P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-10, 06:43 AM   #1
albed
flippin 'em off
 
albed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: the real world
Posts: 3,216
Default whose independence

Quote:
American liberty was a creation of the American people, who crossed the Atlantic and were determined not to have European tyranny follow them across the ocean. The Declaration announced the fact of American liberty and the news of American independence to the world. The Founders did not create America; America created the Founders.

This history is especially poignant today, where there is another big political fight over the nature of government in America. Whatever you think of legislation like bailouts, the so-called stimulus, and our new health care law, these laws were passed over the objections of a majority of the American people. We can scarcely say that our representatives today are “deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,” as the Declaration prescribes. In fact, a recent Rasmussen poll showed that only 21 percent of Americans believe that the federal government is living up to this clause.

Eric O'Keefe


It's the U.S. government that should be celebrating its independence from the people.
__________________
Taking power from the many and giving it to the few corrupts the few and degrades the many.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 06:42 PM   #2
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop
 
theknife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Promontorium Tremendum
Posts: 4,391
Default

awwwww, whiny wingnuts discover that elections have consequences.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-10, 08:44 AM   #3
albed
flippin 'em off
 
albed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: the real world
Posts: 3,216
Default

Yeah. What a huge change from that big-spending, war-mongering, drug-prohibiting republican administration.


Well at least the ruskies have one sleeper agent left; besides the incompetent one who can't even manage to shut down gulf oil drilling for the benefit of the his russian and arab handlers.
__________________
Taking power from the many and giving it to the few corrupts the few and degrades the many.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-10, 05:18 AM   #4
napho
Dawn's private genie
 
napho's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: the Canadian wasteland
Posts: 4,461
Default

With the rise of China, India, Brazil, Europe, etc, the US isn't as significant as it once was, so an American decline isn't THAT big a deal anymore.
napho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-10, 08:27 AM   #5
albed
flippin 'em off
 
albed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: the real world
Posts: 3,216
Default

All the U.S. really needs for a revival though is a large swath of resource rich, poorly defended territory. Hmmmm?
__________________
Taking power from the many and giving it to the few corrupts the few and degrades the many.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-10, 08:02 PM   #6
napho
Dawn's private genie
 
napho's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: the Canadian wasteland
Posts: 4,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed View Post
All the U.S. really needs for a revival though is a large swath of resource rich, poorly defended territory. Hmmmm?

Sure sure. Just come and get some. I don't want to reveal any military secrets, but let's just say that this represents only 10% of Canada's military might. Imagine the other 90% and cringe.

napho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-10, 06:03 PM   #7
Nicobie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 5,521
Default

Everyone thinks that BIG guns will win.

Only in the short term. Maybe, kinda, could happen. Who the fuc knows.

anyway....

I will say for SURE that who ever controls Gobal Food Distribution will win who gets the food, hence the control of all of us peons.

Russia just said that they will be restricting their wheat exports and the US futures market is licking their chops.

Are we looking at $5/gallon Rice Crispies?
__________________
May your tote always stay tight and your edge eversharp :wink:

Last edited by Nicobie : 07-08-10 at 06:19 PM.
Nicobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-10, 03:41 PM   #8
albed
flippin 'em off
 
albed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: the real world
Posts: 3,216
Default

Rice Crispies actually aren't made of wheat nic. The name must have gotten you confused.



You're not fooling me napho; I know a Canadian cruise ship when I see one.
From the level of excitement I'd say they were going someplace really exotic.
__________________
Taking power from the many and giving it to the few corrupts the few and degrades the many.

Last edited by albed : 09-08-10 at 03:53 PM.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-10, 05:40 PM   #9
Nicobie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 5,521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed View Post
Rice Crispies actually aren't made of wheat nic. The name must have gotten you confused.
Don't be such a dillweed dorko.

You know exactly what I mean.

__________________
May your tote always stay tight and your edge eversharp :wink:
Nicobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-11, 09:21 PM   #10
jcmd62
Alpha Male
 
jcmd62's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: In Limbo
Posts: 2,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by napho View Post
Sure sure. Just come and get some. I don't want to reveal any military secrets, but let's just say that this represents only 10% of Canada's military might. Imagine the other 90% and cringe.

[IMG][/IMG]
jcmd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump






All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© www.p2p-zone.com - Napsterites - 2000 - 2021