P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 12-07-05, 10:10 AM   #21
tambourine-man
BANG BANG BANG (repeat as necessary)

^
ANSWER THE QUESTION McCLELLAN...!!!

"I did not authorise the leaking of the name of David Kelly. Nobody was authorised to name David Kelly. I believe we have acted properly throughout" Tony Blair - July 22, 2003
tambourine-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-05, 10:38 AM   #22
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

White House then:

Quote:
"No one wants to get to the bottom of this matter more than the President of the United States. If someone leaked classified information, the President wants to know. If someone in this administration leaked classified information, they will no longer be a part of this administration, because that's not the way this White House operates."
White House today:
Quote:
White House Still Silent on Rove Evidence
AP - 2 hours, 5 minutes ago
WASHINGTON - The White House is suddenly facing damaging evidence that it misled the public by insisting for two years that presidential adviser Karl Rove wasn't involved in leaking the identity of a female CIA officer. President Bush, at an Oval Office photo opportunity Tuesday, was asked directly whether he would fire Rove -- in keeping with a pledge in June, 2004, to dismiss any leakers in the case. The president did not respond. For the second day, White House press secretary Scott McClellan refused to answer questions about Rove.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-05, 11:01 AM   #23
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
HISTORICAL MILESTONE

The bong sucking monkey molester makes the most intelligent, insightful post of his life.

(almost missed it)
touché...lol

(almost forgot i posted it)

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-05, 11:57 AM   #24
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambourine-man
So which one of those four did Karl Rove do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambourine-man
^
ANSWER THE QUESTION McCLELLAN...!!!
"Those four" refer to posters not Rove.

What Rove might have done was anonymously reveal to a reporter that retired foreign service officer Valerie Plame was also a CIA agent. Hardly a big deal since it's a very common practice and everyone knows it.

But the liberal spin doctors got going and Valerie announced herself that she was formerly an agent, considerably more credible than an anonymous source, and further that the information was leaked to damage her career, which was odd since she had already retired and she would have done more damage herself with her own announcement anyway, and also that it was done to retaliate against her husband for revealing that falsified intelligence was used by the Bush administration, which was even odder since it didn't even hurt her so how would it hurt him.

But the liberals are playing ball with it, knife is staying busy, and hopefully it will keep the whole lot from their more destructive pursuits of sabotaging the administrations efforts to fight terrorism and spread freedom and democracy.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-05, 02:45 PM   #25
Sinner
--------------------

Karl Rove is to George Bush what Ollie North is to Ronald Reagan.
Old 12-07-05, 04:16 PM   #26
theknife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
Karl Rove is to George Bush what Ollie North is to Ronald Reagan.
and nobody ever learns the basic lesson: it's not the deed, it's the lies and the cover-up that makes it all unravel.

the interesting thing about this one is that it is the CIA who asked for this investigation, which effectively negates the usual "liberal media smear" defense. obviously, the investigation would have been closed on Day 2 if Valerie Plame was not a covert op.

Quote:
At CIA Director George J. Tenet's request, the Justice Department is looking into an allegation that administration officials leaked the name of an undercover CIA officer to a journalist, government sources said yesterday.
now 2 years later, it is the subsequent and now well-documented lies of Scott McClellan are what brought this back to life. LA Times comments on the real scandal:

Quote:
If you can't shoot the messenger, take aim at his wife.

That clearly was the intent of White House Deputy Chief of Staff Karl Rove in leaking to a reporter that former Ambassador Joseph C. Wilson IV's wife, Valerie Plame, was a CIA agent. To try to conceal the fact that the president had lied to the American public about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program, Rove attempted to destroy the credibility of two national security veterans and send an intimidating message to any other government officials preparing to publicly tell the truth.
Old 12-07-05, 05:47 PM   #27
JackSpratts

meanwhile it's a reporter for the new york times, the so-called "bastion of liberal news," who rots on a prison cell floor protecting her conservative administration sources. that is one stand up woman.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-05, 06:08 PM   #28
albed
flippin 'em off

Sleepy

An ironic casualty of liberal lynch mob fanaticism.
Old 12-07-05, 08:15 PM   #29
Nicobie

Quote:
HISTORICAL MILESTONE

The bong sucking monkey molester makes the most intelligent, insightful post of his life.

(almost missed it)
bullshit.

who is the baddest. . . .

Da BITCH hillary or the intellectual rove
Old 12-07-05, 08:22 PM   #30
JackSpratts

Quote:
An ironic casualty of liberal lynch mob fanaticism.
right. that would be special prosecutor patrick j. fitzgerald. albed you are as always humorously uninformed.

- js.
Old 13-07-05, 12:46 AM   #31
daddydirt
even the losers

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editor...l?id=110006955

Karl Rove, Whistleblower
He told the truth about Joe Wilson.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 12:01 a.m. EDT

Democrats and most of the Beltway press corps are baying for Karl Rove's head over his role in exposing a case of CIA nepotism involving Joe Wilson and his wife, Valerie Plame. On the contrary, we'd say the White House political guru deserves a prize--perhaps the next iteration of the "Truth-Telling" award that The Nation magazine bestowed upon Mr. Wilson before the Senate Intelligence Committee exposed him as a fraud.

