P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 27-08-02, 02:52 PM   #1
RDixon

Default A Simple Truth

In the past few months I have read hundreds of articles, reports, essays, etc, on the decline of record sales over the past 2 years and I have yet to see anyone say that just maybe, the pissing off of millions of paying customers by killing Napster had something to do with this downward spirial in sales.

another report
Old 27-08-02, 02:56 PM   #2
Gutrguy
Semiblind

The music industry is trying to "promote" their way into our wallets, but the fact is, that in the past 2 years there hasnt been very many good new signed/major recording artists and their havent been that many decent cd's made by anyone. make better music and the cd sales might go up.
Gutrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-02, 03:05 PM   #3
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Wink

A good article - thanks for the link, RDixon!

Gotta love Register's sharp style...
Quote:

Despite the music industry's heroic efforts to produce, promote and distribute the finest fruits of American artistic genius, sales of CDs fell seven percent in the first half of 2002, after falling 5.3 per cent overall in 2001, the Recording Industry Ass. of America reports.

Because of the exceptional brilliance and innovation evident in today's pop offerings, discussions of dwindling consumer interest in vapid, predictable cliche products would clearly be out of place. No, the industry is doing everything right, so the only possible explanation for a loss of revenue has got to be the pestilence of Internet piracy.
- tg
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-02, 06:02 PM   #4
Dawn
R.I.P napho 1-31-16

Well, I have to admit, we stopped buying CD's when I discovered I could download them and simply make my own for just pennies. We have over 100 CD's that were store bought, "pre computer days".

It's my fault. I've sent the music industry into a downward spiral
Old 28-08-02, 04:07 PM   #5
Merijn

The RIAA needs to look around and see the world - people won't buy crappy music or entire albums for just one song on it for their outrageously high prices.

Why can't they just use their super-duper Overpeer technology or whatever to see what songs get downloaded the most and sell those songs in original form at low-priced, high-quality CDs in record shops? Now wouldn't that be a good idea?
Merijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-02, 04:09 PM   #6
MagicMorpheus

Quote:
Originally posted by Merijn
The RIAA needs to look around and see the world - people won't buy crappy music or entire albums for just one song on it for their outrageously high prices.
I did for like 3 years.
MagicMorpheus is offline   Reply With Quote