure a repeat proven killer will not kill again.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-05, 06:22 PM   #16
legion
I took both pills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife
i'm a little more practical about it, TB - my personal experience has been that there are people in this world who are truly dangerous predators, who will always be an immediate threat to thier neighbors and thier community and anyone unlucky enough to cross their path. people who look for opportunities to harm others, have killed and maimed and will do so again without hesitation.

so i do not think it is inhumane to kill people who are a permanent threat to thier fellow human beings - execution is simply the only way to ensure a repeat proven killer will not kill again.
Personally I think life in jail is much more of a punishment than death. I can only imagine what 50,60,70 years of climbing the walls of his/her cell must be like. Plain torture if you ask me.

Hey, I just lost some of my liberal views
Old 06-08-05, 07:41 PM   #17
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
No, i kicked his ass!
That is not approved liberal behaviour.

Quote:
Quote:
some jerk broke into my house..
i still don't lock the doors at night..
Quote:
Quote:
should i be scared coz some fuckhead threatened me once or twice? have 6 locks on my door so I can feel safe?? I don’t think so!
Do you have some macho ego hyperinflation? It's common fucking sense. You have people around who break into houses....respond accordingly.

Quote:
Name me one country where personal freedom is larger than right here in the netherlands and i will give you points for this one! so imho the gun ownership is a small sacrifice to make.
Yeah you can buy drugs and whores legally, good for you. Defending the lives and property of your family and your neighbors just isn't significant in your country is it? Wow, am I jealous.

Quote:
Only in a perfect world, which is not the world we live in.
I don't try for a perfect world, just a better one. You're apparently content with the occasional robbery and home break-in, I'm not.

Quote:
http://www.answers.com/murder&r=67

Murder:#1 The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

You're flat out lying there toy boy. The execution of murderers in the US is the most lawful killing you'll ever find.

I'm starting to suspect theknife is a closet conservative.

Quote:
Personally I think life in jail is much more of a punishment than death. I can only imagine what 50,60,70 years of climbing the walls of his/her cell must be like. Plain torture if you ask me.

Hey, I just lost some of my liberal views
The criminals themselves almost always disagree with your sadistic view and prefer life in prison instead of death.
Old 07-08-05, 03:09 AM   #18
legion
I took both pills.

Quote:
That is not approved liberal behaviour.
tough! I do have the right to defend myself and i exercised my right.

Quote:
Do you have some macho ego hyperinflation? It's common fucking sense. You have people around who break into houses....respond accordingly.
If you think 6 locks on your door is responding accordingly go for it albed, I think it is paranoid.

Quote:
Yeah you can buy drugs and whores legally, good for you. Defending the lives and property of your family and your neighbors just isn't significant in your country is it? Wow, am I jealous.
HAHAHAHA I can defend my neighbors, my property and my family. I just can't do it by pumping a few rounds of hot lead into someones head.

Quote:
I don't try for a perfect world, just a better one. You're apparently content with the occasional robbery and home break-in, I'm not.
Not what i said albed you are reaching !

Quote:
http://www.answers.com/murder&r=67

Murder:#1 The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.
I admit that english is only my second language and limited at best however i know what murder means but thanks for the education.

Quote:
You're flat out lying there toy boy. The execution of murderers in the US is the most lawful killing you'll ever find.
author:unknown

Testimony taken in committee 03/03/2005 H Left pending in
committee
Relating to showing the cause of death on the death certificate of
an inmate of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice who is
lawfully executed.
Current death certificates of executed people list cause of death as
"Homicide".

Again you are reaching Albed. Call me a liar all you want, actually it is kinda cute

Quote:
I'm starting to suspect theknife is a closet conservative.
Yeah but it is hard to come out when one is surrounded by people like you (j/k)

Quote:
The criminals themselves almost always disagree with your sadistic view and prefer life in prison instead of death.
doesn't change the fact that i think of it as a far greater punishment than death.

edits: those damn typos again
Old 07-08-05, 06:20 AM   #19
MissingLink
The one that just cannot be missed.

Quote:
I never said carrying a gun is a 'good thing'. I think the 'good thing' in your case would be getting rid of the 'sick minds running around'. How can you feel safe in your house when they can buy gasoline without any government restrictions? How can you feel safe walking down a sidewalk when they can yank the steering wheel of their car and end your life?
How the hell can you feel safe when airplanes are flying overhead, how can you feel safe while trains filled with nuclear waste or toxic chemicals are being driven through your state? How on earth CAN a gun protect you from an idiot that will yank the steering wheel of his car? Are you going vigilante on him? Are you going to shoot him? Provided you have your gun neatly tucked away under your armpit in the first place?
I can feel safe because I don’t think that my number has come up all the time, I can feel safe because I don’t have to look over my shoulder to see if some one sneaks up on me with a gun!

Of course I would like to see those sick minds of the street as much as you do but it isn’t up to me to do that. That is up to the legal system however flawed it may be.
Besides that every society has its fair share of idiots. No amount of guns in your house will prevent that.

Quote:
Freedom to me is the 'good thing'. If you think your personal circumstances require owning a gun you'd be able to. But when a government treats all it's citizens as potential criminals it's an insult and an injustice.
Ah I see, that must be the reason why cops in America walkup to a car he/she just pulled over with his/her hand on his/her gun! Clearly a representative of the government and clearly he/she doesn’t think you are a criminal.
You see albed over here when a cop pulls me over he gets out of his car with his hands stretched out in order to shake mine, a true insult and serious injustice I must say.
Old 07-08-05, 08:25 AM   #20
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Not what i said albed you are reaching !
Leaving your door unlocked at night even after a break-in certainly seems to indicate contentment.

Quote:
I admit that english is only my second language and limited at best however i know what murder means but thanks for the education.

author:unknown

Testimony taken in committee 03/03/2005 H Left pending in
committee
Relating to showing the cause of death on the death certificate of
an inmate of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice who is
lawfully executed.
Current death certificates of executed people list cause of death as
"Homicide".

Again you are reaching Albed. Call me a liar all you want, actually it is kinda cute
Now "homicide" is the truth; "murder" was a lie. Understand the difference?

Heck no, you're a liberal.