P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 04-09-02, 09:24 AM   #1
Merijn

Default FastTrack .dat manager/viewer 0.4 BETA

Here's a handy hacker's tool (that I planned on writing myself someday) you all might like. Found it on ZeroPaid.com

Quote:
Just released: a Beta version
it can help you to:

* see how much data you have downloaded, and how much good data blocks are, and where are they situated. This way you can know, for example, if you can't view or hear some file because you haven't still downloaded its beginning...
* preview your partially downloaded files,

letting you to construct files with your data compacted, without intermediate gaps which still don't contain valid data. This way, the resulting file contains only data from the original archive, which can greatily help the other programs that you'll later use to preview or extract that data:
o incomplete .AVI previewers
o incomplete .zip repair programs...
o .rar archiver

* compress more your partially downloaded files, by filling the gaps without valid data, with zeros (0x0) or ones (0x1), which should improve the percentage of compression.

You can choose from two methods of filling gaps:
o obtaining a file that can be restarted by your Kazaa program (with .dat info)
o (program option complete .dat file, fill gaps with hex. 'FF' or '00') obtaining a file that can not be restarted by your Kazaa program (without .dat info)

* (progam option data and gaps, fill gaps with hex. 'FF' or '00') any other thing that you can imagine...
(except for flying, and things like that...)
Right-clicking in any part of the program (except on the edit control) will let you select the "advanced" option (or with Ctrl+A), which will show all the information stored in the .dat, including ip directions of users and super-nodes, and others.
Link to idlel00p homepage
Merijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-02, 03:23 PM   #2
SA_Dave
Guardian of the Maturation Chamber

Did you successfully download it? I tried about 7 times several days ago & it failed each time (Opera gave me a corrupted archive message & I did empty the cache each time.)

This program sounds so much more promising & feature-rich than Pseudotrack's renaming tool. It should be great for people who don't know what they're doing. However I've become so proficient at doing it all manually, using a hex editor to read the .dat files & comparing to reg entries & .dbb files, that I'm not going to risk a potentially buggy or unreliable method anytime soon!
SA_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-02, 10:02 AM   #3
Merijn

I'm mirroring the file at http://www.geocities.com/merijn_bell...a-dat_view.zip (246 K download)

Don't flood my Geocities account folks
Merijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-02, 10:28 AM   #4
spstn
No Nonsense Nonsense

Default Original link A-OK

I just re-downloaded it to be sure, and the original link works fine. It took 3 sec max (DSL).

Just go to zeropaid, go to the lower left corner of the posting, and press the inconspicuous "Link" almost lost there.

Thanks for the heads-up and mirror Merijn.

spstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-02, 12:32 PM   #5
kento
Apprentice Napsterite

This is a GREAT program! its really cool to see how much of a file HAS REALLY BEEN downloaded by fasttrack client in its 'segments' and from who....BRA-fucking-O to whomever made this little baby...its quite useful and probably has more potential...it still hasn't reached 1.0 yet....reminds me a little of AYB's old work with dat files...AYB did u collaborate on this?

very cool.

regards, kento
kento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-02, 10:56 AM   #6
AYB

No it's news to me... sounds gr8 tho, those are some nice features! I never did crack the DAT file format in the end, good to see someone's managed it.

AYB is offline   Reply With Quote