P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 20-04-04, 08:56 AM   #21
Blind I/O
The Bearer Of The Eyes

Quote:
Originally posted by AweShucks
And he is Holds what office?
David Blunkett - Home secretary (UK)
Old 20-04-04, 11:10 AM   #22
AweShucks
Just Looking Around

Quote:
Originally posted by Blind I/O
David Blunkett - Home secretary (UK)
Thank you Seeing as I don't follow the UK government I'll just take your word for it. Arrogance is based on opinions "with a few exceptions like Kid Rock" while you feel one way, google "and others" say different

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...kett++arrogant
Old 21-04-04, 02:02 AM   #23
tambourine-man
BANG BANG BANG (repeat as necessary)

I can only assume I/O is pulling your leg. David Blunkett is probably one of THE most arrogant polititians in UK politics. In case the US posters require some frame of reference, Blunkett is one of the small group of piliticos attempting to do away with the 'trial-by-jury' system in selected cases. He's also one of the few who is actively pursuing a 'British Patriot Act' along with introducing ID cards (surprisingly, this one has some popular support) - and a host of other positions that DO NOT enjoy public support... The arrogance of the man is breathtaking.

If only his dog could navigate his political blindness.

"I did not authorise the leaking of the name of David Kelly. Nobody was authorised to name David Kelly. I believe we have acted properly throughout" Tony Blair - July 22, 2003
tambourine-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-04, 04:22 AM   #24
Blind I/O
The Bearer Of The Eyes

Hey there tambourine man
Old 21-04-04, 05:52 AM   #25
AweShucks
Just Looking Around

Quote:
Originally posted by tambourine-man
I can only assume I/O is pulling your leg. David Blunkett is probably one of THE most arrogant polititians in UK politics.
Never looked into it really just read a few snipits I don't follow the UK news or politics so pulling my leg was very possible but ineffective

However I did find this for those who choose to believe only what they want to hear. John Kerry arrogant? I can't believe it!

Quote:
KERRY CALLED SECRET SERVICE AGENT 'SON OF A B*TCH' AFTER SLOPE SPILL

Dem presidential candidate John Kerry called his secret service agent a "son of a bitch" after the agent inadvertently moved into his path during a ski mishap in Idaho, sending Kerry falling into the snow.

When asked a moment later about the incident by a reporter on the ski run, Kerry said sharply, "I don't fall down," the "son of a b*itch knocked me over."

http://www.drudgereport.com/kerryid2.htm

Whats a matter to good to fall down? = arrogant

Quote:
The senator was being questioned on an array of topics when Brown stood up and interrupted him as he talked about rebuilding the country's standing in the international community. As Brown kept challenging Kerry, the senator asked the audience for quiet.

"This is democracy, this is the way it works. This is fine, I have no problem with it," Kerry said. Later, as Brown continued, Kerry challenged him, asking, "Are you a Democrat or a Republican? What are you? . . . Did you vote for George Bush?"

Brown replied, "I voted for George Bush, but . . ."

Kerry then interrupted him, saying, "Thank you. See, democracy works both ways."
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/ar...world_support/

Yep = arrogant
Old 21-04-04, 06:51 AM   #26
JackSpratts

gee aweshucks you have no problem defining a liberal as arrogant even if your definition is he gets mad when somebody "knocks him over," or responds in kind when someone keeps interupting him - but that's not arrogance, that's a healthy human reaction. however you're still denying bush is arrogant even when he regularly treats people with contempt who do nothing to him at all. interesting.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-04, 09:32 AM   #27
AweShucks
Just Looking Around

Quote:
Originally posted by JackSpratts
gee aweshucks you have no problem defining a liberal as arrogant even if your definition is he gets mad when somebody "knocks him over," or responds in kind when someone keeps interupting him - but that's not arrogance, that's a healthy human reaction. however you're still denying bush is arrogant even when he regularly treats people with contempt who do nothing to him at all. interesting.

- js.
Aren't we all human? And I never denied Bush was arrogant. As a matter of fact I recall saying all politicians are arrogant........... it's a prerequisite All I did was make something out of nothing kinda like you did
Old 21-04-04, 12:02 PM   #28
JackSpratts

kerry might be arrogant, i don't know - but your examples don't make that case. anyway i'm just busting your chops aweshucks.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-04, 12:57 PM   #29
AweShucks
Just Looking Around

Quote:
Originally posted by JackSpratts
kerry might be arrogant, i don't know - but your examples don't make that case. anyway i'm just busting your chops aweshucks.

- js.

Kerry's statement: "If you liked the first eight years of Bill Clinton, you'll love the first four years of John Kerry."

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/p...20040229.shtml

Is that better

Don't bust my chops too bad Jack this is fun at times