P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 19-11-04, 11:36 AM   #21
gregorio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmd62
Just can't seem to fear a guy named Putin. Besides Alex Putin just doesn't have that Russian ring to it.
I suppose it would add a little to that Russian ring if his first name was "Vladimir" and not "Alex"...
gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-04, 12:40 PM   #22
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_silver
This article has credibility reguardless from the site I took it from. This site is not anti-American, it's anti globalization and anti-war. There are no conspiracy theory there, only good, shoking articles. Must have shoked the hell out of ya for you to label it Junk. I wouldn't dismiss it so quickly, i'd atleast give it a chance for so many reasons. And about the US wanting to secure the oil supply, don't need to take the info out of a conspiracy theory site, just take it out from the US department of energy website.

Propagandists use a variety of propaganda techniques to influence opinions and to avoid the truth.

Quote:
From

"the SPR provides the President with a powerful response option should a disruption in commercial oil supplies threaten the U.S. economy."

Wonder what that means? What would be a powerful response option should disruption happen the US oil supply? A war?

Sure War could be one of a thousand ideas they have. But War with who? OH MY GOD!!! Canada is the largest exporter of oil to the USA.....They are going to invade CANADA EH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUN

Quote:
What's wrong with these articles? It happened and was caught on tape.

Fallujah shooting a 'war crime'

U.S. probes shooting at Fallujah mosque
It is easy for you and others sitting in their nice warm chair drinking coffee to call a Young American soldier whos life is at risk every second of the day a War Criminal.

Quote:
From

The Facts are there, the city is being leveled, innocents are dying, children lost limbs due to the incessent bombing... And these childrens will grow up HATING americans and spread their hatred upon others, have no doubt.
It is a War, and it seems the terrorist there are doing most of the killing when it comes to the innocents. Grow up hating Americans? Just like in Japan you mean? Nope that never happened, or maybe Germany...hhhmmm nope, How about South Korea.....no again. Well I am sure some did but it never started another War.

Quote:
You forgot to mentionned that this article is classified under the section, humor.
Nope, I never forgot to mention it. I left it out.

Quote:
He might still win if the ballots are recounted in Ohio and Florida. Nader and more than half the citizen those states are asking for a recount. Seems they don't like that purple map.
Kerry did concede for a reason. I doubt he conceded because he thought he was going to win.

Quote:
Atlast, someone is asking the right question, not referring to your's truly. I wouldn't dismiss this so quickly. The NYT wrote an article about the subject, was the WTC really a terrorist act? CNN aired a week ago some footage that can make one question him/herself. Some ppl saw on this footage a building collapse prior the collaps of both WTC. It's on tape.
and some people have seen UFO's land in their backyard and some people have seen BigFoot walking around in the woods.....Their have been many news articles on these events....doesn't make it true.

Last edited by Sinner : 19-11-04 at 01:14 PM.
Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-04, 12:45 PM   #23
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
Lol @ Sinner. You need to learn to let rambling retards alone.
it passes the time when there is nothing else to do.....
Old 19-11-04, 01:07 PM   #24
albed
flippin 'em off

You should try something less irritating, like plucking your nose hairs maybe.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-04, 04:29 PM   #25
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

Brows

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorio
I suppose it would add a little to that Russian ring if his first name was "Vladimir" and not "Alex"...

Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin

LOL @ muti's photochop

albeds loves us and can't get enough abuse
maybe hes a sadomasochist
floydian slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-04, 06:46 PM   #26
gregorio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
It is easy for you and others sitting in their nice warm chair drinking coffee to call a Young American soldier whos life is at risk every second of the day a War Criminal.
I'd like to see you stand up and say the same for a young German member of the SS. It doesn't matter whether they are young, or whether they are not happy being where they are and that every other Iraqi would happily cut their throats if he had the chance. Killing injured enemy soldiers or leaving them to die is a war crime. The Iraqis, frankly, are committing war crimes too, but first they are not an organized army and they don't have the means to fight the Americans out in the open, so the same standards do not apply to them. If it weren't for the civilian casualties, I'd be happy to see both the Iraqi guerillas and the American soldiers killing each other, until noone was left. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen.

Quote:
It is a War, and it seems the terrorist there are doing most of the killing when it comes to the innocents. Grow up hating Americans? Just like in Japan you mean? Nope that never happened, or maybe Germany...hhhmmm nope, How about South Korea.....no again. Well I am sure some did but it never started another War.
First, both the Iraqi interim government and the U.S. occupying forces are quick at covering up collateral damage that was caused by their side, second there are independent sources that claim there were thousands of civilian deaths in Fallujah.

And for the record, Germans don't particularly like Americans - or why do you thing our chancellor Gerhard "America can kiss mine and Jacque's asses" Schroeder won the last election? Ever since George Bush became president, anti-Americanism became really en-vogue in most of Europe. I don't think the Japanese can stand you very much either, - but then again the Japanese can't really stand anyone except for the Japanese.

The difference between Iraq and Germany in 1945 is that it was pretty undeniable that the Germans had been the bad guys, we started the war, we "solved" the Jew problem and all our neighbours hated us, - even the Austrians because *they* never had any part in anything. Iraq on the other hand didn't start the war. The other Arab countries, the Europeans and most of the world media is telling them, that they are the victims. And if you read the press here or elsewhere, you will read about the American crimes against Iraq and you will read that Al-Sarkawi beheaded half a dozen Iraqi soldiers and that it is all America's fault. The Iraqis are going to hate you, the rest of the world will make sure of that.
Old 19-11-04, 07:44 PM   #27
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
I'd like to see you stand up and say the same for a young German member of the SS.
A Nazi sympathizer eh? Don't pick on Sinner too much, he's got similiar ideas about the "jewish problem".

Quote:
The Iraqis, frankly, are committing war crimes too, but first they are not an organized army and they don't have the means to fight the Americans out in the open, so the same standards do not apply to them.
The laws of war apply to everyone equally reguardless of your bias and ignorance. The insurgents are organized and they've admitted it themselves.

Quote:
If it weren't for the civilian casualties, I'd be happy to see both the Iraqi guerillas and the American soldiers killing each other, until noone was left. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen.
So you snakes won't be able to take over the world then, damn!

Quote:
First, both the Iraqi interim government and the U.S. occupying forces are quick at covering up collateral damage that was caused by their side, second there are independent sources that claim there were thousands of civilian deaths in Fallujah.
There's nothing more reliable than "independent sources" is there? Why I bet you'd be willing to stake you life on them, so if less than 2,000 dead civilians are found you'll kill yourself right?

Quote:
The Iraqis are going to hate you, the rest of the world will make sure of that.
While hatred is a pretty easy thing to spread the macho culture of the mid-east looks down on sniveling cowards probably more than americans so europeans won't be nearly as influential as they'd like.
Old 19-11-04, 08:30 PM   #28
gregorio

Quote:
A Nazi sympathizer eh? Don't pick on Sinner too much, he's got similiar ideas about the "jewish problem".
Not really a Nazi sympathizer, - there were actually times when I would have considered myself a communist.

Quote:
The laws of war apply to everyone equally reguardless of your bias and ignorance. The insurgents are organized and they've admitted it themselves.
There is no law that binds nations, - there are treaties that bind nations, treaties like the Geneva convention and the several Hague conventions that the U.S. ratified if I'm not mistaken. And a guerilla fighter and the soldier of a proper state committing crimes are entirely different things. You may call it hypocrisy, but that's the way it is.

Quote:
So you snakes won't be able to take over the world then, damn!
Taking over the world through military means is an anachronistic concept.

Quote:
There's nothing more reliable than "independent sources" is there? Why I bet you'd be willing to stake you life on them, so if less than 2,000 dead civilians are found you'll kill yourself right?
No. I will call it a lie and continue to claim there were more than 2,000 civilian deaths. That is called ignorance, - something the average American should be quite familiar with, the only difference being that I choose to be in that state rather than being forced into that state by my lack of ability to inform myself.

Quote:
While hatred is a pretty easy thing to spread the macho culture of the mid-east looks down on sniveling cowards probably more than americans so europeans won't be nearly as influential as they'd like.
I wouldn't want Europe to gain that kind of influence. It's about giving these countries the choice between an imperialistic U.S. of A., the neo-stalinist Putin and the moderate EU. We are already seeing that terrorism is concentrating on the U.S. and Russia what more should we wish for?

I am playing advocatus diaboli here, but really, watching the U.S. screw itself in Iraq is kind of entertaining.
Old 19-11-04, 10:27 PM   #29
jcmd62
Alpha Male

Quote:
Not really a Nazi sympathizer, - there were actually times when I would have considered myself a communist.
So like most passive anal retentive liberals you just "consider yourself" or "support" whatever suits your particlar crusade, just like you do with your votes and support on any issue. Make a choice you wishy washy fuk, your just like that asshole on game day that won't pick a Team to support until one team is clearly going to win, then brags about how he was supporting the winning Team all along.

