P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 16-12-05, 12:01 PM   #1
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

Default AMERICA PLUNDERED BY GLOBAL ELITE

Quote:
Let's summarize the past 35 years now: the U.S. government has racked up over $8 trillion in debt; the current trade deficit for 2005 alone will likely exceed $700 billion (importing more than we export); $3.8 trillion of showcase American companies have been sold to foreigners.

Is something wrong with this picture?

http://www.newswithviews.com/Wood/patrick9.htm

and who owns the debt? China and the Corporations that are now investing heavily in China.

This all ties in with the PNAC's goal of surrounding China and containing them. IMO we will be at war with them in 5-10 years. What a beter way to get rid of the debt than to kill the cretitor, meanwhile eliminating the growing oil consumers. Who will profit? The corporations and the bankers :/ They are good at playing both sides, just like they did in the first two World Wars.

or...

we can sop using oil and stop shopping at wal mart and avoid this confrontation. but who wants to do that
floydian slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-05, 10:43 AM   #2
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

We could stop using oil, I bet, but Walmart is still an American company last I checked. All we gotta do is build a thousand Walmarts in China and make the Chinese buy their own crap. After that there wouldn't be enough of it to import and we'll be back to manufacturing goods in our own country.

Sounds kinda isolationist, but would that work for you?
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-05, 12:21 PM   #3
RoBoBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer
All we gotta do is build a thousand Walmarts in China and make the Chinese buy their own crap. After that there wouldn't be enough of it to import and we'll be back to manufacturing goods in our own country.
Brilliant
RoBoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-05, 04:32 PM   #4
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer
Sounds kinda isolationist, but would that work for you?
yep
Old 17-12-05, 11:20 PM   #5
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Not brilliant, I'm afraid. Eventually Walmart would move its headquarters and incorporate in Asia. Their monoploy would flourish and we'd just be exporting our greed to every part of the world. The world economy would be in the hands of the corporate triad: Sony, Toyota, and Walmart. Together they'd corner the markets in intellectual property, manufacturing, and retail, and after that what's left but agriculture and mining? The only way the US economy would survive in that situation would be to rescind all environmental protection laws and harvest North America's natural resources for all they're worth just to resolve the widening trade deficit.

We'd be better off printing billions of $100 bills and giving them to our foreign debtors, because despite what that would do to the value of our currency at least those countries would have the money to buy stuff that we could export. The wealth of the United States doesn't lie in its legal tender or its natural resources, but in its human resources. We give the world free money, they use that money to buy our services and products, and everyone is richer for it. That's not a perfect solution either, but it's better than selling our jobs and corporations to the highest bidders overseas.

In short, the best way to close the trade gap isn't to import less but to export more.
Old 18-12-05, 08:52 AM   #6
albed
flippin 'em off

I'll skip over how retarded your ideas on economics are and just point out the usual idiots claim that something is theirs. The corporations aren't yours or anybody's but the stockholders. The jobs aren't yours or the governments; they belong to whoever creates them and pays for them. So you and all the other twisted dimwits can just stop crying about "your" jobs and "your" corporations being sold-given-taken by someone else. If it helps your small mind to understand better, think of even dumber people telling you that you can't move out of a community, sell your house, or get yourself a cheaper maid or better paying job. That's what so many idiots and their political representives want to do to others on a much larger scale.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-05, 11:46 AM   #7
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
I'll skip over how retarded your ideas on economics are
Thanks, I guess.

Doesn't it bother you that millions of Americans work for companies that are largely or wholy owned by foreign interests? I'm not a doomsayer, and I'm aware of the gaping holes in my logic in the above posts (and I knew I could count on you to spot them too), but you have to admit that something's been a little off about the US economy over the past couple decades.

Just a few examples:
  • The second largest auto maker in the world and and in the United States is Toyota, soon to be the largest
  • About two thirds of our oil is imported
  • The American software industry's core labor pool is now in India
  • Our biggest export is intellectual property, mostly in the form of entertainment
  • The number of American families in debt is at an all time high, as are insurance rates and taxes (remember, the last time Americans were in this type of situation they started a civil war, and prior to that, a revolution)
  • American wars have historcally boosted the economy, and yet the last two have not
Correct me if I'm wrong.

This is still the nation where jobs belong to people and not the other way around. Think about it, do you ask people 'What's your job?' or do you ask 'What's your employer's job for you'? I won't argue with a corporation's right to invest in cost effective labor, but by the same token you can't argue with a self-governing nation's right to invest in itself by making laws that prevent job-outsourcing. These multinational corporations you hold in such noble regard want to erase national borders, and indeed erase all individual claims of nationality, in persuit of their own profit margins. The vast majority of American companies don't want what the conglomerates want, but unfortunatly they don't have the capital to resist globalizing their own businesses.
Old 18-12-05, 09:29 PM   #8
albed
flippin 'em off

"What's your job" is just a way of asking what job you do, not what job you own. How can you stay so confused about something so obvious; you don't hire yourself or pay yourself do you? How is it you can be fired from your own job? But the desire of greedy idiots to claim something as their own seems to make them incapable of understanding that it simply is not theirs.

