P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 09-10-02, 02:10 PM   #1
napho
Dawn's private genie

Default The Great Unwashed are itching for Diet Kaza 2.0 Beta 2

Only a few beta testers have it; the rest of us can only wait.

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 4:23 am Post subject: Sneak Peek At Diet Kaza 2.0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Tuesday, Diet Kaza 2.0 beta 2 was released to those who where officially able to get first crack at testing it. Many people have been speculating on what new features and tricks Chip Warner, the creator, has in store for the many fans of Diet Kaza. As being a long time fan, moderator of the website and official beta tester, let me assure you that you will love the new Diet Kaza when it officially comes out.

In the last few days, beta 1 was reported and seen on various newsgroups and forums. Even thou the program was new and very buggy for the most part. Chip is trying his best not to let this version and/or any future versions to falling into the hands of Sharman Network, KaZaA owner, just yet. Several people have been asking and begging for him to give them a copy. But he has been very strict and cautious with this version than the last. Chip has stated in the Official Diet Kaza Chat Room “Do not post or spread to non-beta testers, otherwise I will delay (or discontinue) beta 3.”

Since the new version KaZaA 2.0, Sharman Networks has developed and/or changed the coding in the software to block out a lot of the features. So Diet Kaza was reworked and/or recoded to be compatible with the new the version. Diet Kaza beta still has all the great features from the previous version like “More Results”, “More Sources” and “DK DX (Download aXcelerator)”. Plus many new features like able to “Stabilize My Participation Level”, a new address bar, and able to “Pause All” and “Resume All” downloads. Also Diet Kaza has the ability to “Shut Down KaZaA or Windows” when done downloading a file. As stated before on the website, the new version will be free. To cover the cost, DK gives you two choices of either having a web banner or a popup ad. So don’t complain about it, because really you are getting a great program for nothing.

As for an official date, there isn’t going to be one, so Chip doesn’t want to be pressed in getting DK done on a certain deadline. That way he can take his time and won’t have to push out a buggy program onto the public. But hopefully, Chip won’t keep everyone on pins and needles. But until you can get a first sneak peek at what Diet Kaza is going to look just click here: Diet Kaza Sneak Peek 1 and Diet Kaza Sneak Peek 2. But for now many of you will just have to wait for the official release of Diet Kaza.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dkss2.jpg
Views:	1580
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	2926  
napho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-02, 03:16 PM   #2
[Dark]
1981 - 2003

i don't get why chip is so self conscious about letting ppl use it...i donated money so i feel i should be getting new versions when they are released
[Dark] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-02, 06:24 PM   #3
[Dark]
1981 - 2003

ok i got beta 2

it is slick
[Dark] is offline   Reply With Quote