P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 14-09-02, 07:05 AM   #1
goldie
yea, it's me.

NoSmiley Old news I know: DOJ will begin prosecuting file sharers?

Land of the free - Home of the brave indeed!

We're gonna git cha!

I've seen and read the warnings and threats not only here but in other places. I knew they were trying, I just didn't think they'd go after us as if we were a bunch of terrorists.

Quote:

Under the NET Act, signed by President Clinton in 1997, it is a federal crime to share copies of copyrighted products such as software, movies or music with anyone, even friends or family members...........

Really?! Damn, think about all those lp to cassette recordings i've made over the years - tons and tons. Oh Wait! Let's not forget all those tv programs and rental tapes i've recorded for family members, friends and neighbors either.

Well, looks like we've been criminals for years before this lame ass law was conceived. Even those of us who've never owned a computer in our lives are criminals (I chuckled as I think that now we've all purchased a computer, we're now thought of as Super Criminals). Thank goodness none of us will be prosecuted for our previous misbehaviors.

Well hell, I'm even kicking myself in the ass and feeling mighty forkin' guilty for giving my 50 cent newspaper or $3.00 magazine to some stranger I happen to pass on the street or who happened to sit at the restaurant table I occupied while eating dinner (I'll assume they're criminals too for accepting the copy?).

It seems like such hypocritical behavior, them hunting us down like the literal pirates-of-the-high-seas they make us out to be. Funny how well padded some of those same officials' pockets have become from sharing tactics of another sort. The product not mp3s or warez, but actual dollars and cents!!

Good jobs guys and gals. Fine examples you all set out for us.

Fine example they make for all of us, eh?

I reckon since the war on drugs has proven to be a grand failure and this new war on terrorism is looking more and more like Vietnam, they now intend to create the new war on the file sharing community. Finally, a winnable war?!

You no good file sharing pirates shall be the death of the entire world as we know it. You have proven yourselves to be dangerous and deadly members of society and must be eliminated at ALL costs.

Oh goodie, another war with a questionable outcome.

To my fellow file sharers I say to you: Bloody good job and keep up the good work for as long as you can/dare.

Pardon my rant. I'm just getting mighty fed up with this governmental bullcrap and I knew you all could understand where I'm coming from. It's getting to the point where I wonder what country I'm living in these days.
goldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-02, 04:57 AM   #2
multi
Thanks for being with arse

with every bombing and every war if you look last century, it gave those in power the right to change the laws and the basic human rights
each of us ,have had stripped away from us
bit by bit since say the WW2 era...
selling off public assets,rampant polution...ect ect
if these PIGS get their way can u imagine the world our kids will have when they are our age...

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-02, 05:16 AM   #3
Mowzer
'

Re: Help needed.

Someone take this shiny quarter I have, and send it to Hilary Rosen (RIAA fame) so she can go downtown and buy a rat to gnaw that mole off the side of her face.

Thanks in advanced,

Ethen

Downloading a million files a second? Share. Its not just a good idea, its the law.
Mowzer is offline   Reply With Quote