P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 09-01-07, 10:09 PM   #1
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Default surge

or escalation. whatever. no matter, the Prez will call for more troops into Iraq tomorrow. finally the Dems are showing some spine in opposing this pointless political move on Bush's part, and they got a lot of support from the GOP too - plus 61% of the public, and most of the military. nobody thinks it will work, also included is the usual pr surge (4th one,no?). the main mission is to quell Bagdhad - good luck with that one:
Quote:
Open War in Baghdad's Amel District
No Security Forces Present
By NIR ROSEN Posted 18 hr. 20 min. ago
The civil war has erupted fully in Baghdad’s Amel district. Amel is in Karkh, or the western half of Baghdad, near the airport road and it is now the worst part of Baghdad. Sunni and Shia militias have been engaging in open warfare since last Thursday afternoon. Terrified residents have been hiding in their homes since then but they report fighters running through the streets, shooting and occupying homes. Firefights last for hours and mortar shells are falling. There is no sign of Iraqi police, Iraqi army or American forces. The edge of Amel, close to the Bayaa district is known by the tribal name of al Mughases and is controlled by the Mahdi Army.
the Prez will ask for just a few more years to get it right in Iraq - just enough to hand the whole thing off to the next Prez. let's see if new Congress has the balls to do what it was elected to do.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-07, 09:07 AM   #2
albed
flippin 'em off

Lmao! Are you still clinging to that fantasy? The democrat led House has already given itself a day off for a football game, and the "first 100 hours" are now going to start later in the session than the real "first 100 hours". It's like the runner controls the time clock and is going to decide how long it took to circle the track. You thought the republicans were corrupt?...

The dems don't have the courage for even the little things so a big thing like Iraq is only going to incite some more empty rhetoric from them.

Wake-up time.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-07, 09:45 AM   #3
RDixon

Operation "Enduring Stupidity" continues until Bush is either forcibly removed from office or his term expires; whichever comes first.

This fool is not qualified to be commander - in - chief of a boy scout troop, let alone the entire US military as the actionable failures of the past 5 years so plainly show.
RDixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-07, 11:01 AM   #4
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

Well it has to be said.
I thinks albed's got it wrong.
I know it's hard to belive,but there you are.
Old 10-01-07, 10:16 PM   #5
vernarial
The Fungus Among Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by malvachat View Post
Well it has to be said.
I thinks albed's got it wrong.
I know it's hard to belive,but there you are.
You think so? *strong sarcasm*
I can't believe we in the USA have had to deal with this dimwitted bully of a president for 6 years already. I am not looking forward to the last 2. Of course Albed does have a point about both parties being corrupt.
P2P Consortium
vernarial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-07, 11:12 AM   #6
RDixon

Unchanged Melody
by George W Bush and the far-Righteous Brothers

Oh, Iraq, my darling,
I've hungered for your oil, a long lonely time.
Time goes by so slowly, and time can do so much,
Are you still mine?

I need your oil.
I need your oil.
God speed your oil to me.

Lonely soldiers flow to the sea to the sea,
to the open arms of the sea.
Dying soldiers cry wait for me wait for me,
I'll be coming home, wait for me.

I need your oil.
I need your oil.
God speed your oil to me.

By: Justin Frank and posted on the huffington post today.
RDixon is offline   Reply With Quote