P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 29-04-06, 05:22 PM   #41
Hegemonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumwaldo
Why should tax breaks be given for gas? Would you also support eliminating the exhorbatant taxes on cigareetes? How about the taxes on alchohol?

What exactly is it about gas that makes it so special that it should be treated differently that any other luxery item?
I wouldn't classify gas as a "luxery" item. For nearly every industry in America it is vital to business. Cigs and alcohol are not.

Why should oil companies be forced to give up their profits while the government makes money for doing nothing? For every gallon of gas sold the government, both state and federal, swoops in an automatically take 50 cents of it, for doing nothing. That doesn't seem slightly wrong to you?

Last edited by Hegemonic : 29-04-06 at 07:21 PM.
Old 29-04-06, 05:40 PM   #42
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
You are outraged over the cheapest gas prices on the planet. Take a look around the world at what everybody else pays for gas and find me a place that it is cheaper than America.
http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lis...ces/price.html
LAOS VIENTIANE $1.66
THAILAND BANGKOK $1.60
CHINA TIANJIN $1.54
CHINA SHANGHAI $1.48
RUSSIA MOSCOW $1.45
KAZAKHSTAN ALMATY $1.36
KAZAKHSTAN ATYRAU $1.35
TAJIKISTAN DUSHANBE $1.32
AZERBAIJAN BAKU $1.15
Saudi Arabia Riyadh $0.91
VENEZUELA CARACAS $0.14

Don't know why you couldn't look yourself; but then you wouldn't be clueless would you?

Quote:
While you are looking around at what the world pays for gas, why not also look into what types of vehicles the worlds population is driving. Gas prices like this are long overdue in America, if for no other reason, just because the American sense of entitlement.
Damn Americans, always feeling entitled to get what they pay for. Give them a good dose of commie propaganda dumwaldo.

Quote:
How many escalades, navigators and yukon's do you think are sold outside America? Have you ever seen european delivery trucks? How many people do you see driving fuel efficient scooters in America? When was the last time you set foot on public transportation?
Why don't you learn these things for yourself instead of asking like it proves your point? People should be free to own what they want and are willing to pay for, and relying on strike prone public transportation has left a lot of people feeling foolish.

Quote:
Perhaps there is no widespread sense of outrage because the vocal majority knows they deserve it. We acted like gluttons for years, sucking up cheap gas and building imensly powered vehicles that stroke our ego's.
You haven't heard any outrage??? Try pulling your head out of your ass for just one moment - jeezus christ!

Quote:
Let's not forget, driving is a luxery, not a right. If you do not like the way it work then you can simply opt out of the system by not driving. If you are going to be outraged by gas prices, then why not be outraged over mandatory insurance laws and rising insurance rates. If you are going to be outraged by gas prices why not be outraged at vehicle safety standards and the ever increasing cost of vehicle maintenance to keep in accordance with those standards?
Fuck this is one of those comments so packed with stupidity I don't know where to start. Driving isn't a 'luxury', it's an efficient method of transporting people and goods that everyone around the world adopts once their standard of living rises enough. Opting out simply isn't an option for a great many americans, (study "suburbs" and "rural living" to get yourself a clue). People would have to be extra dumb to be outraged over vehicle safety standards, but if they won't self-insure or do their own maintenance to save money then they can just bitch all they want.

Quote:
There is simply nothing to be outraged over; it is the way things should be. Even if gas prices double from what they currently are, it will still be the way it is supposed to be.

later,
dumwaldo
What if they halve again? Will it still be the way it's supposed to be? Or will you be outraged?
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-06, 09:07 PM   #43
pisser
Guv

Angry

Dumwaldo - You live up to your name alright.....
pisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-06, 06:34 AM   #44
dumwaldo
some old putz

what a joke. You guys are not seriously going to defend your self absorbed opinions with gas prices from countries where less than 10% of the people have cars are you. you can not honestly be that, rediculous can you?

Why did you not include gas prices from the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, The Netherlans, any country in south america, or any other place where greater than 10% of the population owns vehicles? OH yeah, it would be because that would outline how selfish and clueless your opinion is.

Incidentally i live in a suburb. I WALK and utilize PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION. I have not owned a car for over a decade and most likely never will own another car for the rest of my life.

Driving IS a luxery.

Your attitudes ARE disgutsing and self absorbed.

THIS is why on a global scale America is one of the most disliked countries in the world.

Just get over yourself and accept that you might have to act like the rest of the world and display some personal responsibility. The small fuel efficient vehicles might not be as cool as the 3 ton SUV's but you WILL get the picture eventually.

PS
if you are going to try and insult me you better come up with something better that refrences to my name. All you accomplish but trying to turn my name into an insult is to illustrate how low your intellectual level is. Please do not come to a battle of wits unarmed as you have so far.
Old 30-04-06, 08:31 AM   #45
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
what a joke. You guys are not seriously going to defend your self absorbed opinions with gas prices from countries where less than 10% of the people have cars are you. you can not honestly be that, rediculous can you?
Quote:
find me a place that it is cheaper than America.
"I don't like the answer to what I asked -WHAAA WHAAA WHAAA."

Quote:
Why did you not include gas prices from the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, The Netherlans,
Because you asked for gas prices cheaper than in america. "WHAAA WHAAA WHAAA"

Quote:
any country in south america,
Venezuela is in South America, DUHHH.

Quote:
Please do not come to a battle of wits unarmed as you have so far.
LMAO.
Old 30-04-06, 12:49 PM   #46
pisser
Guv

Quote:

Why did you not include gas prices from the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, The Netherlans, any country in south america, or any other place where greater than 10% of the population owns vehicles? OH yeah, it would be because that would outline how selfish and clueless your opinion is.

Incidentally i live in a suburb. I WALK and utilize PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION. I have not owned a car for over a decade and most likely never will own another car for the rest of my life.

Driving IS a luxery.

Your attitudes ARE disgutsing and self absorbed.

THIS is why on a global scale America is one of the most disliked countries in the world.

Just get over yourself and accept that you might have to act like the rest of the world and display some personal responsibility. The small fuel efficient vehicles might not be as cool as the 3 ton SUV's but you WILL get the picture eventually.

PS
if you are going to try and insult me you better come up with something better that refrences to my name. All you accomplish but trying to turn my name into an insult is to illustrate how low your intellectual level is. Please do not come to a battle of wits unarmed as you have so far.

You are the stereotypical dickhead who lumps everybody into the 3 ton SUV owners.

By that notion, all europeans are stinky selfish obnoxious bastards.

Right?
Old 30-04-06, 01:42 PM   #47
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Arrow

Hydrogen powered cars and busses?

Iceland is on the right track, they predict that they will be an oil free society by 2050. Hell, they even use hydrogen to power up some of their powerplants only the begining since they greatly rely on geothermal energy.
miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-06, 01:52 PM   #48
Hegemonic

That's pretty laughable considering Brazil is oil free as everything runs on ethenol. And they did it in 20 years, so Iceland taking 45 years is actually pretty lame.
Old 30-04-06, 02:41 PM   #49
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

It may be laughable but, atleast, they are doing it. Even if it takes them time, they will become a oil free economy and we won't hear them bitch about the high prices of gaz anymore now or will they witness the ever rising cost of food to compensate for the high gaz prices. Sweden plans to do it in less than 15 years

Quote:
Sweden plans to be world's first oil-free economy
Posted: 10 Feb 2006

In a response to climate change and the dangers of rising fuel prices, Sweden is to take the biggest energy step of any advanced western economy by trying to wean itself off oil completely within 15 years. And it plans to do so without building a new generation of nuclear power stations, reports John Vidal in The Guardian.
FROM

What's interesting in this article is that they even plan to kick out Nuclear Energy in the process. Why use enriched uranium and bury the very toxic radio active byproduct it produce when a rod is depleated when one can use clean, safe Hydrogen to do the same job?

So far, the biggest problem is to find a way to extract the hydrogen out of the water at a low cost...I'm sure that if the greatest minds would work on it, a solution could be found quickly, that is if they truly want to kick off their dependency on oil. If Hydrogen can power up a bus or a truck, it can surely power up SUV's.
miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-06, 11:08 PM   #50
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Sweden is to take the biggest energy step of any advanced western economy by trying to wean itself off oil
Wow, not even a plan but planning a plan. What a huge step. They're real go-getters those swedes.

