P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 03-06-01, 07:24 AM   #1
myname1

Default Don't get E-Donkey!!

I just tried e-donkey 2000 and that is the sorriest program I have tried yet! It FORCES you to accept people leeching off of you WHILE YOU DOWNLOAD A PROGRAM!! Screw them! I can handle someone getting a file AFTER I have downloaded it, but all that does is eat up bandwith when I am trying to DOWNLOAD a program and have them leeching at the same time!! I deleted it and say GOOD RIDDANCE!! I WILL NOT be forced by ANY program to accept someone leeching off of me WHILE I am downloading! Think I'll stick with bearshare!!(sorry abou the spam, but I am mad)
Old 03-06-01, 12:19 PM   #2
Pacewon

Never heard of that program.. wouldn't use it anyhow.. I'm pretty happy with combination of Morpheus and WinMX
Pacewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-01, 01:36 PM   #3
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Wink

Myname1, I agree with you that forcing the sharing of the material that you are still downloading is not a good idea. The developers have obviously aimed at maximum efficiency in spreading fresh 'stuff' within the network but this takes all quality control away from the user which is not good. Better to allow the user to check first if the files are complete and of good quality and even then it should be totally up to the user what and when he/she wants to share. Maybe I want to watch a movie first to see if I consider it worth my upload bandwidth - meanwhile I can share something that I know to be good and worth sharing. All forcing on sharing is counterproductive in the long run.

Pacewon, that's my preferred combination too. WinMX is good for sharing and Morpheus is good for leeching.

- tg
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote