P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 10-12-02, 09:27 AM   #1
naz
-

Evil Black Grin Bit Torrent

I've been using this odd little app for very new tv releases ... it claims to be unleechable, check it out here.

http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/

Quote:
You have a great product, many customers, and are delivering your product to hordes of happy customers online. Serving large files creates problems of scaling, flash crowds, and reliability. As you grow, they become more central to your business, but your bandwidth costs go up as well. It's a vicious cycle.

There is a solution. BitTorrent is a simple software product which addresses all of these problems.

The key to cheap file distribution is to tap the unutilized upload capacity of your customers. It's free. Their contribution grows at the same rate as their demand, creating limitless scalability for a fixed cost.

Problem: more customers require more bandwidth

The BitTorrent Solution: customers help distribute content

BitTorrent is not just a concept, but has a functioning implementation, already capable of swarming downloads across unreliable networks. This is the result of over a year of intensive development.
I’ve been a little down because today my doctor diagnosed me with John Travolta Syndrome. It’s a condition where your face or head grows laterally, getting wider year by year. It’s not so much of a problem and it’s nothing to be ashamed of, it’s just a condition. In fact mine is good because it means my brain is getting bigger too. But not that Travolta guy, his head is mostly fat. The doctors said I am much smarter than John Travolta and I believe them.
naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-02, 09:34 AM   #2
JackSpratts

hey naz, more details please. what are you using it for (customers)? do they know they're letting you use their u/l bandwidth (how 'bout the ones that are metered by their isp)? is it any different from the dreaded altnet? thanx

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-02, 09:39 AM   #3
naz
-

Well, it seems to be used by primarily by cappers to distribute very new content which isn't retained for very long.

I started using it to get the finale of the sopranos a few hours after it was broadcast.

check releases here ... http://turok.info

Quote:
BitTorrent

What is BitTorrent?

BitTorrent is a protocol for distributing files. It identifies content by url and is designed to integrate seamlessly with the web. Its advantage over plain http is that when multiple downloads of the same file happen concurrently, the downloaders upload to each other, making it possible for the file source to support very large numbers of downloaders with only a modest increase in its load.

Ok, what is BitTorrent in plain English?

BitTorrent is a program you download. It is similar to a peer-to-peer file sharing service. Basically it goes like this: You download the installer. You get the link to a file that ends in .torrent and enter that URL into your browser (preferably Internet Explorer). This opens the BitTorrent download window. It starts downloading the file, or episode that you wanted (ex. alias2x01.torrent). As it downloads, it uploads the parts that you have to other people, so many people can get it at once. When you've finished downloading the file, you can leave the window open (don't press finish or close the window) and other people can still download from you. This is very much encouraged.
I’ve been a little down because today my doctor diagnosed me with John Travolta Syndrome. It’s a condition where your face or head grows laterally, getting wider year by year. It’s not so much of a problem and it’s nothing to be ashamed of, it’s just a condition. In fact mine is good because it means my brain is getting bigger too. But not that Travolta guy, his head is mostly fat. The doctors said I am much smarter than John Travolta and I believe them.
naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-02, 10:22 AM   #4
JackSpratts

swarmer. very different from altnet. wonder how it goes w//opera/moz. ok thanks naz.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-02, 04:19 PM   #5
napho
Dawn's private genie

This has alot of promise but right now it's short on content. The hotlinks are like sig2dat but the lack of files reminds me of MusIRC or dotget. I see it was a hot topic here---> http://www.fasttrackmovies.com/forum...?TOPIC_ID=1227
napho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-02, 06:21 PM   #6
relic
gone for good

i've been using it to get some episodes of Taken and find it weird but a very neat idea. the downloads usually start pretty slow but speed up to 100 k/s while at the same time uploading at 30-40 k/s. i suggest it to anyone who would like to get tv epi. on the puter.
relic is offline   Reply With Quote