One reason so many companies leave the grand old United States is that so many petty, selfish idiots try to steal away their property and their freedom. Labor unions and pro-labor politicians have long forced companies to pay high wages to stupid, lazy workers who made crappy, expensive products and couldn't be fired for anything short of murder. Local, State and Federal governments would all extort tax money far in excess of any services they provide. There are even elitist snobs who demand that companies make their buildings aesthetically pleasing or that they stop running trucks at night near their elitist snob houses. Now times have changed and businesses don't have to put up with all that crap. Actually they can't afford to put up with it and stay in business against other companies in freer environments.

Trying to force companies to stay where they can't succeed is just repeating the history of the repressive communist nations that kept their citizens locked up and miserable for decades before finally crumbling. The adage of 'doing unto others' means nothing to greedy, selfish imbeciles who can't resist the urge to force others to serve them instead of leaving them free to run their own business.

Another adage "the tighter you squeeze, the more that slips from your grasp" is now being illustrated as companies slip out of repressive business environments. But laughably, the idiotic reaction is often to squeeze even tighter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It doesn't bother me who works for who because I'm not some petty bigot.

There's nothing "off" about a successful company growing larger or oil being transported to markets or jobs being given to the most productive workers or products being sold to customers reguardless of where they live. It's all economic freedom at work.

Quote:
The number of American families in debt is at an all time high, as are insurance rates and taxes (remember, the last time Americans were in this type of situation they started a civil war, and prior to that, a revolution)
You make this stupid shit up to annoy me don't you? Why don't you ask your local high school to let you repeat american history? And give them permission to beat it into you with a stick since you can't seem to learn it in a normal way.

To sum it up again, the businesses you want to restrict aren't yours or society's, the jobs they create aren't yours or society's, the profits they make aren't yours or society's. It's your greed and selfishness that makes you think otherwise and leads you to try to rob and force others to serve you instead of themselves and that's why they try to escape you and your kind, much like the communism of not so long ago.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-05, 07:59 PM   #9
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

It doesn't work that way in a country with a government of the people, by the people, and for the people. If the people want to restrict the free market it's not greed, it's simply democracy in action. But you seem to think that democracy and capitalism are the same thing. Sorry, that just isn't so. Businesses aren't people, so to restrict the rights of corporate entities isn't the same thing as restricting the rights of the citizens. There are very important reasons why congress only represents the people and not the corporations.

Besides, the economy doesn't actually pit citizens against corporate entites, despite what labor unions claim. The economy prospers when the people and businesses both prosper, and business laws are drafted to help both groups. The labor laws you scoff at prevent lethal accidents at factorys and warehouses, drastically reducing the cost of liability insurance for employers. While the minimum wage may be a little high, it's better than paying unemployment to people you fired to reduce your payroll budget. I don't like greedy, corrupt labor unions any more than you do, but in most cases they're no better than the businesses they antagonize. Thanks to our government slave labor is now illegal, children are not allowed to work for more than a few hours a week and then only during the day, women are on the same pay scales as men, industrial accidents are kept to a minimum, foods and drugs are screened for contamination and their production is closely monitored, environmental pollution is kept to tollerable levels, cars are safer to drive, buildings are more fireproof, contracts are enforced by federal law, banks are more secure because they can't lend more money than they have in reserve, phone service is almost always available in emergencies, religious and racial prejudice by employers, money lenders, and insurance providers is reduced, citizenship is given to immigrants who work for it, healthcare is available to nearly everybody who needs it, price gouging by monopolies is prevented, trade secrets are protected, the trains run on time, etc., etc. Businesses pay a price for each of these burdons, but the cumulative benefit for society (businesses included) is incalculable. It would be criminal to allow business to sidestep any of these regulations.
Old 23-09-08, 01:40 PM   #10
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydian slip View Post
http://www.newswithviews.com/Wood/patrick9.htm

and who owns the debt? China and the Corporations that are now investing heavily in China.

This all ties in with the PNAC's goal of surrounding China and containing them. IMO we will be at war with them in 5-10 years. What a beter way to get rid of the debt than to kill the cretitor, meanwhile eliminating the growing oil consumers. Who will profit? The corporations and the bankers :/ They are good at playing both sides, just like they did in the first two World Wars.

or...

we can sop using oil and stop shopping at wal mart and avoid this confrontation. but who wants to do that
Last time I will quote myself lol

Lets take a closer look at the link

first paragraph

Quote:
In 1978, this writer's book Trilaterals Over Washington revealed the global strategy of the Trilateral Commission and it's co-founders David Rockefeller and Zbigniew Brzezinski. Brzezinski, in particular, provided the intellectual reasoning and political strategy for the "New International Economic Order".
Guess who is gonna be in Obama's administration? Thats riiiiiiiight The Big Z!!

I am not endorsing McCain because he is a monkey too.

TLC does not stand for tender love and care.
TLC = Trilateral Commission.
Old 23-09-08, 02:24 PM   #11
pisser
Guv

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed View Post
The corporations aren't yours or anybody's but the stockholders.
Hey dumbshit. Some corporations are privately owned. No stockholders. That makes it 'their' company. Lardass.
pisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-08, 02:25 AM   #12
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisser View Post
Lardass.
It's all thet cake he keeps eating.