P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 07-07-02, 03:18 AM   #1
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

NoSmiley Overpeer: company with a mission

Here's the mission of this RIAA-backed tech company:

Quote:

Introducing Overpeer...

Overpeer is a software and service company which was incubated and funded by the SK Group since 2000. The company has successfully grown and was incorporated in the United States in 2001.

Our main objective is to create value for copyright owners and distributors by stopping piracy on Peer-to- Peer (P2P) networks, in turn helping them generate maximum value for music and visual content now being freely distributed. We make it possible to convert copyright abuses into legal and profitable content sales.

Through implementing our own patent- pending technology, we offer an effective solution that is a potent marketing engine, and a powerful anti-piracy weapon. By penetrating P2P networks such as Gnutella, Open Napster, and FastTrack, our solution can use the power of P2P against abusers, instead turning software pirates into customers.
They have already flooded the p2p networks with fake Enimem files and will almost surely continue their activities with the money coming from the deep pockets of the RIAA members.

See the related articles on Zeropaid and Slyck.

- tg
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-02, 05:39 AM   #2
SA_Dave
Guardian of the Maturation Chamber

The RIAA are just turning their own fans against them. The Romans were toppled by their confidence & ultimately their laziness. So too shall the megalithic corporations, that employ underhanded means to rule the world, fall back into the ground from whence they came. Be warned RIAA! The customer is always right. So too should Microsoft, Sony & AOL TimeWarner take heed. I hate the RIAA even more than I ever did before! I won't even buy their CDs for my mom now due to these nefarious & dubious activities. And they want to make this legal?
SA_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-02, 06:54 AM   #3
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Well, the Roman/RIAA analogy escapes me......

But the fake mp3 strategy (as discussed in a previous thread) seems to be a finger in the dike, at best...but then I'm sure it is only arrow in their quiver.

Quote:
We make it possible to convert copyright abuses into legal and profitable content sales.
This is an interesting statement....but I personally cannot envision a scenario where I would ever again be financially supporting the industrial/entertainment complex. P2P file sharing is as much a statement of civil disobedience as anything else. I have come to see it as an instrument of change, and I believe many other P2P users feel the same.

So fuck 'em
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote