FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Music Rhythm of the Underground.

Old 01-04-05, 06:50 AM   #1
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

muhaaaa Britney Spears Accuses False Tabloids of Dishonesty

Britney Spears Accuses False Tabloids of Dishonesty

By Chip Hilton

HOLLYWOOD –Britney Spears, an outspoken member of the conservative watchdog group Accuracy in Media, has used the bully pulpit of her Web site to call for “higher journalistic standards among false tabloids.”

Speaking directly to Us Weekly, In Touch, Star, “and other desperate magazines,” Spears reminded their editors, “Your employees are a reflection of your magazine.” Then she posed the following rhetorical question: “Do you want employees who are honest or those who are liars?”

Spears’ remarks about “fair and balanced reporting” were inspired by a recent article in Us Weekly, which reported that Spears, 23, was carrying a two-headed baby fathered by the ghost of Jerry Garcia.

“That’s just, like, so totally untrue,” wrote Spears. “I never met this Mr. Garcia. How could I be carrying his two-headed baby?”

Spears expressed “genuine concern” about the people who work for false tabloids. “I’d like them to ask themselves the question, ‘What am I lying to myself about?’ Is it that you are fifty pounds overweight? Is it your wife who’s carrying that two-headed baby? Until you face what is going on in your life, I guess you'll remain a false tabloid.”

The editor of Us Weekly, Janice Min, said she was “stunned and surprised” by Spears’ allegations.

“To the best of my knowledge,” said Min, “none of our writers is carrying Jerry Garcia’s baby. And even if she or he were, why would that cast any doubt on the writer’s veracity?”

Visibly distressed, with the veins in her neck throbbing like downed electrical wires, Min fairly shouted, “Who is that bitch to tell US to face what is going in our lives? She ought to face what’s going on in hers. She’s beginning to look like Kirsty Alley’s body double; her trailer park trophy husband, Kevin Federline, was photographed playing tonsil hockey with a stripper in Las Vegas last weekend; and People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals just accused her of beating that little fag dog she lugs around everywhere.”

In related news, President George W. Bush said he sympathized with Spears, but he felt that her remarks did not go far enough. “She should have included those so-called satirical Web sites in her critique,” said Bush. “The stuff they publish sounds like it was made up out of half cloth.”
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-05, 08:10 AM   #2
JackSpratts

she's so silly. everybody knows if it wasn't true they couldn't print it.

about her baby. does she give it one name, or two?

- js.
Attached Images

JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-05, 07:53 AM   #3
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

Who's Britney Spears?

I'd like a smiley with a tongue in cheek.
Or is my tongue in her smiley........
Old 04-04-05, 12:47 AM   #4
VWguy
Japanamation junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by malvachat
Who's Britney Spears?

aka TankGirl

how else would she know all the details?

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. -Robin Williams

Your future in a nutshell.
VWguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-05, 03:15 PM   #5
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Shy Britney gets support from Pamela Anderson and Desperate Housewives stars

KSAT.com:

Pamela Anderson Sticks Up For Indignant Britney

POSTED: 12:51 pm CST April 1, 2005

BURBANK, Calif. -- Pam Anderson is throwing her support behind Britney Spears.

Tired of pregnancy reports, Britney Spears this week lashed out at the tabloid media for apparently making stuff up about her.

Anderson told Access Hollywood that she could go "sue crazy" on everybody for misrepresenting or misjudging her character, but she said, "At the end of the day, hopefully people realize that the tabloids are just awful."

She added that they sell magazines based on negative stories about people, and that no one's going to buy happy stories.

On March 30, Spears wrote an open letter to what she called "False Tabloids."

In the letter she wrote, "As you read this letter, I bet you are asking yourself: Who? Who, me? Am I a false tabloid? Well, I don't know. But after this posting, I hope you are asking yourself a lot of questions. Your employees are a reflection of your magazine. Do you, Us Weekly, In Touch, Star and other desperate magazines want employees who are honest, or those who are liars? It seems to me that you'd prefer the latter. I'm really concerned about the people you hire to work at your companies. I'd like them to ask themselves the question, "What am I lying to myself about?" Is it that you are 50 pounds overweight? Is it that your children aren't making wise decisions? Or is it maybe that your husband or boyfriend is cheating on you? Until you face what is going on in your life, I guess you'll remain a false tabloid."

Spears also wrote that People Magazine is great in her book.

Anderson, star of Fox's upcoming sitcom "Stacked," said she won't allow any tabloid magazines in her presence. "I just said, 'Look, I don't want any of that stuff around me.'"