Quote:
And a guerilla fighter and the soldier of a proper state committing crimes are entirely different things. You may call it hypocrisy, but that's the way it is.
Congrats...Your a Hypocrite. A truely biased and ignorant hypocrite at that. Only a giant ass of a hypocrite would try and pass off this kind of complete and utter bullshit. Only someone so completely consumed with hatred of another would attempt such a pathetic reason to excuse murder. Your damn right its hypocrisy and thank god it isn't the "way it is" for those of us in touch with reality.

The fact you actually think that a soldier who commits a war crime should be held accountable because, lets face it...he is an American, that was in a foriegn land under orders from his government, but the guerillas that are targeting, kidnapping, beheading innocent civilians and soldiers alike should be excused for their war crimes because they are not of a "proper state"???? <--Liberal rhetoric for, Because YOU personally don't SUPPORT what America's doing in Iraq so instead of murdering criminals these heroes are in your twisted realm of reality "FREEDOM FIGHTERS".

Murder is murder you moronic retard, a war crime is a war crime regardless who commits it. Theres no difference, only your sick and twisted perception. This ludicrous reasoning speaks volumes for your obvious lack of sanity and connection with reality.

Quote:
I am playing advocatus diaboli here, but really, watching the U.S. screw itself in Iraq is kind of entertaining.
Need I mention any further what an anal hate filled, insane little person would admit that young men, women and children dying in Iraq is "entertaining" and brings them some kind of sick pleasure. Bush winning the election really sent your pyschopathic ass over the edge.
jcmd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-04, 10:36 PM   #30
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
So like most passive anal retentive liberals you just "consider yourself" or "support" whatever suits your particlar crusade, just like you do with your votes and support on any issue. Make a choice you wishy washy fuk, your just like that asshole on game day that won't pick a Team to support until one team is clearly going to win, then brags about how he was supporting the winning Team all along.

Congrats...Your a Hypocrite. A truely biased and ignorant hypocrite at that. Only a giant ass of a hypocrite would try and pass off this kind of complete and utter bullshit. Only someone so completely consumed with hatred of another would attempt such a pathetic reason to excuse murder. Your damn right its hypocrisy and thank god it isn't the "way it is" for those of us in touch with reality.

The fact you actually think that a soldier who commits a war crime should be held accountable because, lets face it...he is an American, that was in a foriegn land under orders from his government, but the guerillas that are targeting, kidnapping, beheading innocent civilians and soldiers alike should be excused for their war crimes because they are not of a "proper state"???? <--Liberal rhetoric for, Because YOU personally don't SUPPORT what America's doing in Iraq so instead of murdering criminals these heroes are in your twisted realm of reality "FREEDOM FIGHTERS".

Murder is murder you moronic retard, a war crime is a war crime regardless who commits it. Theres no difference, only your sick and twisted perception. This ludicrous reasoning speaks volumes for your obvious lack of sanity and connection with reality.

Need I mention any further what an anal hate filled, insane little person would admit that young men, women and children dying in Iraq is "entertaining" and brings them some kind of sick pleasure. Bush winning the election really sent your pyschopathic ass over the edge.
don't sugar-coat it, jc - just come right out and tell him how you feel.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-04, 10:55 PM   #31
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
There is no law that binds nations, - there are treaties that bind nations, treaties like the Geneva convention and the several Hague conventions that the U.S. ratified if I'm not mistaken.
The term "international law" sure turns up a lot of search results for something that doesn't exist.

Quote:
And a guerilla fighter and the soldier of a proper state committing crimes are entirely different things. You may call it hypocrisy, but that's the way it is.
How could I call it hypocrisy when you say they're both committing crimes? How could you call it hypocrisy? Seems you're saying they're both subject to laws.

Quote:
No. I will call it a lie and continue to claim there were more than 2,000 civilian deaths. That is called ignorance, - something the average American should be quite familiar with, the only difference being that I choose to be in that state rather than being forced into that state by my lack of ability to inform myself.
That is called lying. That's some impressive bullshit twisting but it's not going to fool anyone with a trace of integrity, it'll just make you look the fool.

Quote:
I wouldn't want Europe to gain that kind of influence. It's about giving these countries the choice between an imperialistic U.S. of A., the neo-stalinist Putin and the moderate EU. We are already seeing that terrorism is concentrating on the U.S. and Russia what more should we wish for?
Wish they forget your support for a brutal dictator that killed millions of them.

Quote:
I hope getting your jollies that way keeps you from torturing puppies or whatever else you get off on.
Old 19-11-04, 11:19 PM   #32
multi
Thanks for being with arse

strange, i always thought the stuckup conservative fuks where the anal ones..

i am sure you can make it fit bill for either..

if you cant comment without making some personal slur..stfu

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-04, 11:38 PM   #33
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by multi
if you cant comment without making some personal slur..stfu
You don't make the rules you bong sucking monkey molester.

Why don't you comment on the topic instead of the people discussing it.

Forget it; way over your head no doubt.
Old 20-11-04, 01:18 AM   #34
multi

Quote:
You don't make the rules you bong sucking monkey molester.

Why don't you comment on the topic instead of the people discussing it.

Forget it; way over your head no doubt.

your posts remind me of a peice of dogshit that i have step around on the pavement
thats about the only input i see from you in this forum..
why do ppl have to stoop to childish name calling..
especialy to new members.

damn conservative egomaniacs..
if your heads where anymore up your asses you would be licking your own eyeballs..

of course i think..
its about time other countries got together
to oppose the monopoly on world power that
gives the US and israel the right do what they like
in the middle-east...
its far from entertaining though..more like an embarrasing
attempt to persuade the western world there is some sort of war going on..
if anything ..one they have created
by targeting muslims and deciding
their holy sites are good places to invade and occupy over the last century or so..

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 20-11-04, 02:39 AM   #35
jcmd62
Alpha Male

There goes that damn jc picking on the new guys again. Jeez multi you act like he was just born. Its obvious the idiot has some pretty fucked up and rather ill conceived views of reality. Further more I don't see him worrying about any seniority you think seems to exist around here.

Could have sworn Gaz set up this forum for the sole purpose of childish name calling and pretty much everything else that isn't allowed in Mambyland. Maybe you need to go make another post about how shocked and outraged you were at the latest celebrity nipple flash. No doubt there is a real issue that needs to be addressed and given the countries full undivided attention.

WTF are we going to do about these trashy sluts flashing their tits???

Really what the hell is this world coming to???????? People like greggy getting their jollies watching young men and women dying, and grown men like multi actually bitching because some celebrity bared her tit. Shits sake..free titty shot and you old fucks are screaming slut, whore, trash and bitching about the quality of her boob job like you just had yours enhanced.
jcmd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-04, 05:31 AM   #36
gregorio

Quote:
So like most passive anal retentive liberals you just "consider yourself" or "support" whatever suits your particlar crusade, just like you do with your votes and support on any issue.
In a certain rationally thinking being vs. religiously motivated lunatic sense you are right. I consider myself and support whatever I deem best for me. I don't believe in the greater cause.

Quote:
Make a choice you wishy washy fuk, your just like that asshole on game day that won't pick a Team to support until one team is clearly going to win, then brags about how he was supporting the winning Team all along.
I thought I had made it clear which team I chose to support.

Quote:
The fact you actually think that a soldier who commits a war crime should be held accountable because, lets face it...he is an American, that was in a foriegn land under orders from his government, but the guerillas that are targeting, kidnapping, beheading innocent civilians and soldiers alike should be excused for their war crimes because they are not of a "proper state"????
Actually, that is what I think. A guerrilla is basically a criminal, a criminal with a cause maybe, but still a criminal. A soldier committing a war crime is completely different, he must be dealt with as an example. Soldiers must abide by the laws, guerrillas are beyond the reach of the law, they may be prosecuted or killed by the law but the only ones whose judgement they must accept are the people they claim to fight for.

Quote:
You really believe that equality stuff they teach you at school? Murder is not murder. One murderer will be executed the other one gets a medal. It's not about what motivates the killing or under what circumstances it happened. It's about how the public and those who are in power perceive the killing. There is no greater justice beyond human justice and that - I am afraid - is totally biased. In the end, it's just about who gets to tell the story. Live with it.

Quote:
Why do you think, people like watching pictures of war in the news? Because they want to be informed? They could have that information without seeing death and destruction. Truth is, it thrills them, it gives them those little adrenalin kicks that others get from playing the latest ego shooter or watching action movies. Men are entertained by watching death and destruction. I don't know which one of the terrorists said “you love life, we love death”, but he was wrong. Everybody loves death.
Old 20-11-04, 06:03 AM   #37
gregorio

Quote:
The term "international law" sure turns up a lot of search results for something that doesn't exist.
Okay, back to the topic. Do you honestly believe there would be any law under which Russia would be prosecuted if it chose to nuke Chechnia? The U.N. can't do anything because Russia is a permanent member of the security council.

Quote:
How could I call it hypocrisy when you say they're both committing crimes? How could you call it hypocrisy? Seems you're saying they're both subject to laws.
Yes they are both subject to laws but for the same crimes, they will not be judged in the same manner. People will forget the deeds of somebody like Al-Sarkawi fairly quickly or make up legends in which he was not as guilty as he might have been but they tend to remember the war crimes committed by a foreign soldier for a long, long time.