No doubt they're also planning a plan to explain why they can't produce a viable plan without fossil fuel or nuclear power.

My bet is they soon modify their first planned plan to 50% fossil and nuclear.
Old 01-05-06, 10:58 AM   #51
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_silver

What's interesting in this article is that they even plan to kick out Nuclear Energy in the process. Why use enriched uranium and bury the very toxic radio active byproduct it produce when a rod is depleated when one can use clean, safe Hydrogen to do the same job?

Maybe the small European countries are, but not the big players like China, India and Russia.

According to market watchers China’s demand for Uranium will be greater their demand for oil in the coming years.

quote---

China’s target is to more than quintuple its nuclear capacity — by 36,000 megawatts — by 2020. And still, nuclear power would only cover 4% of China’s needs!

Result: China’s annual uranium needs will jump from 3 million pounds per year now ... to 10 million pounds per year by 2010 ... then 18 million pounds per year by 2020.
---

Which is why the price of uranium jumped 76% in 2005. Australia has most of the uranium in the world, something like 30% of it while Canada has 15% of the world supply. The regulatory climate is now changing rapidly in Australia---China, India and Russia - Miners and mining companies are fanning out all over the globe to every backwater and dirt-patch with a whiff of uranium on it. It may be the next big rush.

A link--

A New Wave of Exploding Prices! (by Weiss, Brodrick and Edelson)

http://www.moneyandmarkets.com/press...=229&cat_id=6&
Old 11-05-06, 09:53 AM   #52
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegemonic
That's pretty laughable considering Brazil is oil free as everything runs on ethenol. And they did it in 20 years, so Iceland taking 45 years is actually pretty lame.
I thought all that Brazil-Ethanol propaganda sounded overblown. I just heard Brazil recently lowered the mandated percentage of ethanol in gasohol from 25% to 20%. It produces most of the oil it needs but still imports some. It's certainly not "oil free" by a long shot.

http://www.centredaily.com/mld/aberd...rdeennews_news

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol_fuel_in_Brazil

http://yaleglobal.yale.edu/display.article?id=6817
Quote:
ethanol now accounts for as much as 20% of Brazil's transport fuel market

Last edited by albed : 11-05-06 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-05-06, 11:27 AM   #53
Hegemonic

Heh, I got that info from a Brazilian at work, I figured he knew what he was talking about.
Old 11-05-06, 11:58 AM   #54
albed
flippin 'em off

He's probably been watching the same biased, manipulative U.S. media that I've seen lauding Brazil all the time while being vague and selective on hard facts.

But I doubt Brazil's media would be any more honest with its citizens.
Old 21-09-06, 11:37 AM   #55
albed
flippin 'em off

Wow, $2.27/gal in my area.

Caught something on the news about petroleum reserve capacity being near full and prices could crash.

In other news:

PISSER STOPS WHINING ABOUT GAS PRICES
-might even possibly vote republican-
Old 25-09-06, 10:38 AM   #56
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

wow, is right. and what a coincidence the elections are only a month away.
floydian slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-06, 02:52 PM   #57
JackSpratts

yipeee! today gas only costs 60% more than when bush took office!

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-06, 11:19 PM   #58
pisser
Guv

Evil Black Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
Wow, $2.27/gal in my area.

Caught something on the news about petroleum reserve capacity being near full and prices could crash.

In other news:

PISSER STOPS WHINING ABOUT GAS PRICES
-might even possibly vote republican-
It is still $2.65 a gallon here, still too much, Once it gets down to $2.00 I will stop calling you a half developed ball sack!

How's that for the the news, girly man?
Old 27-09-06, 11:29 AM   #59
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

gas down to $1.80 in missuruh

http://www.missourigasprices.com/
floydian slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-06, 12:14 PM   #60
legion
I took both pills.

cheapest price in the country is 121.9 euro the litre

121.9x3.7=4.51

4.51 EUR = 5.72825 USD

a gallon. You can all shut up now .... i win.

talk about piracy ffs

United States Dollars
1 EUR = 1.27012 USD 1 USD = 0.787326 EUR