Teen Hollywood:

Desperate Housewives Stars Support Britney Spears' Attack on Tabloids

In an interview with "Access Hollywood," "Desperate Housewives" stars Marcia Cross and Eva Longoria say they support pop star Britney Spears latest attack on the tabloid media. The interview aired on "Access Hollywood," Friday, April 1, 2005.

Cross, who endured media speculation that she was a lesbian earlier this year, says she knows only too well how Spears feels. "I've learned personally that they can write anything they want," she says. "It's hard, and the fact that she would say that doesn't surprise me...it's a hard thing to continually, in your private life, have to deal with. I don't know how you protect yourself, I really haven't got any ideas."

Longoria says she feels that a group effort against the tabloid media could prove to be successful. "I think we should totally unite and just ban those tabloid magazines."

"Access Hollywood" is produced by NBC and distributed by NBC UniversalDomestic Television Distribution. Rob K. Silverstein is the executive producer.
Old 09-04-05, 05:21 AM   #6
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Shy

The Spoof:

New Reality TV Show for Britney Spears

Self-absorbed pop star Britney Spears and her “new husband” Kevin Federline, will soon be appearing on a six part reality TV show chronicling the personal love story between Spears and Federline through exclusive, never-before-seen private home videos they shot themselves during their courtship, engagement and wedding.

In Altoona, Pennsylvania Doris Kumquat rejoiced at the news: “What did I do to deserve this? Now I’ll have to re-arrange my TV schedule so I don’t miss a single episode of Britney Spears and Kevin Federline.

The new reality show will be appearing on UPN. "Britney Spears is a superstar who is very popular with UPN's viewers, making her and Kevin's show in this format a perfect fit for our network's audience and programming sensibilities," said Dawn Ostroff, UPN president. "As we all know, Britney and Kevin's life together has been played out in front of the public through Internet speculation, the gossip columnists and entertainment magazines, but now, for the first time, their millions of fans will get to see and hear the couple's real story on UPN as told directly by them."

In Boise, Idaho potato farmer Richard Russet asked, “What in the world has Dawn Ostroff been smoking?”

Of course Britney Spears can’t stop talking about her new reality TV series. "I am so excited about the series," said Spears. "From the day that Kevin and I met, there have been constant rumors and inaccurate speculation about our lives together. I feel that last year the tabloids ran my life and I am really excited about showing my fans what really happened rather than all the stories, which have been misconstrued by journalists in the past. As I mentioned before on my website, I am now going to be expressing my personal life through art. This series will show us falling in love and all the adventures that went on overseas during the European leg of my Onyx Hotel tour. It's going to be an exciting ride."

Yes Britney Spears, the whole world is anxious to finally hear the whole story of your love life. For too long we’ve suffered the anxiety of not knowing your true feelings and emotions. Please be sure not to miss a single detail. We hope you will include tapes of your lovemaking with your “new husband” Kevin. We want to see all of the close-up details. We hope it will last more than six episodes.
Attached Images

Old 13-04-05, 05:59 PM   #7
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

snore And.....

ChartAttack:

Britney Spears Finally Admits She's Preggers

For once, just this once, those stinky, meanie tabloids were completely bang on. After weeks of speculation about Britney Spears’ growing waistline, the pop star has announced that she is pregnant.

In a post on her website, Spears officially confirmed that she’s having her first child with husband Kevin Federline. Brit says:

"The time has finally come to share our wonderful news that we are expecting our first child together. There are reports that I was in the hospital this weekend, and Kevin and I just want everyone to know that all is well. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers."

This will be Spears’ first child, but she’s been getting some practice as a step-mom. Federline already has two children with his ex-girlfriend Shar Jackson.

The pair have been married since last September and have been followed by every tabloid on Earth ever since. In case you haven’t yet had enough of the couple, they recently announced that they’re getting their own reality television show on UPN. The show will feature their courtship and the series finale will be of their wedding. It was compiled from home videos the pair shot.
Old 14-04-05, 02:28 PM   #8
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Shy

ABC News:

Britney Spears' reality show debuts May 17

NEW YORK Apr 14, 2005 — With Britney Spears and her husband, Kevin Federline, making headlines with the news that she's pregnant, UPN has announced a May 17 premiere for the couple's reality show.

The premiere will be a special one-hour episode (9 p.m. ET), UPN announced Wednesday. The series, not yet titled, will follow their courtship, engagement and wedding through private home videos, mostly shot by the couple with their own camera.

UPN said it is shooting new footage and commentary with Spears and Federline, who were married in September. Spears' pregnancy was announced on her Web site Tuesday.

"As we all know, Britney and Kevin's life together has been played out in front of the public through Internet speculation, the gossip columnists and entertainment magazines," Dawn Ostroff, president of UPN, said in a statement earlier this week. "But now, for the first time, their millions of fans will get to see and hear the couple's real story … as told directly by them. "
Old 14-04-05, 07:12 PM   #9
multi
Thanks for being with arse

it never ends..lol

i find her to be the most over-rated female in the history of entertainment

how much do they spend on PR for this person?
music biz must really pump in the $$$ to get the coverage she gets

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-05, 10:16 AM   #10
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

Poor old Brits in trouble now.

http://p2pnet.net/story/4843
Old 15-09-05, 10:19 PM   #11
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Shy Post-pregnancy Britney

USA Today:

Britney Spears' bundle of joy made his appearance on Wednesday, she confirmed on her Web site. What's ahead for the first-time mommy?

Motherhood

Expect to see baby snaps of the youngest Federline progeny sooner rather than later, predicts Us Weekly's Janice Min. The average hospital stay after a C-section delivery is two to four days.

We already know that the singer is hardly press-shy — she featured her wedding and baby shower photos in People magazine.

Says Min: "The risk here is that another photographer gets a picture of her pushing her stroller down the street in L.A. and that undercuts the value of the official photo."

Career

Federline is recording his own album, and Spears' label, Jive Records, has no update on when the singer's next offering could be in stores. But the savvy Spears has another iron in the fire. Call it perfect timing, publicity-wise: Spears' second Elizabeth Arden fragrance, Fantasy, hit stores Thursday. "It's a lot easier, and very lucrative, to lend your name to a fragrance than to record an album and go on tour," Min says.

Still, don't expect to see Spears take a break from the spotlight. Says Min: "Being a celebrity is addictive. Britney would like to go back to being Britney one day."

Fashion

While pregnant, Spears wore an assortment of cropped tops, fitted slogan T-shirts, summer dresses (one paired with Uggs), bikinis and cowboy boots. Lucky fashion director Hope Greenberg doubts Spears will "start dressing like a soccer mom.

She likes showing lots of skin and trying to be sexy, and she's going to keep doing (that)." Greenberg would dress Spears in "a pretty, printed V-neck empire waist dress, with a flat thong sandal. There's no excuse for not being able to look pulled-together and chic pregnant or post-pregnancy."

Baby style

Spears will dress her newborn in simple, soft onesies "for that classic, sweet look," predicts Wendy Bellisimo, a celebrity nursery and clothing designer. But once her son starts walking, "she'll really start into fashion for him and may start dressing him like a little Kevin," Bellisimo says.

That doesn't mean Federline's signature flip-flops over socks, she says, but camouflage-print shorts and shearling jackets. "He'll be funky and colorful."

Attached Images

Old 23-10-05, 07:47 PM   #12
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Eek! Britney baby photos 'are stolen'

BBC:

Quote:
Britney baby photos 'are stolen'

Pictures of Britney Spears' month-old baby, taken during a shoot, have been stolen, her spokespeople have said.

Photos of the singer and her son were posted on the internet but removed after she threatened legal action.

A statement said use of the photos would be an "invasion of privacy".

"Anyone who publishes, sells or otherwise exploits any of these images in any way will be subject to liability and damages for wilful infringement of copyright."

It is not known whether the singer has approached the police to investigate the alleged theft.

Spears has kept her son Preston - her first child - away from the glare of the world's media.

The only images of the baby have been unauthorised grainy, long-distance shots published in celebrity magazines.

The baby's father is dancer Kevin Federline, Spears' husband since September 2004.

She confirmed her pregnancy in April following months of tabloid speculation.

Federline has two children by his ex-girlfriend, actress Shar Jackson, one of which was born after he and Spears started dating.
Old 23-10-05, 11:01 PM   #13
multi

Njah Njah

maybe its horribly deformed or something
its not like poeple will recognize the child 10 or 20 years from now

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 29-11-06, 08:54 PM   #14
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Britney relaxes between demanding studio sessions.

Old 29-11-06, 09:31 PM   #15
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankGirl
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-06, 10:39 PM   #16
JackSpratts

"loveflaps"? jesus hkrist rofl!

ok, i shouldn't laugh. this train wreck is somebody's mommy now.

loveflaps, he he he...

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-06, 11:08 PM   #17
multi

Shy

loveflaps ?

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 30-11-06, 06:12 AM   #18
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSpratts View Post
ok, i shouldn't laugh. this train wreck is somebody's mommy now.

- js.
and if you'll look closely, she appears to have the c-section scar to prove it.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-06, 08:18 AM   #19
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

What
No bush.
Old 30-11-06, 08:25 AM   #20
vernarial
The Fungus Among Us

I'm gonna take up a collection to buy that poor girl some panties.
P2P Consortium
vernarial is offline   Reply With Quote