P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 09-10-02, 10:26 AM   #1
catflap

Post looking for v2kazaa in english

hi everyone. my first post here.

i use grokster 1.5.1 with dietk 1.03. i had to block the dietk urls in my hosts file because it kept giving me adware/spyware/cookies that ad-aware identified. (sorry about that.) and because of that, i can't update my dietk. i know, i can temporarily remove it from my hosts file, but is there another place that is hosting dietk downloads?

JackSpratts (a member here) suggested to me that i might find info here on where i can get a clean v2 kazaa in english, but i haven't been able to find it here. he gave me the site for the french version, but i can't use that.

does anyone here know where i can get a clean v2 kazaa in english?

thanks for any help.
catflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-02, 11:33 AM   #2
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Kazaa Lite 2.0.0 (english) can be downloaded from www.k-lite.tk.

No adware/spyware.

The "helper" program is also there if you want it.

Note: remove Grokster or other versions of Kazaa before installing Kazaa 2.0.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-02, 11:35 AM   #3
SA_Dave
Guardian of the Maturation Chamber

You can get it here.

If you want KazaaLite (no spyware in installer, includes "SpeedUp" 1.3.1, Sig2Dat 3.11a & optional hosts file, slightly altered menus, icons & buttons), you can find it here.

And welcome BTW.
SA_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-02, 11:43 AM   #4
alphabeater

...or you could just install a normal kazaa v2 from kazaa.com, uncheck 'install all partner software' during the installation, and replace the cd_clint.dll in your windows\system folder with the one in this zip file.

that way your kazaa's spyware/adware free, and you don't have to hunt around for a clean/lite version with every new version that you want to get.
alphabeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-02, 12:44 PM   #5
catflap

Thumbs up

thanks everyone!

i'm going to pass those links on to a few people who i know are trustworthy. have you ever been to http://homenet.rouben.net/p2pzone/index.php ?

i've had the cd_clint.dll dummy since it began.

i also have sig2dat. i've posted 500+ quicklinks at fasttrackmovies.com in the last week.

i suppose that 'speedup' is like fasttrack accelerator or dietk download accelerator? so, do i really need speedup if i have dietk? also, like i said, i've blocked the dietk urls because when i turned on my dietk with grokster, it gave me adware/spyware/cookies which ad-aware identified. so now my grokster browser is blank. is there another place to get dietk downloads/updates?

i have a hosts file i got from dietk in the past, and now i've downloaded the hosts files from these other links. should i just copy/paste their contents into my hosts file, or can i have more than 1 hosts file with winme, like a 'hosts1' or 'hosts2 file?

i use ptrack. is there any reason why i should use 'dat view' instead?

oh btw. i used to give a lot of support in the grokster support pages. i had over 1000 posting before the censorship and delays. and the message counhters also stopped. but now i rarely go there. it sucks there, so i'm looking at different places. it looks good here.
Old 09-10-02, 01:19 PM   #6
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally posted by catflap
thanks everyone! it looks good here.
hey catflap, i knew you'd make out here. you were indeed "all over" the grokster support forums and we're glad you've stopped by nu. make your self at home and enjoy the boards. you'll find our touch a bit lighter.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-02, 05:41 PM   #7
catflap

Red Face

hi jack.

i knew i was sort of 'famous', but i had no idea that my notoriety/infamous-ness stretched this far.
Old 10-10-02, 12:09 PM   #8
SA_Dave
Guardian of the Maturation Chamber

Quote:
i suppose that 'speedup' is like fasttrack accelerator or dietk download accelerator? so, do i really need speedup if i have dietk?
Speedup is just another name for FTA. If you're happy with dietk's d/l accelerator, then FTA/speedup is probably unnecessary. I prefer FTA because it has more options, which is important to me as a modem user.

Quote:
also, like i said, i've blocked the dietk urls because when i turned on my dietk with grokster, it gave me adware/spyware/cookies which ad-aware identified. so now my grokster browser is blank. is there another place to get dietk downloads/updates?
Ask around on these or the k-lite boards. I can't help you anymore than that because I personally don't use it.

Quote:
i have a hosts file i got from dietk in the past, and now i've downloaded the hosts files from these other links. should i just copy/paste their contents into my hosts file, or can i have more than 1 hosts file with winme, like a 'hosts1' or 'hosts2 file?
You can just c&p, but it's much easier using Hostess. It's very convenient for editing & merging hosts files.

Quote:
i use ptrack. is there any reason why i should use 'dat view' instead?
ptrack is great for profile-switching, but the renaming & viewing features aren't that great. The dat viewer gives you more control ie. it allows you to make backups, compress partial files to save disk-space or even process partial .avi files for previewing.
SA_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote