P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 23-08-01, 02:11 AM   #1
napho

Angry New kind of spyware spreads fast

I don't care about spyware but I know some of you guys do.

"In one of the most controversial moves to date, a company called eZula has been working with file-swapping developers such as Kazaa and iMesh on a software add-on that superimposes advertising links over text on Web pages, sparking some harsh complaints."

http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-6759036.html
Old 23-08-01, 03:25 PM   #2
Tom9504

Quote:
Kazaa, for example, bundles about five enhancement programs in its media desktop download, including eZula, OnFlow, WebEnhancer and Cydoor Technologies--a program to deliver targeted advertising.
Are FastTrack going for the world record or something?
Tom9504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-01, 05:51 PM   #3
mike4947
I'd rather be sailing

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom9504

Are FastTrack going for the world record or something?
Considering that they've gotta make money somehow and ad revenues are in the dumper there's not much else they can do. Must be there's no venture capitol around for them.

What really pisses me off is that if you use ad-aware on KaZaa you disable the program.
Old 23-08-01, 06:32 PM   #4
napho

Cookies are now interacting with many sites. I'm seeing my e-mail handle at the top of many Warner pages.

NEW YORK -- AOL Time Warner, the biggest Internet and media company, said it will link some of its most popular Time Warner Web sites, such as People and Time magazines, with Netscape electronic mail and search technology. The Netscape tool bar will allow visitors to send instant messages and e-mail from the Time Warner sites. It will be available whether the visitor is using Netscape or Microsoft Corp.'s browser, Netscape spokesman Marty Gordon said. The integration effort is one of the first since America Online Inc. bought Time Warner Inc. in January for $124-billion. AOL Time Warner is seeking to use the America Online service, which has more than 27-million subscribers, and other brands to promote content such as Warner Bros. films. The latest effort is aimed at keeping visitors on the Time Warner sites longer and at attracting new Netscape users.

- Compiled from Times wires.

© Copyright 2001 St. Petersburg Times. All rights reserved.