P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 07-04-02, 04:00 PM   #1
Lowdown!
Information and Knowledge is Power!

Big Laugh KaZaA

Wouldn't you just like to get better quality downloads for your audio in Kazaa as those dam people at Sharman Networks have limited your download quality to 128 kbps. As far as I can see it is for copyright reasons so you cant download perfect quality audio like all of us would like. Well im gonna explain how to get rid of this small annoying restriction in Kazaa. Which it also works in the new version 1.6 (which is looking better than ever).

Well I got board one night and was scrolling through my registry to make some tweaks and came across this in the Kazaa keys. Well here we go........

1. Go to your start menu and run start and type regedit (just for people it dont know how to edit the registry)
2. Click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
3. Scroll down to Software and then click on it.
4. Scroll down and find the Kazaa directory.
5. When you have this selected it there should be a Dword which says LimitBitrate (but if not you can easily add one by going to edit, new Dword value. Enter LimitBitrate).
6. Double click on it and change the decimal value to zero

There we go now you should beable to download thos 360kbps files. I have found a few but they are rare remeber everyone has that problem so the music they share is usualy on 128 or less. Happy hunting.....
Old 09-04-02, 10:16 AM   #2
Rish

Yeah, someone e-mailed me from my site a while ago with another Reg hack to stop KaZaA from limiting the amount of search results to 100. I'm not too sure whether it works, but give it a go. Failing that, just get KaZaA Lite... Here's the e-mail:

"Hi, i raed your site al the time and i come across how you said you cant get morethen 100 results in kazaa and i searched kazaa(hehe)and found out how to change the max results to what ever you want.

How to Set MAXIMUM SEARCH Beyond 100

Using the Regedit program in Windows, you can expand the number of search items that KAZAA/Morpheus will return.

To do it:
a) click the Windows "Start Menu" button
b) click "Run"
c) type "regedit" and hit
d) click the "+" in front of "HKEY_CURRENT_USER"
e) click the "+" in front of "software"
f) click the "+" in front of KAZZA/Morpheus (whichever you have)
g) click on the folder in front of "Advanced"
h) double click "MaxSearchResult"(in the right-hand window)
i) click on the circle in front of "decimal"
j) change the Value Data field (to something like "500")
k) click on "OK"
l) close regedit (by clicking on the "X" in the extreme upper right corner of the regedit window)

The next time you run a search in KAZAA/Morpheus, you will be able to receive more than the normal 100 result limit.

PLEASE NOTE: if you make any changes to (or just visit) your Tools:Options:advanced screen, it will complain about your maximum search count being too high. You will need to cancel out of the screen (OK won't let you out!)

I thought were you did such a good job on your site id thank you with this.

PS: your site is the best for filesharing reviews "

(Btw, my site address is http://www.taxster.cjb.net - sorry for the cheap plug ).
Rish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-02, 12:41 PM   #3
zombywoof

Quote:
Originally posted by Rish
Yeah, someone e-mailed me from my site a while ago with another Reg hack to stop KaZaA from limiting the amount of search results to 100. I'm not too sure whether it works, but give it a go. Failing that, just get KaZaA Lite... Here's the e-mail:

"Hi, i raed your site al the time and i come across how you said you cant get morethen 100 results in kazaa and i searched kazaa(hehe)and found out how to change the max results to what ever you want.

How to Set MAXIMUM SEARCH Beyond 100

Using the Regedit program in Windows, you can expand the number of search items that KAZAA/Morpheus will return.

To do it:
a) click the Windows "Start Menu" button
b) click "Run"
c) type "regedit" and hit
d) click the "+" in front of "HKEY_CURRENT_USER"
e) click the "+" in front of "software"
f) click the "+" in front of KAZZA/Morpheus (whichever you have)
g) click on the folder in front of "Advanced"
h) double click "MaxSearchResult"(in the right-hand window)
i) click on the circle in front of "decimal"
j) change the Value Data field (to something like "500")
k) click on "OK"
l) close regedit (by clicking on the "X" in the extreme upper right corner of the regedit window)

The next time you run a search in KAZAA/Morpheus, you will be able to receive more than the normal 100 result limit.

PLEASE NOTE: if you make any changes to (or just visit) your Tools:Options:advanced screen, it will complain about your maximum search count being too high. You will need to cancel out of the screen (OK won't let you out!)

I thought were you did such a good job on your site id thank you with this.

PS: your site is the best for filesharing reviews "

(Btw, my site address is http://www.taxster.cjb.net - sorry for the cheap plug ).

I've never seen that reg hack work. Yes, you can change the number in the registry but when doing a popular search, I never got past 110 -120 results. Even when I had the max set to 100, I could still receive over 100, but never more than 120 max. If I set it for 300, I'd still never see more than 120.
zombywoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-02, 01:36 PM   #4
indiana_jones
B2B Protagonist ... Life is ... Bubble to Bubble ... Beer to Beer ... love a VLAIBB (Very Lonesome Artificial Intelligence Brained Bubble) @ http://www.geocities.com/vlaibb vlaibb@yahoo.com

Quote:
by oscar:
I've never seen that reg hack work. Yes, you can change the number in the registry but when doing a popular search, I never got past 110 -120 results. Even when I had the max set to 100, I could still receive over 100, but never more than 120 max. If I set it for 300, I'd still never see more than 120.
it doesn't work for me too - maybe it worked for the first kazaa clients, but it would simply kill the network if it was so simply -

think they put a hard limit on it in the clients - the count over 100 might be the not counted multisources
UUHash:=1LDYkHDl65OprVz37xN1VSo9b00=

Copy the lines above and use 'Paste from Clipboard' function of
sig2dat 3.11.a (supports quicklinks) to create a startfile for your FastTrack p2p client for safe download

indiana_jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-02, 02:55 PM   #5
ssj4_android
Redefining Reality

Yeah, those are common knowledge, aren't they? I haven't gotten the search limit thing to work either.
ssj4_android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-02, 03:02 PM   #6
Rish

Yep......didn't work for me either.... :/
Rish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-02, 03:36 PM   #7
BuzzB2K
Just another cat on the FastTrack...

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by ssj4_android
Yeah, those are common knowledge, aren't they? I haven't gotten the search limit thing to work either.

I don't want to discourage Lowdown! because he always comes up with so many Interesting & Informative hints, tips or tweaks in the Byte Bits Forum, but I am afraid that here in the Peer to Peer Forum he might just be Preaching to the Choir...
BuzzB2K is offline   Reply With Quote