For Mr. Rove is turning out to be the real "whistleblower" in this whole sorry pseudo-scandal. He's the one who warned Time's Matthew Cooper and other reporters to be wary of Mr. Wilson's credibility. He's the one who told the press the truth that Mr. Wilson had been recommended for the CIA consulting gig by his wife, not by Vice President Dick Cheney as Mr. Wilson was asserting on the airwaves. In short, Mr. Rove provided important background so Americans could understand that Mr. Wilson wasn't a whistleblower but was a partisan trying to discredit the Iraq War in an election campaign. Thank you, Mr. Rove.

Media chants aside, there's no evidence that Mr. Rove broke any laws in telling reporters that Ms. Plame may have played a role in her husband's selection for a 2002 mission to investigate reports that Iraq was seeking uranium ore in Niger. To be prosecuted under the 1982 Intelligence Identities Protection Act, Mr. Rove would had to have deliberately and maliciously exposed Ms. Plame knowing that she was an undercover agent and using information he'd obtained in an official capacity. But it appears Mr. Rove didn't even know Ms. Plame's name and had only heard about her work at Langley from other journalists.

On the "no underlying crime" point, moreover, no less than the New York Times and Washington Post now agree. So do the 36 major news organizations that filed a legal brief in March aimed at keeping Mr. Cooper and the New York Times's Judith Miller out of jail.

"While an investigation of the leak was justified, it is far from clear--at least on the public record--that a crime took place," the Post noted the other day. Granted the media have come a bit late to this understanding, and then only to protect their own, but the logic of their argument is that Mr. Rove did nothing wrong either.

The same can't be said for Mr. Wilson, who first "outed" himself as a CIA consultant in a melodramatic New York Times op-ed in July 2003. At the time he claimed to have thoroughly debunked the Iraq-Niger yellowcake uranium connection that President Bush had mentioned in his now famous "16 words" on the subject in that year's State of the Union address.
Mr. Wilson also vehemently denied it when columnist Robert Novak first reported that his wife had played a role in selecting him for the Niger mission. He promptly signed up as adviser to the Kerry campaign and was feted almost everywhere in the media, including repeat appearances on NBC's "Meet the Press" and a photo spread (with Valerie) in Vanity Fair.

But his day in the political sun was short-lived. The bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee report last July cited the note that Ms. Plame had sent recommending her husband for the Niger mission. "Interviews and documents provided to the Committee indicate that his wife, a CPD [Counterproliferation Division] employee, suggested his name for the trip," said the report.

The same bipartisan report also pointed out that the forged documents Mr. Wilson claimed to have discredited hadn't even entered intelligence channels until eight months after his trip. And it said the CIA interpreted the information he provided in his debrief as mildly supportive of the suspicion that Iraq had been seeking uranium in Niger.

About the same time, another inquiry headed by Britain's Lord Butler delivered its own verdict on the 16 words: "We conclude also that the statement in President Bush's State of the Union Address of 28 January 2003 that 'The British Government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa' was well-founded."

In short, Joe Wilson hadn't told the truth about what he'd discovered in Africa, how he'd discovered it, what he'd told the CIA about it, or even why he was sent on the mission. The media and the Kerry campaign promptly abandoned him, though the former never did give as much prominence to his debunking as they did to his original accusations. But if anyone can remember another public figure so entirely and thoroughly discredited, let us know.

If there's any scandal at all here, it is that this entire episode has been allowed to waste so much government time and media attention, not to mention inspire a "special counsel" probe. The Bush Administration is also guilty on this count, since it went along with the appointment of prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald in an election year in order to punt the issue down the road. But now Mr. Fitzgerald has become an unguided missile, holding reporters in contempt for not disclosing their sources even as it becomes clearer all the time that no underlying crime was at issue.

As for the press corps, rather than calling for Mr. Rove to be fired, they ought to be grateful to him for telling the truth.
daddydirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-05, 05:00 AM   #32
theknife

1) Joe Wilson is not the issue but if he was, this much is clear: at the end of the day, he was right about the false uranium strory.

2)While there is no public evidence to date that Rove personally contacted Novak to specifically reveal Plame's identity, several journalists have reported that they were contacted by Rove, soon after the publication of the Novak leak, and were told that "Joe Wilson's wife is fair game." At least six journalists, including Novak, were contacted by Rove and encouraged to target Wilson and Plame.

what kind of "prize" do you think Rove deserves?
Old 13-07-05, 06:38 AM   #33
albed
flippin 'em off

A prize for attracting the most liberal propaganda over nothing.

It seems he didn't hurt anyone's career, didn't damage national security and quite likely didn't even break the law.

Ummm, how many people died as a result of this again knife?

But the liberals just keep squawking "TREASON". Simple old fashoned slander.
Old 13-07-05, 08:04 AM   #34
tambourine-man
BANG BANG BANG (repeat as necessary)

IMPEACH...!!! CUM STAIN ON BLUE DRESS...!!! IMPEACH...!!!

