P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > The Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Music Rhythm of the Underground.

Old 19-06-05, 09:12 PM   #1
emmy
don't try this at home

What The? Something dorky but o'what the heck..

Some of y'all might know that I'm a Modest Mouse guru and I host a site for fans of this band. That being said, we recently found an article from another band that toured with Modest Mouse and they mentioned how Modest Mouse gave this band advice about bringing tons of socks when out on the road touring since they don't have time to do laundry and having a fresh pair of clean socks is something they really cherish.

Well, knowing this, the fans over on my site have made it a mission to go out and buy Modest Mouse a 6 pack of socks and we're being successful at hand delivering the socks to the band. It's so funny that we're doing this since it actually started as a joke (by yours truly) but now it has become a fan thing as we're all doing this for the band.

One fan recently attended the gig for Modest Mouse last night in Philly and she gave her socks to the guitarists named Dann and when she handed him the bag, Dann instantly started to feel it and he goes "let me guess what this is...socks?"

Like I said, I realize this is dorky but it's so funny and so cute that the fans of this band are doing this. I would die laughing if Modest Mouse does an interview where they mention this! I can see it now:

Interviewer: what was the wildest things you've encountered from your fans
Modest Mouse: actually, during the 2005 tour, our fans started to bring a 6 pack of tube socks to our shows and hand deliver them to us. We have no idea where this came about but fans started to show up at all of our shows with socks.
Interviewer: socks?
Modest Mouse: yeah, socks.
Interviewer: like, the things you wear on your feet?
Modest Mouse: yes damit, socks!

Maybe I just gave y'all something to laugh at, knowing that we're doing this for this group but I must say, I think it's pretty darn cool. Sure it's not common and sure we looked like weirdos showing up at a MM gig w/socks, but it's worth it since it's something nice to give back to the band that you like.

Anyone ever done such a dorky thing for a band they like? PLEASE tell me there are others on here that have done such a thing.
emmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-05, 09:31 PM   #2
VWguy
Japanamation junkie

Nope, you're the only one.

hehe

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. -Robin Williams

Your future in a nutshell.
VWguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-05, 10:19 PM   #3
emmy
don't try this at home

Well, this is the first time we as a group, have ever done such a thing and now there's talk (jokily of course ) about next year buying the members some SHIRTS as we're seeing the band members wear the same shirts gig after gig! Socks today, Shirts tomorrow...there's no stopping us now.
Old 20-06-05, 01:26 AM   #4
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

i actually saw them for the fis time on SNL last november and again (rerun) last night.

whats the deal with the guy that is a back up vocal and a maraca player, is he someones brother? that would be the coolest job.

good job on the socks, you are almost famous. i know a girl that went out with a guy that did sound for wilco and yo la tengo.
floydian slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-05, 02:27 AM   #5
aaacbada
unibomber

i just hope modest mouse doesn't sell out.

very cool about the socks though.
aaacbada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-05, 07:28 AM   #6
albed
flippin 'em off

You know they just roll them up and stick them in their pants don't you?
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-05, 11:05 AM   #7
emmy
don't try this at home

Gasps!

I'm still laughing over the thought that we're doing this. I'm sure band members get bombarded with fans giving them presents all the time etc., but here we are, giving them socks of all things? We're opting for the Fruit of the Loom socks since K-mart had a special on them. How dorky are we? Wait, don't answer that!
Old 20-06-05, 01:17 PM   #8
JackSpratts

our emmy started a rock trend, how cool is that?

you have to have them monogrammed w/your name. then we can see it on the cover of rolling stone.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-05, 01:23 PM   #9
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

quite cool, emmy - like the Beatles/jelly beans thing
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-05, 02:56 PM   #10
emmy
don't try this at home

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife
quite cool, emmy - like the Beatles/jelly beans thing
What? Beatles? Fans? Jelly Beans?

Do tell more about this since I'm not aware of the Beatles/Fans/Jelly Bean connection but I wanna know! It sounds super cute nevertheless!!!!