Quote:
That is called lying. That's some impressive bullshit twisting but it's not going to fool anyone with a trace of integrity, it'll just make you look the fool.
If I choose which truth to believe, it is not a lie. I can build my own little reality just by choosing which sources are trustworthy and which are not. In this reality, everything that I say is true and everything that you say is a lie. The only question is, whether my little reality is plausible enough to convince enough others. It's sort of an Orwellian scenario but by choosing whose stories to believe, people can change what is commonly accepted as the truth.
If I would say, there were n-thousand deaths as Al-Jazeera (or whatever other source I would come up with) reported it, you could say no, there weren't because Fox News reported something else. I would say you source isn't trustworthy, you would say mine isn't and you would have no way of proving to me and others what you believe is the truth.

Quote:
Wish they forget your support for a brutal dictator that killed millions of them.
We didn't support Saddam Hussein, the U.S. did during the cold war. We did not support the war on Iraq either because we did forsee what would happen. It's plausible, many people will believe it, ergo it's true.

Quote:
I hope getting your jollies that way keeps you from torturing puppies or whatever else you get off on.
I'm way past torturing puppies.
Old 20-11-04, 06:49 AM   #38
multi

Quote:
another post about how shocked and outraged you were at the latest celebrity nipple flash.
i think you have me mixed up with someone else..
anyway i havent even posted in that thread unlike you and albed..
hang on i must go read it
ffs..i dont even know who this reid chick is..

but anyway i am sure you could get me on much lamer topics i have posted about
wich is beside the point and doesnt effect what ever i might post here..sif i give a shit anyway..you know you could call me anything

its much more effective if you try it on every new person on the forum that turns up because you know how ppl will react most of the time..
ie. find a subject on the forum peeps are passionate about (eg.napster)
start a thread bashing it (eg NAPSTERSMAPSTER#x)
call them theives ..etc

you have the seniority no doubt there...
(you are one of the few ppl that ofcourse stick in ones memory from that blur that was the napster forum)
how long you been doing this shit ?

but as much as it may annoy you.. i must say i always have liked you & your posts no matter how venomous they may get sometimes
your posts when you dont vicimize and sterotype
carry a lot more weight imo..but thats just my opinion

anyway i believe this place is pretty good at moderating itself...if a new conservative member was getting attacked by us wishy washy lefties, i would expect you to jump in and say lay off on the personal attack to get your point across..too
i didnt mean to take this off topic..my apologies to the others posting in this thread

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 20-11-04, 07:31 AM   #39
multi

Default on entertainment

97% of news is usualy a mix of something tragic ,avoidable ,sad ..ect
how entertained by all this comes down to how people deal with that on a personal level...often a sense of humour helps to blot out some of the real bad stuff othertimes you can find yourself really empathizing with what ever has happened..this thing has many variables..
people get comfortable with how they deal with things..far from pyschopathic
its probably healthier to have sense of humor or
empathizing without connecting too emotionaly
when objectifying it people
protect themselves from it by putting it all at a distance from themselves. This allows them to see the other people as things or objects that can be treated without having to consider their feelings..all well and good but imoleads people into negitive belief systems wich induce stress..sickness..etc

nearly all of us came away from our TV's on 911 shocked and bewildered
was it entertainment ?
an extreme example but it was riveting television..the 1990 gulf war..people didnt leave their TV's for days watching that..same with the recent invasion
hell.. i even remember JFK assasination stopping regular programming that day to cover that
big world events tend to get lots of airplay

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 20-11-04, 09:49 AM   #40
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Okay, back to the topic. Do you honestly believe there would be any law under which Russia would be prosecuted if it chose to nuke Chechnia? The U.N. can't do anything because Russia is a permanent member of the security council.
International human rights laws are already in existance so Russia's veto wouldn't matter and it's the people committing the crimes that are prosecuted not a whole country. Slobodan Milosevic has found out about international laws, why haven't you?

Quote:
If I choose which truth to believe, it is not a lie. I can build my own little reality just by choosing which sources are trustworthy and which are not. In this reality, everything that I say is true and everything that you say is a lie. The only question is, whether my little reality is plausible enough to convince enough others. It's sort of an Orwellian scenario but by choosing whose stories to believe, people can change what is commonly accepted as the truth.
The truth can't contradict itself. You can claim lies are true but your credibility drops each time you go on record and soon you'll be ignored as just another slimeball.