LOL... I love politics.

"I did not authorise the leaking of the name of David Kelly. Nobody was authorised to name David Kelly. I believe we have acted properly throughout" Tony Blair - July 22, 2003
tambourine-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-05, 08:41 AM   #35
albed
flippin 'em off

No.

IMPEACH...!!! [underoath-onvideo]"I DID NOT HAVE SEXUAL RELATIONS WITH

THAT WOMAN"[/underoath-onvideo] IMPEACH...!!!
Old 13-07-05, 10:38 AM   #36
theknife

the Right is either unwilling or unable to discern the issue here. Larry Johnson, former CIA analyst, classmate of Valerie Plame, and Republican party donor provides some clarity:

Quote:
Let's be very clear about what happened. This is not an alleged abuse. This is a confirmed abuse. I worked with this woman. She started training with me. She has been undercover for three decades, she is not as Bob Novak suggested a CIA analyst. But given that, I was a CIA analyst for four years. I was undercover. I could not divulge to my family outside of my wife that I worked for the Central Intelligence Agency until I left the agency on September 30, 1989. At that point I could admit it.

So the fact that she's been undercover for three decades and that has been divulged is outrageous because she was put undercover for certain reasons. One, she works in an area where people she meets with overseas could be compromised. When you start tracing back who she met with, even people who innocently met with her, who are not involved in CIA operations, could be compromised. For these journalists to argue that this is no big deal and if I hear another Republican operative suggesting that well, this was just an analyst fine, let them go undercover. Let's put them overseas and let's out them and then see how they like it. They won't be able to stand the heat [...]

I say this as a registered Republican. I'm on record giving contributions to the George Bush campaign. This is not about partisan politics. This is about a betrayal, a political smear of an individual with no relevance to the story. Publishing her name in that story added nothing to it. His entire intent was correctly as Ambassador Wilson noted: to intimidate, to suggest that there was some impropriety that somehow his wife was in a decision making position to influence his ability to go over and savage a stupid policy, an erroneous policy and frankly, what was a false policy of suggesting that there were nuclear material in Iraq that required this war. This was about a political attack. To pretend that it's something else and to get into this parsing of words, I tell you, it sickens me to be a Republican to see this.
Old 13-07-05, 12:43 PM   #37
albed
flippin 'em off

September 30, 2003
Oh for pete's sake knife.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/
July 13, 2005

Joe Wilson... leaked the contents of his own report to the CIA--in the pages of the New York Times!--only he lied about his own report. He "peddled disinformation," falsely claiming to have found no evidence of an Iraqi effort to buy uranium from Niger, in order to "harm a political adversary," President Bush.

Contrary to false statements made by Wilson and his wife, it was Valerie Plame who suggested her husband for the Niger venture, and the Vice-President's office had nothing to do with it. This is precisely what Karl Rove told Matt Cooper, but the Times demurely fails to quote Cooper's email to that effect.

the Times has never issued a correction of the misstatements in Wilson's op-ed.

...all of the liberal huffing and puffing over the supposed "outing" of Valerie Plame--as though she might be in danger as she drove to and from her desk job in Langley, and as though she hadn't posed for a photo shoot in Vanity Fair, dressed up as a spy--
Old 13-07-05, 01:29 PM   #38
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

Who's Pete?
Is he a spy as well?
Does he have a knive?
My God everyones involved now.
Old 13-07-05, 01:59 PM   #39
JackSpratts

valerie plame has continued to deny she recomended her husband for the job and stop and think for a moment: why would she? the right has never been able to explain why a posting in niger would be such a plumb position lol. "oh please honey, not PARIS again! yuch. i can't take another bar filled with perfect women. niger has the best heat and the most sand fleas! send me there - please, please, please!!!" get real ffs. no way he'd make his wife send him to that hell hole. the whole thing's another in a long line of idiotic right wing smear jobs to protect thier intellectually bankrupt ultimate leader. it's like out of some pathetic banana republic.

- js.
Old 13-07-05, 03:01 PM   #40
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSpratts
valerie plame has continued to deny she recomended her husband for the job and stop and think for a moment: why would she? the right has never been able to explain why a posting in niger would be such a plumb position lol. "oh please honey, not PARIS again! yuch. i can't take another bar filled with perfect women. niger has the best heat and the most sand fleas! send me there - please, please, please!!!" get real ffs. no way he'd make his wife send him to that hell hole. the whole thing's another in a long line of idiotic right wing smear jobs to protect thier intellectually bankrupt ultimate leader. it's like out of some pathetic banana republic.

- js.

Wilson spent a lot of time in Africa and Niger, in fact his Twins where born in Niger. With his first wife. He has very good relationships with the power that be in that country and when he started his investment firm, some of his biggest clients are also from Niger. Esp. when they were looking to build a gold mine there. He was the perfect person to work in Niger.

This link gives a lot of info on the profile of Valerie Plame and Joe Wilson.

http://www.jimgilliam.com/2004/01/va...erie_plame.php