P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 26-02-07, 03:26 PM   #1
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Sleepy US funding terrorists - for a good cause, of course

Telegraph.co.uk:

US funds terror groups to sow chaos in Iran

Quote:
America is secretly funding militant ethnic separatist groups in Iran in an attempt to pile pressure on the Islamic regime to give up its nuclear programme.

In a move that reflects Washington's growing concern with the failure of diplomatic initiatives, CIA officials are understood to be helping opposition militias among the numerous ethnic minority groups clustered in Iran's border regions.

The operations are controversial because they involve dealing with movements that resort to terrorist methods in pursuit of their grievances against the Iranian regime.

Such a policy is fraught with risk, however. Many of the groups share little common cause with Washington other than their opposition to President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, whose regime they accuse of stepping up repression of minority rights and culture.

The Baluchistan-based Brigade of God group, which last year kidnapped and killed eight Iranian soldiers, is a volatile Sunni organisation that many fear could easily turn against Washington after taking its money.

A row has also broken out in Washington over whether to "unleash" the military wing of the Mujahedeen-e Khalq (MEK), an Iraq-based Iranian opposition group with a long and bloody history of armed opposition to the Iranian regime.

The group is currently listed by the US state department as terrorist organisation, but Mr Pike said: "A faction in the Defence Department wants to unleash them. They could never overthrow the current Iranian regime but they might cause a lot of damage."
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it." - Noam Chomsky
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-07, 03:34 PM   #2
albed
flippin 'em off

Seems like a good cause alright. They can use my tax money.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-07, 08:27 PM   #3
Nicobie

Hey TG

It's too late.

The world has already fucked the pooch by letting Israel have atomic weapons.

Now we all have to deal with it. It does no good crying over spilt milk.

If you want to do something positive in your life, don't make a bunch of babies. Most everything else is really out of your (and mine) control anyway.

Old 26-02-07, 11:27 PM   #4
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Quote:
If you want to do something positive in your life, don't make a bunch of babies.
you truly are a moron..

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-07, 06:10 AM   #5
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed View Post
Seems like a good cause alright. They can use my tax money.
6 years of apologies for the Bush administration have actually brought you 180 degrees out, to the point where you would financially support groups who are aligned with Al Queda. congratulations.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-07, 08:15 AM   #6
albed
flippin 'em off

It doesn't say anywhere that they're aligned with Al Queda but you can pretend they are of course since the truth means nothing to liberals.

Sticking up for Iran now? Anyone who shares your hatred for the U.S., huh?
Old 27-02-07, 08:26 AM   #7
vernarial
The Fungus Among Us

Another example of how hypocritical the USA has been. We are in a war with terrorists and we are funding them as well. Terrorist tactics are alright if it works in our favor, but if they don't then they are evil? Bah!
P2P Consortium
vernarial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-07, 10:03 AM   #8
theknife

Quote:
It doesn't say anywhere that they're aligned with Al Queda but you can pretend they are of course since the truth means nothing to liberals.

Sticking up for Iran now? Anyone who shares your hatred for the U.S., huh?
read it and weep, my boy - your ideology is circling the drain. sleeping with the enemy, funnelling tax dollars to the jihadists, Iran-Contra all over again, funding Al Queda to take on Hezzbollah - how low can you go?
Quote:
BLITZER: Near the end of your article, you have this explosive point in there about John Negroponte, who is now going to be the deputy secretary of state, as opposed to the head of U.S. intelligence.

You write this: “I was subsequently told by the two government consultants and the former senior intelligence officials that the echoes of Iran-Contra were a factor in Negroponte’s decision to resign from the National Intelligence directorship and accept the position of deputy secretary of state.”

Explain what you were hearing, because that is obviously a very explosive charge.

HERSH: Yes. It is probably the single most explosive, if you will, or depressing — or distressing sort of thing I discovered in the last few months, which is simply this. This administration has made a policy change, a decision that they are going to put all of the pressure they can on the Shiites, that is the Shiite regime in Iran, the Shiite — and they are also doing everything they can to stop Hezbollah — which is Shiite, the Hezbollah organization from getting any control or any more of a political foothold in Lebanon.

So they essentially, I quote the — I saw Nasrallah, the head of Hezbollah, and he described it this way, as “fitna (ph),” the Arab word for “civil war.” As far as he is concerned, we are interested in recreating what is happening in Iraq in Lebanon, that is Sunni versus Shia. And in looking into that story, and I saw him in December, I found this. That we have been pumping money, a great deal of money, without congressional authority, without any congressional oversight, Prince Bandar of Saudi Arabia is putting up some of this money, for covert operations in many areas of the Middle East where we think that the — we want to stop the Shiite spread or the Shiite influence.

They call it the “Shiite Crescent.” And a lot of this money, and I can’t tell you with absolute certainty how — exactly when and how, but this money has gotten into the hands — among other places, in Lebanon, into the hands of three — at least three jihadist groups. There are three Sunni jihadist groups whose main claim to fame inside Lebanon right now is that they are very tough. These are people connected to al Qaeda who want to take on Hezbollah. So this government, at the minimum, we may not directly be funneling money to them, but we certainly know that these groups exist.

My government, which arrests al Qaeda every place it can find them and send — some of them are n Guantanamo and other places, is sitting back while the Lebanese government we support, the government of Prime Minister Siniora, is providing arms and sustenance to three jihadist groups whose sole function, seems to me and to the people that talk to me in our government, to be there in case there is a real shoot-’em-up with Hezbollah and we really get into some sort of serious major conflict between the Sunni government and Hezbollah, which is largely Shia, who are basically — or as you know, there is a coalition headed by Hezbollah that is challenging the government right now, demonstrations, sit-ins.

There has been some violence. So America, my country, without telling Congress, using funds not appropriated, I don’t know where, by my sources believe much of the money obviously came from Iraq where there is all kinds of piles of loose money, pools of cash that could be used for covert operations. - CNN
http://www.newyorker.com/fact/conten...5fa_fact_hersh

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/02/25/hersh-qaeda/
Old 27-02-07, 10:19 AM   #9
albed
flippin 'em off

The guy talks like a drunken retard having a stroke; so to you he must seem like a genius.

Quote:
So this government, at the minimum, we may not directly be funneling money to them, but we certainly know that these groups exist.
WOW!!! Mind blowing stuff knife.
Old 27-02-07, 11:35 AM   #10
JackSpratts

Quote:
So this government, at the minimum, we may not directly be funneling money to them, but we certainly know that these groups exist.
Quote:
The guy talks like a drunken retard having a stroke; so to you he must seem like a genius.

left out the previous sentence there sport:

Quote:
These are people connected to al Qaeda who want to take on Hezbollah.
allbed, you al qaeda apologist rogue you.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-07, 12:17 PM   #11
albed
flippin 'em off

The subject was changed from Iran to Lebanon there slick.

You gotta pay more attention.

And you can nest quotes within quotes you know.

Quote:

Quote:
Old 27-02-07, 06:56 PM   #12
theknife

Quote:
actually, he's Seymour Hersh, arguably the top investigative journalist in the country and a Pultizer Prize winner. you just don't like him coz he makes you look like a nitwit.
Old 27-02-07, 07:06 PM   #13
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

I don’t know for a fact that the U.S. is funding terrorist actions against the Iranian Government.

I would go so far as to say that it may be occurring. It won’t be the first time the U.S. has covertly funded such programs. Needless to say, such programs are not without risks.

Since Iran is threatening Israel and the U.S. with annihilation, it’s a "no-brainer" why the U.S. would be more than a little concerned about what Iran is doing. Iran has already demonstrated ICBM capability, all they need is a nuke. As far as we know, they can’t make the necessary nuclear materials at the present, but they could acquire it.

If Iran can fund/supply terrorists against the U.S., why can’t the U.S. fund terrorists against Iran? Quid pro quo. If Iran doesn't like it, that's though stuff.

A lot of Iranian people are already unhappy with their President and his threatening talk. It probably won’t take much encouragement to make a change in government happen. It won’t take an invasion by the U.S..

Since the Dems do not seem to want the U.S. to stand against terrorism there should be no problem. If terrorism is bad we should be able to fight it in Iraq and Afghanistan, or elsewhere. If a stand against terrorism is bad, that means terrorism is an acceptable practice and we should be able to use it also.

In any case, the fight is “over there” and not in New York or another U.S. city. I would much rather the fight remain “over there”.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-07, 07:14 PM   #14
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife View Post
actually, he's Seymour Hersh, arguably the top investigative journalist in the country and a Pultizer Prize winner. you just don't like him coz he makes you look like a nitwit.
I'm not impressed. The bumbling dolt can hardly even construct a proper sentence.

If you thought there was something relevant in that pile, I couldn't find it.
Old 27-02-07, 09:13 PM   #15
Nicobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by multi View Post
you truly are a moron..
And you are truly showing your stupidity.

You feel that this poor over stressed world needs more people?

I thought that you had at least a bit of a brain...
Old 27-02-07, 09:40 PM   #16
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicobie View Post
You feel that this poor over stressed world needs more people?
It sure as hell didn't need you.

The more difficult life becomes the more the unfit will be weeded out.

So I can see why you worry.
Old 27-02-07, 10:57 PM   #17
vernarial
The Fungus Among Us

Quote:
If Iran can fund/supply terrorists against the U.S., why can’t the U.S. fund terrorists against Iran? Quid pro quo. If Iran doesn't like it, that's though stuff.
I thought we were supposed to be an example of a civilized nation. Of the "right" way to do things. Not stoop to the level of terrorists. Hell we don't even do our own dirty work. We get the CIA to secretly pay someone else to do it.
P2P Consortium
Old 28-02-07, 05:41 AM   #18
albed
flippin 'em off

Wtf do you think Iran does?

If you don't think the U.S. is a civilized nation then leave. It's easy.

Smarter people than you are taking care of this country and it's a never ending source of amusement to hear from the huge numbers of barely educated, incredibly ignorant people who think they know better.
Old 28-02-07, 08:34 AM   #19
vernarial
The Fungus Among Us

Quote:
If you don't think the U.S. is a civilized nation then leave. It's easy.
If you don't think I have the right to think and say what I please while remaining in what should be the greatest country in the world, then FUCK OFF. It's easy.

Now I gotta go to work.
P2P Consortium
Old 28-02-07, 09:08 AM   #20
albed
flippin 'em off

Of course you can say what you want and what you're saying is you don't like the U.S. And since you're free to go elsewhere, why don't you?

Seems you're either full of bullshit or you're too scared to do what you want.