P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 16-08-01, 09:49 AM   #1
nanook
just one of the gang...

Default COOKIES...& milk

okay, all of you experts.

need you again!

i accidently took out the cookie that saves all my login info, while installing zonealarm.

if i go back into my computer and re-install the cookie feature, will it give me my cookie back in Napsterites???

and are these cookies, in general good.

i thought most were a kind of spyware.

now i see they have some good points.

nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-01, 10:09 AM   #2
mike4947
I'd rather be sailing

If your talking about the "save login and password" box that pops up, these entries aren't cookies. You can delete all the cookies on the machine and your passwords are still there. They are buried in one of the windows files. I've been to every "expert" I can find and none of them can tell me where they are. Because I've got a shit load of them and I wanted to save them on a disk, in case I had to reformat. There's no way I could ever remember all of them
Old 16-08-01, 03:54 PM   #3
JackSpratts

i don't know what browser you're using but in general reentering the site will give you fresh cookies. mmmmm. i don't use 'em 'cause i think they're evil...but for this obstinance society punishes me severely. i'm made to log-in each time i visit.

- js.
Old 16-08-01, 05:08 PM   #4
nanook
just one of the gang...

Quote:
Originally posted by JackSpratts
i don't know what browser you're using but in general reentering the site will give you fresh cookies. mmmmm. i don't use 'em 'cause i think they're evil...but for this obstinance society punishes me severely. i'm made to log-in each time i visit.

- js.
yes, so do i.

and i miss the old format.

mikey......it's on the settings-internet options.

was fiddling around and decided they (cookies) were evil and clicked to disable them all.

and yes, i went and searched cookies and man, there are a lot of them on my computer.

can or should i delete them?

are they taking up major space on the computer, etc.?

also...........how can i see how much memory is left on my computer, using the pie graph picture.

i knew and now have forgotten. i've tried everything.

cause while i type, i tried to pull up my settings-internet options and it won't let me, saying there isn't enough memory to do this action.

there must be some mistake.

i'll tell you ever since i installed this zonealarm thing, i've had nothing but problems, where i've had none.

same with the virus program, so i deleted it. i rarely ever open anything i don't recognize.

Old 16-08-01, 05:25 PM   #5
napho

My Computer/right click on C/Properties

cookies are usually 1k and very convenient. I keep 'em
Old 16-08-01, 05:34 PM   #6
nanook
just one of the gang...

Quote:
Originally posted by napho
My Computer/right click on C/Properties

cookies are usually 1k and very convenient. I keep 'em
i can't napho, it's won't let me, saying i don't have enough memory, when i know darn well i do.

and i agree.

i want my cookies back...........

where's netcoco when you need him????????????????

Old 16-08-01, 05:46 PM   #7
JackSpratts

try disk cleanup first. even if it only finds a few bits to toss sometimes it's enough to convince your pgm that there is indeed enough mem to run an app.

(start | pgms | acc | systools)

- js.
Old 16-08-01, 06:09 PM   #8
mike4947
I'd rather be sailing

Quote:
Originally posted by nanook

i can't napho, it's won't let me, saying i don't have enough memory, when i know darn well i do.

and i agree.

i want my cookies back...........

where's netcoco when you need him????????????????
Your not enough memory isn't cause by a lack of phyical memory, but Windows having only 64 k, yup that's right 64K, of memory allocated to what's happening in your computer; and a lot of programs don't release that memory when you shut them down.

Anything that won't work, try it again after rebooting, and if all else fails try rebooting into safe mode so nothing else is running.

As for the cookies you've got look throught them and see. You'll be surprised at what and where they come from by the names.

The original intent of cookies was to have them expire after a certain length of time, but very few issuers of cookies put in an experation date anymore.
Old 16-08-01, 06:53 PM   #9
nanook
just one of the gang...

Quote:
Originally posted by mike4947

Your not enough memory isn't cause by a lack of phyical memory, but Windows having only 64 k, yup that's right 64K, of memory allocated to what's happening in your computer; and a lot of programs don't release that memory when you shut them down.

Anything that won't work, try it again after rebooting, and if all else fails try rebooting into safe mode so nothing else is running.

As for the cookies you've got look throught them and see. You'll be surprised at what and where they come from by the names.

The original intent of cookies was to have them expire after a certain length of time, but very few issuers of cookies put in an experation date anymore.
that makes sense, mikey.

the part about the 64k, and even after shutting them down it doesn't give me back accessablity to my windows programs.

cool.

and i do have the memory.

as for the cookies, i could have sworn i was in, settings/internet options, but when i went in, after rebooting, "cookies" was nowhere in sight.

was it located somewhere else, i'm not thinking of?????

thanks you guys for all your help!

Old 17-08-01, 10:21 AM   #10
eclectica

I found my cookies under temporary internet files.

Okay, we're done with the cookies, so how about the milk?

Your breasts.

Let's stop this flirting, LL, and let's just get it on!
Old 17-08-01, 02:35 PM   #11
nanook
just one of the gang...

eclectica..........i did find my cookies, they were under preferences/internet properties(www). and i changed it to allow cookies.

but i forgot to mention that i just can't find that milk either.

damn!

how's about just a

funny...i liked you calling me LL and also funny.........i keep wanting to spell your name...ecclectica, with two c's.

ah.........the good old days.

Old 17-08-01, 02:47 PM   #12
Yeah-I-Did-It

You can always try a cookie wall to choose which cookies stay and which ones go. I use Analog X cookie wall http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network.htm It is small uses little memory and resources.
Right now I have only 5 cookies allowed on my machine all have a login ID for different sites. The rest get deleted right away by Analog X "nice little program"

P.S. for download look for- Browser add ons - cookie wall