P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > The Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Music Rhythm of the Underground.

Old 18-09-07, 08:30 PM   #1
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Thumbs up ChiliRec - cool new Swedish netradio aggregator service

Do you like to listen to netradio channels and sometimes streamrip tracks from them? If so, do not miss this cool new Swedish site ChiliRec. It's like 80 streamrippers working on parallel and collecting all the stuff for you to pick from. It keeps recording even when you close your browser and remembers you with just a cookie, no registration needed. And you don't have to waste any HD space for all that ripping, they save all the tracks (after a few hours there are already thousands of them!) and your playlists for you. If you want to download any single tracks to your own HD, it takes just a click. This is probably way too good to be legal, but on the other hand it hasn't been declared illegal yet...

- tg
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-07, 07:04 AM   #2
daddydirt
even the losers

doesn't like my Opera too much, but works great w/IE

much fun, tanks Tank!
daddydirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-07, 04:13 PM   #3
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddydirt View Post
doesn't like my Opera too much, but works great w/IE

much fun, tanks Tank!
yup, Maxthon crashes too, but IE works fine...

this thing rocks otherwise - streamripping for idiots figure it for about a week before these guys get sued into oblivion
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-07, 09:25 PM   #4
JackSpratts

lol. ripped all four "pages" of tunes for me in about 15 mins (be great if they showed every page instead of just 4). d/l'd and played a few without issue (opera 9.23). bitrates & intro/outro edits vary and all tunes save as "pod" (you can c/p the titles easilly enough) but mitch bainwol himself would have to deliver them personally to make this any simpler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife View Post
figure it for about a week before these guys get sued into oblivion
or their harddrives max out (atm they're grabbing 135 new gigs/day minus repeats). well done tg.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-07, 10:07 PM   #5
napho
Dawn's private genie

The Swedes sure are smart. If only other Scandinavians were of even normal intelligence, the US wouldn't be able to run roughshod over the rest of the world.
btw it works fine in Firefox here.
napho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-07, 03:21 AM   #6
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

It's now a couple of days since I started my recorder there, and I have already got recorded a whopping 80.000 tracks! Even if you have only 4 'pages' of them showing, you can make a search with e.g. artist name to reach the otherwise hidden recordings. For example, a search for 'Beatles' brings up now eight full pages of Beatles tracks for me!

(Napho!!!! )
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-07, 10:40 PM   #7
Kris404
How may I help you?

TG, awesome find Two ChroniX channels already on my list (Aggression & Grit). If only they can add 'ChroniX Metal', it's bye bye StreamRipper.

On the other hand, it is one of those sites that you wouldn't feel like spreading the word around out of fear it will get taken down fast.

Kris
Kris404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-08, 06:52 PM   #8
JackSpratts

Got this today:

Quote:
Hi JackSpratts,

Thank you for testing Chilirec beta. Your software has been upgraded to support a number of new functions that makes it even easier to discover new music. Look to the left under "Navigator" and you will see:

- Find music by Stations
- Find music by Artists
- Find music by Toplists

Now your radio stations are categorized by name, country and genre. You can also find toplists from more countries. This is good if you would like to see what's popular in a specific country right now.

Your recorder will access the Internet regularly and look for new radio stations. The more stations from different countries you record, the broader music directory you will get. Under "Recorder Settings" you can add or change stations.

Regards
Chilirec

PS.
If you have forgotten your password, please use the link "Forgot you password?" on the login page to get a new one sent to you.
Chilirec
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-08, 09:26 PM   #9
napho
Dawn's private genie

Btw, here's a search engine that seems to have a huge inventory. You can stream, download the audio, or use some program or Firefox extension to get what's usually a video from Youtube.

http://sadsteve.com
napho is offline   Reply With Quote