P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-12-01, 08:22 AM   #12
zombywoof

Shani, one thing you might want to check, only if you are still having problems, since you did an upgrade is that your ROM BIOS is up to date. Sometimes, depending on how old your system is, your manufacturer will post bios updates on their website to suppurt updates such as ram upgrades. For example, at one point, I had to load the latest BIOS for my pc so that it would support 128k dimm chip sets. This may not be your problem, and you need to be careful if you do a BIOS update because it can foul up your machine if the BIOS is not properly installed, but it is just something to consider looking into if you run out of ideas or suggestions. You should only have to do something like this unless you really need to. Otherwise, I wouldn't mess around with the BIOS. Usually, RAM upgrades are easy and in most cases, your system should automatically recognize the new memory on boot up without having to worry about BIOS settings.

Last edited by zombywoof : 17-12-01 at 08:40 AM.
zombywoof is offline   Reply With Quote