P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 02-04-04, 08:33 AM   #1
span

Default Unemployment up .1% point!!!!!!!!

But of course the real news is 308,000 jobs were created in March:

Quote:
http://money.cnn.com/2004/04/02/news/economy/jobs/index.htm

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - U.S. payrolls grew at the fastest pace in nearly four years in March, the government said Friday, in a report that soared past Wall Street's expectations and could play a pivotal role in Fed policy and the presidential election.

Payrolls outside the farm sector grew by 308,000 jobs in March, the Labor Department reported, compared with a revised gain of 46,000 in February. The unemployment rate rose to 5.7 from 5.6 percent.

Economists, on average, had expected 123,000 new jobs and unemployment at 5.6 percent, according to Briefing.com.

It was the strongest gain in payrolls since a matching gain of 308,000 in April 2000.
jobs are always the last thing to come back after a recession.
span is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-04, 09:36 AM   #2
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Having looked at the stock market lately considering making some investments in mutual funds, I have realized that I should've started a year ago. Some stocks have more than doubled in price over the last year, and the stock market is back to where it was three years ago, if not better.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-04, 10:37 AM   #3
span

i think it'll be nice to see what this bit of info does to the Dow by the end of the day.
Old 02-04-04, 11:04 AM   #4
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally posted by Mazer
Having looked at the stock market lately considering making some investments in mutual funds, I have realized that I should've started a year ago. Some stocks have more than doubled in price over the last year, and the stock market is back to where it was three years ago, if not better.

and if you don't start now you will be saying the same thing a year from now. Don't try to time the market, it is impossible.
Old 02-04-04, 03:25 PM   #5
span

In Attempt to One-Up Bush's Explosive Job Creation, Kerry Promises to Create "Eleventy-Three Bazillion New Jobs"

He says he'll make sure every American has eleven or twelve "good-paying" jobs, and that even infants and toddlers are gainfully employed. "Our babies have had it too soft for too long," the Pandering Princeling said. "They spend all day blowing spit-bubbles and making poopie-stinkies. It's time they started pulling their own weight. It's time they started researching clean and alternative fuel technologies."
Old 02-04-04, 04:19 PM   #6
AweShucks
Just Looking Around

Unemployment up .1% point!!!!!!!!

It's all my employers fault for the this rise. They decided to shut down several plants for an Easter Break. Pretty common actually only some tend to do it more around Xmas or the 4th of July. I'll have a talk with them tonight so they don't feed Johnny Cherry any more ammunition.
Old 02-04-04, 10:46 PM   #7
schmooky007
hi

Quote:
Originally posted by span
In Attempt to One-Up Bush's Explosive Job Creation, Kerry Promises to Create "Eleventy-Three Bazillion New Jobs"

He says he'll make sure every American has eleven or twelve "good-paying" jobs, and that even infants and toddlers are gainfully employed. "Our babies have had it too soft for too long," the Pandering Princeling said. "They spend all day blowing spit-bubbles and making poopie-stinkies. It's time they started pulling their own weight. It's time they started researching clean and alternative fuel technologies."
kerry can promise jobs all he wants. the guy is a liar and anyone who thinks that if kerry becomes president america's unemployment problem will be solved quickly is dumb and delusional. kerry is willing to say anything to get elected, which is why i don't trust him. when george w. bush ran for president, he didn't lie to people. he basically said this is who i am, this is where i stand. kerry on the other hand keeps going back and forth. he's desperate and he'll say anything to get elected.
schmooky007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-04, 11:24 PM   #8
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally posted by schmooky007
when george w. bush ran for president, he didn't lie to people. he basically said this is who i am, this is where i stand.
uh huh. and when bush was running he said he'd be "jawboning" opec to lower oil prices if he was president. c'mon schmooky, bush said whatever he felt like saying if he thought it'd help get him elected - regardless whether he'd actually do it or not. the record is filled with his campaigm promise nonsense. he didn't stop after he got elected either. he's doing it now. this week he even flip-flopped on the 911 commision with rice. he should have let her testify long ago but no, it was the "principle" of the thing. well now that he's allowing her to it shows his principle has taken a back seat to protecting his re-election chances. what else is new.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-04, 06:44 AM   #9
AweShucks
Just Looking Around

Fact of the matter is what people fail to realize just how little of an effect the President has on creating jobs and or boosting the economy. This is a null issue plain and simple
Old 03-04-04, 10:48 AM   #10
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally posted by AweShucks
Fact of the matter is what people fail to realize just how little of an effect the President has on creating jobs and or boosting the economy. This is a null issue plain and simple
agreed. the economy happens in spite of whomever happens happens to be in power, not because of them.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-04, 01:21 PM   #11
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Default this kid got a job..

he's a real celebrity now...
Attached Images

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-04, 02:26 PM   #12
span

oh man, a pre-teen uninterested in a political speech!!?? unheard of!!!!!
Old 03-04-04, 02:39 PM   #13
adonai

And that same pre-teen stood there in the hot auditorium during the 45 minute speech was up until 2 am the night before because he couldn't sleep in anticiapation of getting to see GWB.

Let's put it all in focus.
Old 03-04-04, 02:59 PM   #14
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally posted by schmooky007
kerry is willing to say anything to get elected, which is why i don't trust him. when george w. bush ran for president, he didn't lie to people. he basically said this is who i am, this is where i stand. kerry on the other hand keeps going back and forth. he's desperate and he'll say anything to get elected.
Quote:
Originally posted by adonai
Let's put it all in focus.
indeed - let's put it all in focus:

it's a toss-up as to who has the least credibility - Bush or Kerry. Bush is as dishonest, at least on a policy level, as Clinton was on a personal level.

one thing that the Bushie lapdogs in the media (Limbaugh, Hannity et al) never quite get around to talking about: there is no tactic, trick, smear, scheme, strategy, device, gimmick, ploy, subterfuge that is exclusive to the Dems....the GOP is as desperate to retain power as the Dems are to regain it. which crook is right for you?
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote