P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 07-10-01, 12:53 AM   #1
JackSpratts

Default Imposter At MC

someone posing as "Network Admin" has announced in a post entitled "Sorry. We are shutting down" on the main musiccity board "What do we think", that morpheus is immediately closing because they "want to keep the money"!

since whoever it is knows a bit about the fasttrak code and has written a post of subtle hostilty it's led some to perceive the work of a disgruntled employee or perhaps a giFT writer p.o.'d he's now shut out after finally cracking it. still, it remains possible - tho doubtfull - it's a genuine musiccity announcement.

whoever - and whatever - it really is, it's stirring things up tonight. expect to see such zaniness repeat itself in the next few weeks as more rumours fly and the boards remain unmonitored.

- js.
Old 08-10-01, 04:15 AM   #2
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Wink

It also seems that the MC staff has totally deserted their Morpheus board. Jack, do you know if MC2 has left the company? What about the others?

- tg
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-01, 09:10 AM   #3
JackSpratts

it is true mc2 hasn't posted in a while and i've heard two things about that tg. one, he's the chairman michael weiss and two, he left in august.

and your're right, the boards are totally abandoned. the filters are even off and that's MAJOR for those guys. it looks like the parents have gone for the weekend - and they might not come back.

not a happy time at the house of morpheus.

- js.
Old 08-10-01, 08:16 PM   #4
JackSpratts

op, wait a sec - they just pulled in. looks like mom and dad were running late, that's all. a little car trouble, nothing more. and they're saying 'not to worry, the bill's been paid and no one's shutting off the lights.

as a matter of fact kids, keep partying!'

yea mom, go dad!

- js.
Old 08-10-01, 08:25 PM   #5
nanook
just one of the gang...

oh thank goodness! thanks for the updates, spratts and tg. whew.

that almost sounded kinda scary............just up and leaving, whilst the people are still there. could they really do such a thing.....and if so........what would actually happen?

what did you mean "they want to keep the money?"

nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-01, 09:49 PM   #6
JackSpratts

nanook the author of the post, pretending to be a musiccity official, was saying that they'd rather declare defeat and close up shop so they could keep "all the money" they've made from those 1/2 cent per click pop-up ads. as opposed to giving it the lawyers. as if.

as if 1, it was real money and 2, the lawyers would allow them to walk away in the first place.

the post was a strange angry rant camouflaged as a weird press release written by an unknown troubled (wo)man.

- js.
Old 08-10-01, 09:52 PM   #7
mike4947
I'd rather be sailing

Kiss My Ass tit fot tat

Not so much troubled Jack, as I think you're right aboit the GIft thingy. If MC did that to me I'd pull something right back.
Old 08-10-01, 10:22 PM   #8
JackSpratts

well yeah you spend all that time doing the crack, making your linux and mac plans and just when you're close bam! they encrypt. who wouldn't be mad?. but i'll bet you'd hit 'em head-on and make your case upfront instead of wussing out like that one did. that's all i'm saying.

- js.
Old 09-10-01, 08:44 AM   #9
nanook
just one of the gang...

Quote:
Originally posted by JackSpratts
well yeah you spend all that time doing the crack, making your linux and mac plans and just when you're close bam! they encrypt. who wouldn't be mad?. but i'll bet you'd hit 'em head-on and make your case upfront instead of wussing out like that one did. that's all i'm saying.

- js.
and you always say it well.

nanook is offline   Reply With Quote