P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 11-11-01, 10:36 AM   #1
nappy4eva

Cool Any way to circumvent AudioGalaxy’s copyrighted song filter?

It’s really annoying when you find a song on AudioGalaxy, only to discover that there is an “X” next to it, indicating that due to copyright restrictions, you cannot download it! The song exists and AudioGalaxy members are sharing it, but you just can’t download it. Especially when it’s a really tough to find song. One that can’t be found on WinMX, Morpheus/Kazaa or Gnutella. Is there any way to bypass or circumvent this filter to download the songs anyway? I know you used to be able to simply copy the song ID, click on a non-copyrighted song, hit “choose version” and then paste the copyrighted song ID into the URL where the song ID field is, and then you’d get a list of the available “copyrighted” songs to download and then you could begin the downloading. AudioGalaxy has since changed things so this method no longer works.

Any ideas?
nappy4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-01, 03:26 PM   #2
theflaco

Nappy!

I found this link in another forum!
I don´t use AG so i don´t know if it works!

http://www.stephentaylor.fsnet.co.uk/Help.htm

theflaco
theflaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-01, 11:55 PM   #3
zombywoof

I too have seen this tip posted from another forum and according to those who use audiogalaxy, apparently it works. I haven't used audiogalaxy in quite some time so i haven't tried i myself but it looks like its worth giving it a shot.
zombywoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-01, 06:46 PM   #4
kristof47
Grand Theft Music

I works. I just tested it. Thanks for the link, I passed it along to some friends of mine.
Old 07-12-01, 08:08 AM   #5
Shani
Spagal

arg that link is dead now

anyone care to share the info?
Shani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-01, 09:22 AM   #6
theflaco

Shani!
This´ll work!
http://www.stephentaylor.fsnet.co.uk/

theflaco
theflaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-01, 09:44 AM   #7
schmooky007
hi

How to get blocked songs

'Blocking' is AudioGalaxy's attempt at trying to stop you from downloading copyright material by not allowing the entry to be added to your transfer queue list. However, If you are able to get a song into your queue then it is safe & will download even if the song is blocked or AudioGalaxy block the song at a later date.

The technique therefore is to send the blocked song to yourself to a group which only you and your second username are members. Even then, normally you can't send a blocked song so this is where the trick comes in!

Once only setup

Create a new group. Name it something that people will ignore to deter strangers from asking to join!

Run the satellite program > Choose FILE then CHANGE USER > Create a new user > Login in as the new user

Join the new group you created using this second user name

Logout and then login using your original username

Admit your second user to your new group. Now you have a group with just you & you other you as members, great if you like talking to yourself!

Make a note of your new group number. This can be found in the url when you visit the group. Example -

http://www.audiogalaxy.com/groups/gr...number_is_here

Sending blocked songs

When you wish to download some blocked songs it is best to login as your new second user, that way you will be sending them to your original user which you can log back into to retrieve the downloads.

Click the title of the blocked song you wish to send. Make a note of it's song number http://www.audiogalaxy.com/list/song...number_is_here

Enter

http://www.audiogalaxy.com/groups/se...roup.php?&gID=
<your_group_number_goes_here>&g=<the_song_number_goes_here >

as the url address in your browser

Press SEND button

When you have chosen all your songs you wish to download log back in as your other user to retrieve the blocked songs.

You can use this technique to download albums listed on Albums Easy-Links which have been blocked. You need the song number to use in the instructions above which you can obtain by clicking on the download button next to the album picture. Right-click somewhere on a blank part of the bottom half of the page and choose PROPERTIES. The song number is at the end of the url.

Dealing with ZIP file sends

Windows may be set to hide the extension of the file. If, once you have received the file and the filename is "Artists - Title.mp3" instead of "Artists - Title.mp3.ZIP" you need to do the following (in Windows ME other versions differ) -

For Windows ME -
My Computer > Tools Menu > Folder Options > View tab > untick "Hide File Extensions For Know File Types".

(Instructions for other Windows versions differ). You will now be able to see the ".mp3" file extension that needs to be removed. To do this, highlight the filename by clicking on it once > press F2 > you can now delete the ".mp3" part of the filename. WinZip should now be able to un-zip (extract) the file.
schmooky007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-01, 01:08 AM   #8
Malk-a-mite

Also - next time a recent link dies - check google.com for the cache.

like this
===================
Malk-a-mite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-01, 10:52 AM   #9
nappy4eva

Quote:
Originally posted by Malk-a-mite
Also - next time a recent link dies - check google.com for the cache.

www.stephentaylor.fsnet.co.uk/Help.htm+&hl=en]like this[/url]
Yes, Google provides a very handy service by caching all the pages they spider. Must require quite a bit of bandwidth on Google's part, and I'm suprised they can support such a feature. Just another reason why Google is the best search engine.
nappy4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-01, 01:10 AM   #10
Shani
Spagal

Arrow

thanks guys

Shani is offline   Reply With Quote