P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 21-11-01, 03:36 PM   #1
napho
Dawn's private genie

Default A Russian copy protection system

is on the market. It appears to be effective so far.

Starforce Copy protection: 'Kill the bird in its egg'
Posted by DoMiN8ToR on Tuesday 20 November - 19:53 - Source: CD Freaks Forum

I found this on our forum, its about a copy-protection we posted already about a while ago, but this person seems to be have some more knowlegde, besides that, he promises money to the one that is able to crack it.

I'm not sure if that is legal or not, so please understand that CD Freaks is not the one that offers money to crack the protection, we are however always intrested in technical details

Last week during a big show in GENEVA I have found a new copy protection system from russia called Star Force.

Visit them @ www.star-force.com They were candidate for PS2. Sony refused because it was a russian company but as far as I tested their demo disc this is a real pain in the ass for us crackers.

I have the software to generate their protection so I can email it easily to all of you who wants to crack some stuff before they arrive on the market Let's call this "kill the bird in its egg !!!"

I have got a sponsor for this challenge who is willing to give a prize to the one who will crack it...

So contact me. Don t hesitate there is nothing to lose!

http://www.star-force.com/

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news2.php3?ID=3001
napho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-01, 11:39 PM   #2
Ruger

Yeah the RIAA itself did something like this awhile ago. I can't remember the specifics but they offered $10,000? or so to the person or group which could crack their future copyprotection. Needless to say once the $ was offered it did not take long and a group of students and professor form a U.S. college ended up cracking it. Threats of lawsuits followed because the school refused the reward and wanted to publish the code as well speak at future seminars etc. It all fizzled out in the end.

If it can be written it can be cracked is rule #1

Funny thing is when making copying games/etc. nowdays a crack is not really needed. All you have to do is be able to read the protection on the CD and the entire contents are saved as a image and written in 1:1. End result is two perfectly protected CD's. The only obsticle here is a compatible CD writer that will allow the writting of the protection which is usually nothing more that errors created to confuse a burner.