P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 20-06-01, 01:28 PM   #1
georgep922

Default I propose a new forum for Trading (FTP, ICQ)

Hey folks, Im back

I've been playing on some other message boards, mainly one in particular which brought me to this idea.

Why dont we have a forum for trading ftp and media through various internet portals (I mean, sharing music was what we did on napster, and we were supposed to go underground after all those court rulings)

sure talking is fun. But hey, I like filling my harddrive

hey and I still have my public music pub still up (30gigs of hiphop, techno, jungle)

george
Old 20-06-01, 03:54 PM   #2
Malk-a-mite

Default Re: I propose a new forum for Trading (FTP, ICQ)

Quote:
Originally posted by georgep922
Why dont we have a forum for trading ftp and media through various internet portals
Maybe I'm reading this wrong - but are you asking for a forum all about files, apps, music, whatever you can download//trade?

Personally I believe that we avoid those types of forums due to the potential problems that could inccur.

It is better to keep this as a central meeting place for ideas and directions to forums better designed and able to handle such requests.
===================
Malk-a-mite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-01, 04:17 PM   #3
georgep922

Default Re: Re: I propose a new forum for Trading (FTP, ICQ)

what kind of problems. Do you think this forum is too open to legal scrutiny or observation, that I can understand.

I dont know, well I thought it would make sense being that napster was a community based on sharing media, and distributing it

I guess more technical stuff like ftp, ripping, and encoding should be left to the further underground forums. Well I have several napsterites to thank for taking me to this 'other' forum
thanks guys

And please dont take this the wrong way, I am not thumbing my nose at anybody, I just think that this forum should work harder at stimulating the mp3 movement. And lets face it Napsterites only has 2 sections, One is for talking and the other is about technology.

-george-

Quote:
Originally posted by Malk-a-mite

Maybe I'm reading this wrong - but are you asking for a forum all about files, apps, music, whatever you can download//trade?

Personally I believe that we avoid those types of forums due to the potential problems that could inccur.

It is better to keep this as a central meeting place for ideas and directions to forums better designed and able to handle such requests.